Categories > Cartoons > Xiaolin Showdown > Dragon of Thunder, Dragon of Wind

dragon of thunder's curse/ Who shall thy love?

by angel_of_life2345 0 reviews

Amber and Lauren learn about the curse of the dragon of thunder but why does Amber nto seem phased by the fact at all?

Category: Xiaolin Showdown - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Chase Young, Clay, Dojo, Jack Spicer, Kimiko, Master Fung, Omi, Raimundo - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-28 - Updated: 2007-01-28 - 762 words

-1MarySue
"curse?" Amber asked. Lauren got off her lap and sat down next to her, keeping uncharacteristicly silent.
"Yes you see there are a few things about the dragon of thunder that you should know." Master Fung said.
"The fist is that the dragon of thunder is always reincarnated, when you die, you are always reborn. That is one part of the curse. The secound part is that, depending on who you fall inlove with, depends on wether you stay on the side of good or turn evil." Lauren gave a displeased sound. Amber didnt even look phased by this new information as she looked at the monks. They were all wide eyed and seemed to be in a state of shock.
"So you mean, that when she falls for someone, it could determan wether she fights with us or becoumes and outlaw? I thought that the lost heart shen gong wu helped us find her then when she is on our side, she would stay on our side." Clay said. Master Fung shook his head and Dojo climbed off of his shoulder.
"You see, about 9000 years ago, at the time of the first dragon of thunder, that dragon was torn between two diffrent people: the dragon of wind and someone on the haylin side. The dragon died before they could make their choice and cursed themself to always being reancarnated so that one day the choice can be made. However, the dragon of thunder usually dies bfor the choice can be made, another part of the curse it seems. Wether or not Amber stays with us on the side of good depends on whether or not she likes the dragon on wind, since the dragon of thunder's love intrest on the side of good has always been the dragon of wind." Dojo finished and looked at the monks shocked expressions. He noticed that Amber, again, did not seem phased and that lauren was looking at her intently.
"hey Am? Are you ok?" She asked. Anyone could tell she was nervous.
"Huh? yeah I'm fine. I'm going to go think about this for a bit." Amber said as she stood up and walked out of the chamber. For once, Lauren wasnt going to join her.
"I guess you should tell us what is up with blondie." Raimundo said. Lauren looked at tem all.
"Amber never was a girl who would make a desision easily about certain things....but to have to take time to decide on which side to fight on.... I wonder if she is as stable as she lets on." lauren said to no one in particular then stood up and walked after Amber. Leaving the monks to only guess what Lauren could have meant.

---------------------

terms of intrest/defeninitions:
curse of the dragon of thunder- a short version is that the dragon of thunder will always be rencarnated until she chooses wether or not to stay with the xialin worrior or the haylin worrior, in every lifetime however, she is killed before she can make the choice, bringing the curse full circle. depending on who the dragon on thunder falls inlove with depends on wether or not she fights on the haylin side or the side of good. incidantly, the curse gives her power over other things besides thunder, the dragon of thunder controls light as well, and can turn herself into pure energy (like that bunny shen gong wu, only she doesnt need the shengong wu) the two main love intrests in this life time are chase young and raimundo.

wouldnt jacke spicer be a love intrest for Amber?- no. Amber was jack's bully when they were younger (they met when she first came to america.) plus, how can you consider that freak actully being evil? he screams like a girl in nearly every episode he is in.

lauren's concern/ Amber's indesision- lauren is concerned that Amber may turn to they haylin side (look back at what she said) but she knows amber better than that. She wanted the other's to think that Amber is having indecision about her choices, when really, lauren knows that Amber is just thinking about what Master fung said about the curse and it is nothing to really worry about.

Amber takes time in thinking things through- she can decide things quickly if needed be but if she is alowed she will actually take time in deciding which to chose. this could explain why the curse has been around for 9000 years since all the other dragons of thunder may have had the same personality points
Sign up to rate and review this story