Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Against All Odds

So Far

by Arisa 1 review

Um...read and find out. Sorry, I suck at these. xD

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-02-05 - Updated: 2007-02-06 - 2397 words

0Unrated
Ch. 12 So Far
I hope you guys like this chapter, I worked very hard on this one. There is an important note at the bottom of this one. I've also noticed that this fic is much more dark than I was intending. Ah well, as long as you guys like it...

I looked up as a cab pulled up and Pete stepped out. He payed the man quickly and kneeled down next to me. I felt his arms underneath me as he lifted me and brought me onto his bus. "Pete I just want to leave." I croaked out as he set me on the couch. He sat down next to me and pulled me so he was sitting up and his legs were spread down the couch and I was between his leg. "Just tell me what happened first." He said calmly, rubbing my back.

"I don't exactly know... I walked back in after talking on the phone to one of my friends and all of a sudden Brendon came in, called me a liar, and told me to get out." I saw Pete's eyes flash slightly, but I couldn't tell with what. "So, you don't know why he called you a liar or kicked you out?" I shook my head and wiped my eyes. I had managed to stop crying, but I still felt hollow.

Pete was still rubbing my back, but we had fallen into silence. "Look, why don't you stay with us. At least until we find out what happened. You honestly can't thing of what you've done? Why don't you tell me everything that happened while we were gone." I nodded and sat up slightly. "I decided to watch Real World/ Road Rules. Then, my aunt called and said Connor still wanted to marry me. I told her I was happy and in a realationship, so she let it go. Then, I went out for some air and my best friend Bridget called. She had to get back to work though, so I said bye, hung up, and went back to the bus. Then Brendon came in and told me to get out." Pete looked almost as lost as me. "That's it?" I nodded, and he sighed.

"Look, I'm not going to ask Brendon about it yet, but stay here. You don't even have to leave the bus. I'll give them some time to cool down, and then your going to talk to them for sure. I sighed, but nodded. As much as I didn't want to see them right now, I was desperate to find out what happened too. I jumped as Pete's phone rang. Pete gave me a smile and stood to pick it up. "Hello? Oh, hey Jon." He gave me a look and I shrugged. Pete hit the speaker button.

"What's up, Brendon and Ryan won't talk. The only thing I got Brendon to say was that Katie left, and I figured since you were gone she was with you. She didn't answer her phone..." I flipped open my phone to see a missed call from Jon. "Sorry, I didn't hear it." I didn't know when it rang, but I guess it didn't matter. "Katie? What's going on?" "Shhh!" I begged, "Look, I'm not sure what's wrong, but for now, I'm staying with Pete and the others. Just leave it alone and act like I left. Don't tell Ryan and Brendon I'm here no matter what." I insisted. Pete gave me an odd look and I heard Jon sigh. "Fine, just know I'm not getting into your fight. Unless they hurt you, then I'll kill them." I laughed a little. "It's fine Jon, thanks though." "Anytime, bye guys. Love you Katie. Of course, I love you too, Pete." He hung up after we said bye and I laughed.

Pete sighed and sat down by me again. "Looks like we've got a rocky road ahead." I gave him a small nod and he picked me up, taking me into the bunk area. I clung to him and slept on his chest. I had discovered something about Pete. He was a great friend, almost like a sibling, but at the same time I could talk to him about those things you just can't tell family. I fell asleep wondering about what was going to happen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One uneventful week had passed since I'd been with Fall Out Boy. They had extended the tour to add a few more stops, so this was the second to last stop. After this was Vegas. We were in Chicago now. The guys had decided to end the tour in Panic!'s home town instead of theirs. I had talked to Jon once and Spencer twice, but I stayed on the bus almost the entire time. I hadn't been eating much, I couldn't. Fall Out Boy was off at sound check, and I was searching for something to eat since I'd promised them I would eat something. I could tell they were getting a little worried, and to be honest I was too. I've three pounds in this past week. I'm not bragging or anything, but I was small in the first place. I was 5'2" and I weighed 98 pounds. (Don't tell me that isn't possible without being a twig, I have a friend who is 95 and she is NOT sick or unhealthy. She is just small, and she has a small bust. She is also a little taller, not much, but since Katie is suppose to have a bigger bust I made her a few pounds heavier.) I was now 95 pounds and I felt sluggish.

I sighed as I found nothing. I pulled on a pair of my tightest jeans, noting that they only hugged my thighs now rather than my whole leg. (I don't mean skinny's, just tighter jeans.) They looked more like flares, but I suppose they were when I bought them a couple years ago. They were incredibly beat up, but I didn't care. I grabbed a light blue quicksilver hoodie that used to belong to my aunt, so it was huge on me. It came to mid-thigh and I relished the warmth. I stepped into the venue and walked over to the vending machines.

I could hear Fall Out Boy's sound check going on and I smiled to myself, humming along. The guys had all been very helpful and supportive, and I had grown to really love them all. I glanced at the selections in the vending maching and got an iced tea. I moved to the snack machine and looked for something that wasn't going to make me sick. I had just decided on a snickers bar when I heard one of the last voices I wanted to hear. "Katie?" I froze and turned towards him, knowing there was no point in trying to get out. He was standing at the door.

"Hey Ryan." I answered quietly, looking down. "What are you doing here?" He masked his anger well, but I could tell it was still there. "I'm traveling with Fall Out Boy. I wanted to know...why'd you kick me out?" Ryan's eyes looked hard and I couldn't really tell what he was feeling, but I guessed anger. He didn't answer and turned to leave. "Ryan wait!" I called out, and he stopped, turning around and closing the door again. He looked at me, but didn't say a word. "Look, just tell me why your so mad. Tell me why you kicked me out and I promise you that I'll leave and you'll never see me again."

I saw something flash in Ryan's eyes when I said the last part, but it was gone as soon as it came. "You lied." I sighed and sat down on the tile floor, feeling dizzy. Ryan took a few steps toward me, but stayed far enough that I couldn't reach out to him. "Brendon said that, but what did I lie about?" I asked, genuine confusion showing as I looked up at Ryan for the first time. I stood as he opened his mouth, venturing even a few steps closer. He looked ready to back up, but he didn't. "You have someone. We heard you on the phone telling someone you loved them and that you couldn't wait to hear from them. At first we thought it was family, but Jon said the only family alive you get along with is him, and you don't call Jon babe." At first I was completely lost, but then I remembered.

"You mean Bridget?" I asked, looking up at him. " I don't really care what the guys name is." His voice sounded less cold, and he actually sounded upset again. The soundcheck was over, but I didn't even notice. "Bridget isn't a guy. SHE is my best friend from back home. She was at work, so she had to call me back later. I told her I loved her and siad I couldn't wait to hear from her. Trust me, I'm not cheating on you with her." He looked at me blankly for a few minutes and I sighed, turning back toward the vending machines. I payed for and grabbed my snickers bar, moving to pass Ryan.

I was about to the door when things got fuzzy and I felt myself hit the floor. Ryan was standing over me and he yelled something. I heard Pete and Andy come in and I felt myself being lifted up. This wasn't the first time this had happened, but it was the first time I had passed out in a public place. I clung to Andy's shirt as he took me back to the bus. "You okay?" He sounded concerned, but it had happened before. "Yeah, I'm sorry. I was going to get food..." He gave me a small smile. "I can tell, you still have tea and the candy bar in your hands." I laughed as he set me down on his' bunk. "Look, if this keeps up-" "I know!" I cut him off. "I promise, I'll be fine. I've stopped throwing up, and I'm eating again." He gave me a small smile. "I know, as long as you start to eat more, we won't take you in deal?" I nodded and smiled at him, sitting up in the bunk.

Pete knocked lightly on the open door and came back to where we were sitting. "Look, You have a visitor. Brendon. Do you want me to let him in?" I nodded and he and Andy made their way out. A few seconds later I heard a door close and Brendon walked back to sit on the bunk across from me. I opened my snickers and took a few bites, giving me an excuse for not breaking the ice. "You've lost weight." It was the first thing he had said since he had come in. "Yeah, a little bit." I answered awkwardly, not sure what to say to him. "So, Ryan talked to me about...everything and he wanted me to come see if you were okay. He was gonna come, but he's a little upset..." Brendon almost seemed to be struggling for words, which was I hadn't heard him do very often.

I gave a small smile. "Well, you can tell him that I'm fine. See you Brendon." I answered. Okay, so I was a little bitter about the whole misunderstanding, but wouldn't you be in my situation. Besides, I'm a teenager, I have the right to be like that. "Look, maybe we should get together and talk... I mean, if it really was a misunderstanding. You can bring Pete if it makes you comfortable, but I'd rather it was just us three..." I watched as he stood up. "Look Brendon, the only reason I stayed was to figure this out. I promised Ryan that if he told me I'd leave for good, so this is it." He sighed and turned back to me. "You've stayed this long...please, just talk this out with us. I overreacted, I'll admit. Just come and lets talk, and then we'll find out what we want to do."

I was going to protest, but I decided better of it. I just nodded. "Fine, we'll go into the venue and talk at one of the tables. Go on ahead with Ryan. I'll get ready and meet you in there." He nodded and left and I headed into the bathroom to put on some eye-liner. Pete appeared at the doorway to the bathroom and watched me until I had finished my first eye. As I moved onto the second he spoke up. "So, your finally going to talk to them? You know we'll be here no matter what happens. You gonna be okay?" I gave him a small smile through the mirror as I finished my second eye. I smiled and tackled him into a hug. "I know you guys are here Pete. Thanks so much for everything, really." He smiled and hugged me tightly before letting go.

"Hear them out kid, and make sure they hear you out too. You guys are good for each other. Don't let a misunderstanding ruin it." I smiled at him and laughed a little. "Come on Pete, don't make me cry before I get there. Thanks, really. I don't know what I'd do without you and the others. I really mean it." He smiled and smacked my butt as I walked out. "Enough seriousness, go get your men back before I take 'em." He said with a wink and I laughed, heading out the door.

As a note, eating disorders, which were sort of implied, are a serious issue. I was trying to get across the point that weight loss, unless it's to be healthy, isn't good just because you want to be "skinny". On a lighter note, I've decided to give you a little insight into some parts of what Katie looks like. Here are the web addresses for her hair color : http://www.glamourhair.com/images/RevolutionColorChart/23R_Light_Blonde.jpg. It's a layered look thats about shoulder length. Here are her eyes : http://files.dogster.com/pix/cats/95/96495/96495_1129076425.jpg. Sorry, I could only find the right color on a cat, since I couldn't upload a pic of my friend. I hate her for having those eyes, they're gorgeous. (My friend, not my OC. xD)

Sign up to rate and review this story