Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A sense of function but a disregard

I've got to say, I wasted all your time

by getup_n_go 4 reviews

fighting in such sweet sorrow

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Erotica, Fantasy, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-02-07 - Updated: 2007-02-08 - 1506 words

1Moving
"A sense of function, but a disregard" by getupngo

Part Nine: I've got to say, I wasted all your time

I've got to say I'm on my way down...
Where do I go to fall from grace


Destiny didn't hear from anyone on the Fall Out Boy crew for the rest of the Friends or Enemies tour. She kept to herself and just worried about herself and school for about two weeks before realizing how lonely she really had become. It had been to long that she isolated herself from her former friends for a variety of reasons, one of which was why she went to L.A. and it left her wondering what she was going to do on this particular Friday.

She got online; looking at Fall Out Boy stuff as she found herself doing the last couple nights...she missed Patrick. Suddenly she knew someone she could call.

"Destiny!" the girl said, full of enthusiasm, "How the fuck are you?" she asked. Destiny smiled, it was good to hear a friendly voice.

"Marie! I'm so bored, what are you doing?" she asked her.

"Um...packing. The tour is going to London tomorrow, I'm meeting everyone over there, even Jeana is going...aren't you going? Wait...shouldn't you be with them?" she asked, suddenly realizing that something was terribly wrong.

"Wow, Joe didn't tell you? Patrick and I broke up. I did something terrible, but, have fun in London, yeah? I'll talk to you later," she replied about to hang up.

"Wait, wait, wait. Stop, explain. Mr. Head-over-heels broke up with you? Very strange," she said. Destiny sighed. She really liked Marie and didn't want her to think less of her.

"I cheated, I was wrong. He had every right to dump me, Marie...wait, Jeana? Huh?" she asked suddenly. Marie laughed.

"New year, new leaf I suppose, crazy kids. Who did you possibly cheat with? Like there was anyone remotely engaging enough to cheat with?" she asked. Destiny cleared her throat.

"It was with Andy," she mumbled. Marie let out a loud laugh.

"Please tell me you're kidding. After all the bullshit you guys gave each other this summer? What the hell, Desty?" Marie asked.

"I don't know! First he was creepy then he suddenly became intriguing. He said he fell in love with me, I didn't know what to do. I never want to hurt Patrick," she replied.

"Has anyone tried to contact you?" she asked.

"Andy did the first day, but I told him I wanted nothing to do with anyone, that I was hurting too many people. So I haven't in over a month. I didn't even know about Pete and Jeana. I'm just out of the loop now," she said.

"Dude, come to London with me. I'll tell Joe I invited you. I'm sure we can fix this," Marie suggested.

"No, I can't. It's beyond fixable. Thanks though. I originally only kissed Andy, but after Patrick kicked me off the tour, I actually fucked him. I ruined any small chance I had. Tell everyone who cares I said hello. Have a good time, okay?" Destiny said. She heard Marie sigh.

"Yeah, I'll do that. You going to be okay here? I can just tell Joe I'll see him in another week if you need someone around?" she suggested.

"No, it's okay. Go see your man. I'll see you when you guys get back..."

************

A week went by and Destiny was now faced with Super Bowl weekend, which led to a week of insane promotion then they were going back to L.A. before the Honda Civic Tour for three months straight. For Destiny to try and save her relationship, it was now, or never. She knew that if she let Patrick go on tour, the beginning of which had him foreign countries, he was bound to get over her quicker.

She decided to take matters into her own hands and went to visit his home. Joe called her when he got in the city to let her know he was going to be home for the weekend before heading to New York.

Carefully, she knocked on the door and waiting in the frigid air for him to answer. Patrick was shocked when he looked out his bedroom window to see Destiny shivering in the wind. He opened the door and she peered at him, he was registering no emotion, but stepped aside to let her in. She shook the snow off her shoes carefully before stepping inside and was grateful for the heat in house.

"Hey," she said softly. He shrugged at her and crossed his arms defensively. "Okay..." she added, staring at his feet. Patrick let out a disbelieving laugh.

"What? You wanted me to just welcome you into my house with loving open arms after all you did to me? Andy told me everything. Here I was, thinking I could get you back somehow, but ended up finding out that you actually took advantage of the ten seconds that you had been single. I actually believed you moved on with him. I still don't understand you did this to me in the first place..." he began, his tone clearly just wanting a conversation. Destiny took it a different way.

"Why the hell do you think I cheated on you, Patrick? You're boring. Every time I tried to get closer to you, you shut me out. You're so worried about getting hurt, but you didn't think about the fact that you are bringing all of this pain on yourself," Destiny began. She was ready to be completely honest with him; he needed to know the truth about why this relationship was failing.

"You think its hard now? Destiny, I'm going to be leaving until the middle of June in less than a month. Baby, this is only going to get harder. You don't have what it takes to be with me, I knew that from the moment we started dating and all you were doing was bitching at me about not paying attention to you," he replied. Destiny laughed in disbelief.

"Oh right, I get it. You feel like you have to prove yourself in this band thing but yet I am still waiting for you to prove yourself as my boyfriend. Which is coming first? The established singer, or the boyfriend who acknowledges his girlfriends existence?" She spat at him. Patrick let his jaw drop slightly. He never really knew Destiny to speak in such low blows, but he squinted his eyes and retorted,

"At least I don't murder innocent life." Destiny backed away from him and stared. Did he really just say that?

"Get out," she said, "Go promote your album, then go to Japan and forget about me. You don't fucking deserve this life, Patrick. Anyone who can say shit like that doesn't deserve much of anything. You fucking liar!" she screamed suddenly, getting angry. "When I told you why I was so flustered on the day you bumped into me, you told me you understood! But you fucking lied to me!" she said, picking up the nearest object, which happened to be a small pillow, and flung it at him but he easily ducked it.

"Yeah, but I never said I agreed with it, I just merely said I understood," he replied, his tone even, which scared Destiny. She had never seen him like this before. He looked like his mind was racing and any minute now he was just going to explode and beat her ass.

"Unbelievable," she said, turning around so she didn't have to look at him anymore and running her fingers through her hair. Patrick just let the venom course through his system. Anyone who knows him knows that when it comes to his music, its one of the few things that sets him off.

"How dare you stand there and tell me that you are more important than my job, you will never be more important than my music, Destiny, don't flatter yourself. Jesus, you have a lot of nerve."

"Fuck! You are so pretentious! I hate this side of you, Patrick. It's fucking annoying as hell! If someone doesn't fawn over the incredible talents of Patrick Stump, they are suddenly less of a person to you. I'm sorry I ever let this get this far. We don't belong together," she finished. Patrick could do nothing but clench his fists and nod.

"Then go ahead, run away. I know it's exactly what you're good at," he said. Destiny stared at him for another minute before shaking her head and turning to leave his home.

Patrick watched her leave, his hands now shaking with rage. He unclenched them and walked from the front hallway to his bedroom and into his closet. He paced in a small circle before letting his anger get the best of him and took it out on the wall...


***********

Now when you work out where to draw the line
your guess is as good as mine...
Sign up to rate and review this story