Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > This Circle Never Ends

Chapter Five.

by HikkiHipKisser 1 review

Aww, Brendon's riding with them.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-13 - Updated: 2007-02-13 - 993 words

0Unrated
"You know, you didn't really have to come, Brendon." Jon sighed, a little annoyed as Brendon sat perkily in the backseat, his head in between the driver's and passenger's seat. "It's just a twenty five minute ride to the airport."
"I know," Brendon shrugged. "But it was boring at your house."
"I'm sure you could have livened it up." Shelby said, a smile tugging at her lips as she looked at him.
Jon glanced at Shelby before turning his attention back to the road in front of them. "Yes he could have. Brendon brings things to life."
Brendon laughed. "I try." Another shrug rippled through his shoulders. "So, Shel, what do you do in Chicago?"
"Well," she sighed. "I'm taking classes, so I'm just a waitress in a café by the campus. I don't have time for anything else. That's where I met Jon, by the way. You remember that, baby?"
He smiled softly, nodding. "I remember it like it was yesterday. I walked in, saw you, and the rest is history, because you were the most beautiful thing in that café and always will be."
Shelby's cheeks reddened as she swooned over his words. "Aww, Jon..."
Something swirled inside Brendon's stomach and he didn't know if it were anger that he was lying to her face or guilt that he couldn't do anything about it. Jon was just leading her on, and she was the last to ever find out.
"So," Brendon said quickly. "Are we there yet?"
Jon let his breath come out in another sigh and he looked at Brendon as his car slowed to a stop at a red light. "No." he responded briefly. "When we're there, I'll park the car."
"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the wrong bed this morning." Brendon sighed, leaning back in the backseat, as the car resumed its journey on the road.
Jon shot him a glare in the rear view mirrors then looked at Shelby. Her eyes met his, and he could see the confusion clouding any other emotion she was feeling. "How could my own bed be wrong?" Jon asked a little too innocently for Brendon's likings.
"I don't know," Brendon raised an eyebrow. "You tell me."
"I don't know either. Pancakes, Bren. I constantly tell you to stay away from all that sugar."
Brendon looked at Shelby, who was chuckling at Jon's comment, thinking the whole thing was a joke, and left it at that. He didn't want to get in too deep, not yet at least. "What's the most you ever made on a tip?"
Another laugh softly fell from Shelby's lips as she shook her head. "Interesting question. Uhm..." she paused, thinking back to all the days she had waited on the people. "I think around four dollars and twenty five cents. I'm not too sure on that though."
"Bet you were happy." Brendon smiled, not noticing the angry glare Jon had given him before turning his eyes back on what mattered.
"I was!" Shelby nodded. "I felt a little bad for taking their money because they were old, but they insisted." She smiled.
"That's my baby for you." Jon put in. "Such a sweetheart." He looked at Brendon and his eyes were smugly saying all the things that couldn't be put into verbal words. He didn't really need to remind Brendon who's girlfriend she was.
"Aw, Jon." The corners of her mouth turned up once again as she looked up at him. Brendon could see the honest love and admiration glistening in her eyes every time she looked at Jon, and it made him feel even guiltier that he knew something that could tear her down inside and kept it from her.
Maybe it was just that he was a good hearted person of him to be keeping it from him. He never really took the time to figure it out what it was that was keeping Jon's little secret from spilling from his tongue. Maybe it was because he didn't want to argue with Jon about it. Maybe it was because he didn't want to jeopardize his relationship with Jon, and the band if they happened to find out. Or maybe it was because he had already begun to care about Shelby.
As Jon's car pulled into the airport parking lot, the car shook slightly as it rode over the speed hump. Shelby held her breath as tears formed in the corners of her eyes. She was already missing Jon badly. She turned towards him as he parked the car. She hated leaving him like that. "I love you." She whispered, smiling sadly.
"I love you too." Jon said softly, leaning over to kiss her lightly. Her eyelids fluttered to a close as she kissed him back.
Brendon rolled his eyes, crossing his arms across his chest. He turned away from the couple, more because he didn't want to see Jon playing Shelby like a cheap board game. All the pieces weren't in order yet, but he knew that as soon Jon got tired of playing with her, he'd walk away from her. He didn't want to see that happen.
"I'll miss you." Shelby smiled, forcing back tears as she got out of the car. Jon mumbled an, "I'll miss you too," as Brendon opened the backdoor and scooted over so she could get her bags out. As she leaned into the car, she looked at him. "It was nice meeting you. Keep Jon out of trouble for me, 'kay?"
Brendon forced a smile and nodded. "If it can be arranged."
She grinned, wiping tears from her eyes as she pulled her bags out and closed the door. As Jon began to drive away, Brendon looked back at her. She noticed him and waved, grinning.
He waved back, and turned around to meet Jon's bitter gaze.
Brendon opened his mouth to say something, but Jon beat him to it, "What the hell was that?"
Sign up to rate and review this story