Categories > Original > Humor > Five Minute Soap Dish

Week 8

by johmichaels 0 reviews

Against her better judgement, Gia picks up Nick from the hospital.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-02-17 - Updated: 2007-02-18 - 913 words - Complete

0Unrated
Week 8

"Nick, next time you decide to break through a window, do it at a time when I wasn't planning on sleeping," Gia said as they left the clinic room. Nick was still slightly amazed by the stitches around his hands and arms.
"I look like a tough guy," he said to Gia and himself, but mainly to himself, "Like a hard man or something."
"So what?"
"This is history making Gia, I'm the first person of the middle class who looks like they're tough. The middle class, we're traditionally victims of aggression, not perpetrators."
"Well, whatever, due to that long waiting time, we should be able to take a tram back home," Gia said, checking her watch, "Shit! In my case, back to Uni."
She sped away from the hospital, Nick following her. He, however, stopped briefly to give a menacing stare at some middle aged men entering the hospital.
"What are you doing?" Gia hissed, dragging him along.
"They were so intimidated by me, like you wouldn't believe."
They moved quickly to the nearby tram stop, and sat down, waiting for their transport. Gia was still clearly annoyed at not getting any sleep.
"Seriously, was she so annoying that you couldn't just endure her?" she asked Nick.
"Well, it's not that I couldn't endure her, it's just that I couldn't endure her in such a way that would not severely impede Steve's chances of bedding her best friend," Nick explained, "And I never told you that you had to come."
"You did all but," Gia complained, "And I was having such a good night up until now."
"Oh really," Nick said, raising an eyebrow, "I want details, gimme gimme gimme."
Gia groaned, "Kelly introduced me to a guy, and we had a few drinks together."
"Kelly knows guys? That she hasn't dated, apart from me and Steve? He must have been an ex or something."
"No, just some random stranger."
"Oh, if it's a random stranger then it's her current boyfriend," Nick said, "And you're stealing him away from her, you hussy!"
Gia rolled her eyes, "Do you want to hear about my night, or make bad jokes about Kelly?"
"Sorry, go on."
"Well, he was nervous to start off with, but after a while, we started to talk until we realised the café was closing. He seems like a nice guy."
"What's his name?"
"Mark."
"Surname?" Nick asked.
"I don't know."
"What about job, what does he do for a living?"
"I don't know that either."
"Interests, hobbies, anything?"
Gia growled at Nick, "I don't know, okay? What are you implying?"
"Well, as long as you know his name is Mark, I'm sure everything else will just be peachy. I mean, there's been no unpleasant people in the world called Mark, ever."
"Stop being so critical," Gia said, tensing her forehead, "We weren't trying to get to know each other, just trying to have a fun night with each other."
"And yet you're here at a tram stop with me rather than at his place riding him like a bronco. A different definition of fun than I would usually expect from you," Nick said, "Not that I'm complaining. I mean, between Steve's endless conquests, and Kelly's quantitative boyfriends, I feel like the recording studio is overflowing with hormones at some times. A change is a blessed relief for me."
"About that," Gia began, "Do you think I should stay doing the radio show?"
Nick took Gia's hand and clutched in tightly, "Yes, yes and yes. Your voices are excellent, much better than my female impersonations."
"But what if I could find a different female vocalist willing to do the job?"
"Still, I want you to stay. Seriously, Gia, you're like the only person at the radio station I don't view with a sense of interpersonal antagonism," Nick said, "Is this about Steve?"
Gia shrugged, "I don't like working where I'm not liked."
"Well, Kelly likes you, and I like you more than most people, though I would still say I don't like you. And Steve-eh, offer him a vagina and a beer and he'll be your friend for life."
Gia looked shocked at Nick, "I'm not going to fuck Steve to get him to like me. God, who do you think I am?"
"I didn't mean your vagina. You've got friends don't you, or at least aquantices you don't much care about? What am I saying, you still go to Uni, of course you do. Well, offer one up as a sacrifice to Steve, and you needn't ever worry about what Steve thinks of you ever again," Nick explained, then thought it over, "Though offering yourself up is also a viable choice I suppose."
"No!" Gia objected as the tram stopped in front of them. They got on together and moved towards the ticket machine.
"Well, in that case you can quit the radio show and disappoint two close friends, or alternatively, you could not give a shit about whatever Steve thinks of you. I mean, I don't care what anybody thinks of me, and I'm generally content."
As Gia got their tickets, Nick motioned to two young boys on a nearby seat. He stared at them with intimidation, and showed off his stitches. The boys quickly moved from their seat.
"It's amazing, it's like I've been bitten by a poisonous spider or something," Nick said, mainly to himself.
"What?" Gia asked.
"Oh, I found us some seats," Nick explained.
Sign up to rate and review this story