Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > My Life Then and Now

In Australia and Back

by Blood-Skye 0 reviews

Kimmi is sent a demo from a band called Simple Plan. She is so impressed with them that she flies to Canada just for a lunch date. People find their way back into Kimmi's life. What will she do now...

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Chuck Comeau, David Desrosiers - Published: 2007-02-19 - Updated: 2007-02-19 - 2528 words

0Unrated
Kimmi's P.O.V.

We landed in Australia and got off the plane. The company sent someone to take us to our house we would be living in for the next two years. Keaton was going to be my personal assistant, that way he could be close to me if I needed him.
"Hello, are you the person the company sent over?" I asked the guy.
"Yes, you can call me Joe." he said.
"Okay, Joe. I'm tired can we get to the house, so I can sleep in an actual bed? I asked. He nodded his head, opened the door and let me and Keaton in. He got in the driver's seat and took us to the house.

"Wow, this is beautiful." I said as we pulled up to a huge house. It was sitting for back in the outlands.
"Come on. We need to go claim our rooms." Keaton said grabbing our bags.
"Give me mine. I'm not a little girl." I said taking my bags from him. I found a room that overlooked the Australian deserts.
"Oh wow, this view is awesome." Keaton said entering my room.
"Yeah, I already claim it." I told him. He stuck his tongue out at me.
"That's real mature." I called out after him.


Back in Canada-Toni's P.O.V.

"Chuck, come on. We need you to come out." I said leaning up against his door. He has been locked in there since his huge fight with Kimmi.
"No, I fucked up and didn't even get to say I was truly sorry." he yelled. You could hear he was crying. I opened his door and walked in his room. It was messy, underwear everywhere, his drum sticks just lying on the floor along with clothes, his laptop was under his bed, there were socks on his desk computer.
"Wow, you really have let yourself go." I said still looking around.
"You need to lay off me right now." he screamed.
"Chuck, Simple Plan is counting on you, I am counting on you. You need to pull it together and get over it." I told him.
"How can I?" he asked.
"Write songs to go on your guys first album to let your feelings out, then send the demo into random record companies." I said and walked out.


Chuck's P.O.V.

My sister was right. Maybe someday I will be on tour and Kimmi and I will meet again. I pulled out a notebook and started writing. Then I picked up the phone and called Pierre to come over with his guitar to help out.
"Pierre, I need you to come over so we can write a few songs for the demo." I said. He said yes and hung up. I knew he would be here shortly and soon enough he was in my doorway.
"What do you have done so far?" he asked. I showed him the notebook.
"I heard you're doing okay. But I want you to know I'm addict, I'm addicted to you." I like it so far. We spent the rest of the night writing and coming up with the music. In the end this is what we had

I heard you're doing okay. But I want you to know I'm addict, I'm addicted to you. I can't pretend I don't care. When you think about me. Do you think I deserve this. I tried to make you happy but you left anyway. I'm trying to forget that I'm addicted to you. But I want it and I need it. I'm addicted to you. Now it's over, can't forget what you said. And I never want to do this again. Heartbreaker, heartbreaker, heartbreaker. Since the day I met you and after all we've been through. I'm still addict. I'm addicted to you. I think you know that's it's true. I'd run a thousand miles to get you. Do you think I deserve this? I tried to make you happy. I did all that I could. Just to keep you, but you left anyway. I'm trying to forget that I'm addicted to you. But I want it and I need it. I'm addicted to you. Now it's over, can't forget what you said. And I never want to do this again. Heartbreaker, heartbreaker. How long will I be waiting? Until the end of time. I don't know why I'm still waiting. I can't make you mine. I'm trying to forget that I'm addicted to you. But I want it and I need it. I'm addicted to you. I'm trying to forget that I'm addicted to you. But I want it and I need it. I'm addicted to you. Now it's over, can't forget what you said. And I never want to do this again. Heartbreaker, heartbreaker. I'm addicted to you. Heartbreaker. I'm addicted to you. Heartbreaker. I'm addicted to you. Heartbreaker. I'm addicted to you. Heartbreaker.

"Wow, this is really good." Pierre said at the end of the night. The next few weeks we all sat around writing more songs and recording them. Then we put them on a demo and went around giving them to all the A&R guys we met and sending them into record companies.


Kimmi's P.O.V.

"Ms. Marcett, here is your mail." my secretary said handing me a box full of bills, demos, and letters. Most it was forwarded from the main building in New York. I always looked at the demos first.
"Lets see, Running Nowhere, The New Cities, Mercy Mercedes, and finally Simple Plan. Sounds like a good crop this time." I mumbled. I popped Simple Plan's CD in my stereo.
"Hello, I am Chuck, Jeff, Sebastien, David, and Pierre here. We all make up Simple Plan and it would so much if you would sign us. We all come from hard lives in Canada. To hear more you will have to sign us." voices said. It paused for a second then a song played, Addicted.

"How's the demo's today?" Keaton asked.
"I will be flying to Canada to meet with a band called Simple Plan." I replied.
"Okay, do you have someone getting us tickets?" he asked.
"I have someone getting my ticket. I'm flying solo this time." I answered.
"Okay, then I will watch the house. Just be careful." he said and walked out to go back to work. I went home to get all my bags around. This was the best part of my job, flying around meeting bands before they are famous.

My driver, Joe, was taking me to the airport.
"Do I need to call someone to take you to the meeting place?" he asked.
"No, Joe, that will be alright.. I lived in Canada. I know my way around." I replied and got on the plane. A day and half later I arrived in Canada. I picked up my car I had left at the airport for this reason. It felt good to be home and in my car. I pulled up to the restaurant we all agreed to meet at, the one were my dad delivered my the worst news of my life. I actually sat in the same booth too. My old boss recognized me at once.
"Hello, welcome back Kimmi. What are you doing here?" he asked.
"I'm here to meet Simple Plan. We are going to be talking about the chance of them signing on my dad's record label." I answered. He brought me my favorite, pizza and a Mt. Dew.
"Thanks." I said. Just then five guys, that looked familiar, walked in. they all had sunglasses and hats on, one wore a Simple Plan t-shirt. I waved them over.

"Are you guys Simple Plan?" I asked as they approached me.
"Yes, we are. Are you the head of Lava Records?" the one in the SP shirt asked. I nodded my head and sat down. Just then I had a weird feeling something was about to happen.
"So, we need to go over a few things." I started. They were all looking at my weirdly as I got out a contract. I knew I wanted them on my record label, they were going to be big. Punk was starting to take over.
"You look like someone we know." the guy with short black, spiked hair said. I shrugged.
"I used to live in Canada, but then my dad died and I moved in with my mom, but after eight months they needed me to move to Australia, where I now live until next year." I said.
"I know who you are. How could I be so stupid?" he said slapping his forehead.
"Really?" I asked.
"Yes, you are Kimmi Marcett. Head of Lava Records, the person who will make us big." he replied. I rolled my eyes. Two of them still looked like they were trying to figure out where they knew me from.
"I need the lead singer, who would that be?" I asked.
"Me, Pierre Bouvier." the one with the SP shirt on said taking my pen.
"I need you to sign here under lead signer. Bass player here, lead guitarist here, backup singers, rhythmic guitarist, and finally drums." I said pointing to where they had to sign. One-by-one they all signed. I looked at the names closely.
"David Desrosiers?" I questioned hoping it wasn't my brother I ran out on.
"Yeah." he answered. He was the bass player and backup singer.
"Shit, look at the time. I have to run. I am late for a very important meeting. We will be in touch." I said and ran out.


David's P.O.V.

"David, did you sleep with her?" Pierre asked.
"No, dumbass. That was my sister." I replied.
"My sister!" I shot out of the restaurant and went after her.
"Kimmi, come here now." I yelled. She stopped and faced me.
"So, someone remember who I was." she yelled.
"Of course. I knew the whole time. Why do you think our demo ended up in the hands of you?" I asked. She shrugged.
"I thought it would be sent in by Chuck." she replied.
"No, he didn't want it sent to Lava because of you, but he must have forgot about it." I told her. He smiled slightly, but quickly tried to hide it when the rest of the guys walked up.


Chuck's P.O.V.

"Look, I have to go do something important. Like fuck up my dad's company and lose everything I own so I am no longer just a little rich bitch." she said and walked away. I knew she just said that to me. I ran after her.
"Kimmi, please wait. I want to apologize." I called out after her. She kept walking, but I caught up with her.
"I'm sorry for what I said. I shouldn't have said that. You were only trying to what was right for everyone around us." I pleaded.
"Really? Was I now or maybe I was only trying to save you the heartbreak that my life causes?" she yelled and stopped walking. I stopped and faced her.
"What do you mean?" I asked concerned.
"My life may have seemed perfect, I was rich, me and my dad were close. I mean my life was perfect on the outside." she said and starting playing with her wristbands. She usually did this when something was wrong.
"What is wrong?" I asked putting my hand on her cheek. She was cold and losing color. I noticed something red had poured down her arm and I pulled down her wristband to reveal a fresh cut or an old one that was reopened.
"Kimmi, why did you do this?" I asked pulling her into a hug. She needed a friend, not some guy trying to be more.
"Chuck, can we get out of here and go some place more private and where I can take care of this?" she asked pointing to her wrist. I nodded and we got in my car. I drove her back to my new house I had just bought.

We got in the house and I grabbed the first aid kit. Kimmi started to bandage up her wrist and also managed to stop the bleeding before that.
"Do you want to explain now?" I asked. She nodded and took a deep breath.
"When I was sixteen I was out walking alone and some guy came up behind me and pulled me into an alleyway. He started to touch me and rub his hands all over me, then he raped me. After that was when I first cut myself. My dad and I reported it to the cops, but they never found him. Then about a year and a half later my dad dies so I started cutting myself even more. Shortly after that I lost you and that's when I made this one." she explained. She had started crying so I pulled her close and laid down on the couch. She slowly stopped crying and still felt like this was partly my fault. She cut herself thinking she lost me. I no longer heard her crying, but slow steady breaths. She must be asleep, so I closed my eyes and drifted off too.


The next morning.
Kimmi's P.O.V.

I woke up and Chuck was holding my closely to him, like he never wanted me to leave. After what I told him last night, I wouldn't be surprised. He moved slightly only to hold me even closer. I had no choice but to lay there until he woke up.
"Kimmi. Will you quit being so stubborn and talk...oh." David yelled coming in Chuck's house.
"Quiet. Chuck is sleeping still." I whispered.
"How'd you know I was here?"
"Both you and Chuck disappeared, not that hard to figure out. Plus, your hotel said you never checked in." he answered.
"Stalker."
"Am not."
"Are to."
"Quiet, I'm trying to sleep." Chuck moaned.
"Sorry." both David and I said. Chuck rubbed his eyes and looked at David then me.
"You're not taking her." he said wrapping his arms around me even closer.
"I won't. Oh, since you are back we are taking the next week off so we all can catch up. Today is Chuck's day obviously. Tomorrow you are talking to me." David said and then left.

"Chuck, let go." I said.
"No, you're warm." he whined.
"I have to pee." I replied.
"Oh, third door on the left." he said letting me go. I got up and went to the bathroom and changed the bandages on my arm. As I walked out I was greeted by Chuck, imagine that.
"What do you want to do today?" he asked still sounding tired.
"Sleep." I yawned.
"Sounds good. Couch or bed?" he asked.
"Nice warm bed."
"Okay, come on. Do you want me to stay?" he asked now sounding hopeful. I nodded. We curled up together in his bed and in time I was back asleep.
"On a moonlit walk on the beach. Watching the sunrise for the first time. I'm in a trance for that on slow dance." Chuck sang and then fell asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story