Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Dark Child

Knowledge is power.

by henriette 3 reviews

Voldemort goes to the Potters to steal their child away from the light. He had a vision about this child, he shall raise him to become the Child of Darkness.Harry lives with Voldemort knowinghim as...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Dumbledore, Harry, Voldemort - Published: 2007-02-21 - Updated: 2007-02-21 - 2895 words

3Exciting
Dark Child

I don't own a thing, not Harry Potter or any other characters, so there is absolutely no reason to sue me! Just thought I should make that clear.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"People talking".

¨¨¨¨Written on paper¨¨¨¨.

¤¤Malignitas' thoughts¤¤.

+Dumbledore's thoughts+.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


(A/N: for those who don't know, Malignitas is Harry Potter)

Let us have a BIG applause for my wonderful Beta Leenix.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 5: Knowledge is power.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Malignitas woke the next morning excited, today he would get the details of his task. It would be a private meeting between him and his father in the master chamber. Malignitas always liked that chamber, it was always comfortable and warm, so unlike the Dark Lord himself. Yes, Malignitas knew that his father was a Dark Lord; his fathers Death Eaters often called him the Dark Master. Malignitas didn't mind that Voldemort went around torturing other people; you have to do what you have to do. Besides many of the useless bastards he tortured didn't deserve to live, wouldn't want them going around reproducing. Somebody had to rule and teach the lesser people some discipline and his father was an excellent teacher. Malignitas knew that everybody was afraid of Voldemort which he thought was wise of them, his father was NOT somebody to mess with. He wanted to take over the title when Voldemort was gone. As for now he was happy with his place, and if he succeeded with what father wanted him to do at Hogwarts, then he would become the Dark Lords second hand, a nice title it was indeed!

"Socius imperii" Malignitas whispered to himself. The word tasted lovely on his tongue.

Yes, he would do all he could to please his father.

"Socius imperii".

Malignitas stood in front of the chamber door and knocked three times.

"Dunk, dunk, dunk". Not hard nor weak, determined, but respectful. He waited.

"Enter". His father's harsh voice came from within the chamber.

Malignitas walked inside and closed the door behind him.

"Malignitas".

"Father".

"...".

Voldemort sat and stroked Nagini while watching Malignitas with red eyes.

Malignitas felt suddenly very uncomfortable under the stare.

"Eh...you asked me to come down here yesterday, you were supposed to enlighten me about Hogwarts".

Voldemort told him to sit down in a chair he hadn't noticed before and started to speak.

"I don't want to be interrupted, so keep your questions for later".

Malignitas tilted his head to show he understood.

"The magical boarding school of Hogwarts was my old school. All magically children living in Britain get a letter from the school when they turn 11 years of age. You didn't of course get one because nobody knows you exist.

There are four houses you are sorted into the day you arrive. They are Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. I expect you to be in the one house that is good enough, Slytherin. I was a Slytherin and am the Slytherin heir, Salazar Slytherin's blood runs in my veins.

Nevertheless, that will not be a problem I have faith in you. You will become a great Slytherin, the best one.

I'm sending you to Hogwarts under a false name. You are to be known as Malignitas F. Tudor son of William Tudor whose wife Marie Niel died while giving birth to you. You have lived in Norway the past 6 years of your life, but you and your family are originally from Britain. You have spent 3 years at the Hillmore School of Magic. It's a secret private school up in the mountains of Bergen in western Norway. Since it's a secret school, you won't be expected to answer any questions they may ask about it.

Speak as little as possible about you parents, and never give away any hints that you are in contact with the Death Eaters or me. You do know who the Dark Lord is, but you are neutral when it comes to the subject.

I don't care how you act at the school, but don't let them get suspicious about you. There are Death Eater children at the school and the staff knows, but there is little they can do about it. Most of them are Slytherins so you will have good company. However, they are not to know about you. Draco Malfoy, Lucius Malfoy's son, starts his 4th year this year. He's in Slytherin and Lucius shall tell him that you are going to come. He will be told that you come from a rich and powerful family, and that you father is close to me. He will respect you and will not tell anyone about the information he knows. He's a smart boy and knows that it will do him well not to disobey his father's orders.

I want you to befriend him and bid him good day when you see him. Don't worry you will know who he is when you see him. He's a walking mirror of his father, very loyal and wise.

The most important thing you must be aware of is the old fool Dumbledore. Albus Dumbledore is the muggle loving headmaster of the school. He can be extremely annoying and manipulating, but with your training, I will think he will have a hard time getting to you. That doesn't mean you can go around without watching your back.

Dumbledore is my enemy; he is leader of the light side, the side that kills my loyal followers. He's both powerful and popular, I admit that, so he's a threat to me and therefore I want him gone. He and his blasted birds, they are the only ones who foolhardily challenge me, and they will pay the price.

Your mission when you enter Hogwarts is to get information, information about anything you think would interest me, such things as what Dumbledore and his beloved birds talk about. His birds, the Phoenixes are a group of people who fight by Dumbledore's side against the dark, against me. I lay low now because I need to know more about them, they aren't to be underestimated. If I let them, they might very well lessen my power and army. So I will wait, patience is a blessed gift.

Dumbledore birds are a secret order, not even the pathetic fools who call themselves the Ministry know about them. The minister thinks all is so perfect and peaceful, he's so ignorant he doesn't even see my spies and followers at his precious Ministry of Magic.

Now I know for a fact that most of the teachers at Hogwarts are Phoenixes. Therefore, I want you to spy on them, and if it's possible, even get into one of their meetings.

You are of course to look out for young followers and keep an eye on the students that are completely loyal to the light. I'll keep you updated on things I want you to do for me so don't worry, I won't let you get bored.

The train leaves to Hogwarts from Kings Cross station on September the first. You won't take the train with the others, there are too many ministry guards there. They stop and question anybody looking suspicions, and I trust you don't want to wear a red robe to look less dark. They will surely stop you Malignitas, because you don't look especially innocent with your taste in clothes, and you look a lot like me, and as you know, many ministry guards know what I look like. But if you take a portkey to the gates of Hogwarts, no one will bother you. I have of course already arrange everything and the headmaster has agreed to let you use a portkey, though he thinks there are other reasons for you to use it. He will await you, so go to him when you arrive. He's an old and tall man with long white hair and beard, and the most horrible tasted in clothes. Yes truly dreadful, and those twinkling eyes of his, curse that man.

This is a letter you're going to give to him when you meet him. But don't look at it!"

Malignitas had listened to his father the whole time with keen ears and was now trying to remember it all, but it was a huge amount of information to remember all at once.

¤¤Okey, eh 4 houses, Slytherin, secret Order of Phoenixes, Albus Dumbledore, Draco Malfoy, Norway 6 years, Malignitas F. Tudor, father William Tudor, mother Marie Niel died by giving birth to me, secret school in Bergen, Hillmore School of Magic 3 years, neutral in the war, Death Eater children, get information, look for followers, no train, 1 September, portkey, letter¤¤.

"Father, how many days to the 1st of September?"

Voldemorte smiled.

"I can't tell you that, it will spoil the fun. Anything you touch can be the portkey so you had better be ready at all times. When I say ready, I mean fully dressed, with all the possessions you want to take with you. Dumbledore has been so kind as to buy all your books and clothes you'll need for you. They will be given to you when you arrive".

"This old man with horrible tasted in clothes has brought my school clothes, I'll be a walking rainbow!"

"Yes, but don't worry, he only brought you the school uniform which everybody must ware to classes".

"Oh".

¤¤Thank Lucifer, I was in hell for a minute there!¤¤

"Now go to your room and be ready when the time comes".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dumbledore's office.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dumbledore the greatest light wizard since Merlin and the only one who is a threat against Voldemort sat in his office reading a letter:

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Headmaster Albus Dumbledore.

Dear Mr. Albus Dumbledore we are to inform you that you will have a new student this year. His name is Malignitas F. Tudor, son of William Tudor and Marie Niel. Mr. Tudor has attended Hillmore School of Magic in Norway where he has lived for 6 years, but the whole family are British citizens and have lived in Britain for 8 years. Hillmore is a secret school in Bergen, Norway, so there is no need to find more about it, but we are sure there will be no problems with the change of Schools. Mr. Tudor is a 4th year, but took his OTL, or OWL, as we know them in his third year.

Mr. Tudor has given us his OWL results:

(1-6 whereas 6 is the best grade and 1 is the poorest)

DADAT (Dark arts, defence and theory): 6

Potions: 5

Martial arts: 6

Charms: 6

Transfiguration: 6

Animal care: 4

Herbology: 5

Savoir (A class where the students have to learn different ways to survive out in the free and get out of tricky situations): 6

Divination: 4

Languages: 6

As you see Mr. Tudor has taken some other classes that Hogwarts doesn't teach, but William Tudor says it will not cause any problems. He also assures us that his son will have no problems with our regular classes since he has had private torturing at home.

William Tudor and his son now live at one of the Tudor family's many mansions in Northern Britain.

However, there is a problem; Mr. Tudor cannot arrive at Hogwarts by the train, because he must attend the funeral of his grandmother Lillian Niel. Therefore, we have arranged for a portkey to bring Mr. Tudor to the gates of Hogwarts at 8 pm, I'm sure you will arrange for some one to meet Mr. Tudor there.

William Tudor has also asked me if it was possible for you or any of your staff to buy young Mr. Tudor schoolbooks and uniform, since they don't have the time to go shopping at the moment.

If you have any questions feel free to send me an owl, and I hope Mr. Tudor won't give you anymore grey hairs.

Yours Sincerely

Hogwarts governor; Lucius Malfoy.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

Albus Dumbledore smiles, fresh blood is always good.

+I hope he's an easygoing and cheerful boy, the school and world needs light in these dark times!+

The old headmaster takes the teacup up to his wrinkling mouth and sips the mint tea. The infamous twinkling eyes are empty as he thinks about the past and future.

His beloved world is going under and there is little he can do about it. This monster Voldemort, the Dark Lord, He Who Must Not Be Named, You Know How, Tom Marvollo Riddle has half of Britain under his powers. His old prime student and head boy has turned his world upside down and is slowly poisoning it. How could this happen? A cruel voice inside his head began its everlasting raving 'It's your own fault you old cow, you made him, you made him seek the darkness. You yourself created the most powerful dark lord of all times because you didn't help him, you didn't care! You should have seen he was sinking, he had no one, he was alone and scared. His own father kicked him out because of what he was, he lived all his life at an orphanage where nobody cared for him. He has never felt love Albus! He came here to you without knowledge of the magical world or friends and the first he gets to know is that Slytherins the house he has been sorted into are a house full of slimy snakes!'

+There was nothing I could do!+

'A person is not simply born evil Albus, ideas put into our heads make us do things. Tom followed the ideas in his head because nobody told him that it was wrong. Now he doesn't listen to rules anymore, he has the power to create his own rules. Now he place the dark ideas you could have erased into other human beings minds Albus!'

+It's to late now, I can only try to fight against him now. I only wished I had my Gryffindors here; James Potter, Lily Evans, Sirius Black, the Longbottoms, their all gone.+

+Only Remus Lupin is left, but he left England a year ago. And young Harry, poor child, burnt alive with his dead parents at the age of one. I wish they hadn't left me, it's so difficult to bear this burden alone.+

+The magical world has never been the same since that night, two of the most powerful light wizards killed within their own home. Betrayed and sold by one of their best friends, Peter Pettigrew. Oh yes I knew it was him, but the Ministry arrested Sirius Black believing it was him, giving him the kiss without informing me first. Peter hasn't been seen since that terrible night and is believed dead, I think Sirius got his revenge that night. But it's still worst for young Harold James Potter, such a dreadful fate. I think he would have been a prime student, kind and beautiful, just like Lily and James themselves. But fate plays a horrible game with us.+

+People are afraid for themselves and their family, if the Potters had no chance they wonder how they can have any. The darkness is swallowing the world bite by bite, my beloved world will soon be lost. But Voldemort isn't as busy ruining my world as he used to, he slowed down some years after the Potters died. This is almost what scares me the most, what is he planning, what is he waiting for? Has he lost his power? No, there are little reasons to belief that. He does this for a reason I'm sure, he isn't stupid, he knows the people have started to relax, started to believe nothing is going to happen. It's easier to forget something if you aren't reminded about it all the time. But he hasn't stopped everything either, there is still dark magic roaming all around, but only minor, so little that it's easy to forget and forgive. People know that Voldemort is out there free and safe from harm, there is still fear I see it in the peoples eyes, still ministry guards walking around on the look out. We are not stupid we know he can kill us all if he desires, but I belief most of us don't see the reality of the situation 'till death is upon us.+

+We must not forget, we must not forgive!+

Dumbledore reads over Lucius Malfoy's letter one more time, smiles and writes back:

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨ ¨

The British Ministry of Magic Minister

Cornelius Fudge.

Dear Mr. Lucius Malfoy I thank you for informing me. Mr. Tudor is of course more than welcome to join us at Hogwarts. And I'm sure he won't give me anymore grey hairs since he sounds like a prime student. Fresh blood is always pleasant to get, I bet he will be a light in these dark times. The school things and the portkey will not be any problem, I will send someone from my staff to get his school things and one to meet him. Please send him an owl from me saying he is welcome to Hogwarts and that I'm very sorry for his grandmother.

Yours Sincerely

Albus Dumbledore Headmaster at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

Dumbledore sent the letter with the waiting ministry owl. He only hoped this young Mr. Tudor was a cheerful and kind boy, he needed that light in his life now.

+In the mean time I can entertain myself with seeing the look on Severus's face when I ask him to buy books and uniforms for one of his students!+

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TBC.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sign up to rate and review this story