Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > * Earth to Bella *

Nice To know You

by lclutebark 5 reviews

She goes on, but curiosity get's the best of Pete and he strikes again, but this time he wants to know what's going on...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-24 - Updated: 2007-02-25 - 2313 words

2Exciting
a/n:Hey Dear readers!!
I'm sorry if it sucks...i'm trying to give Pete a different personality from the other story, it must just take a little time to get it right. lol
XD




Two weeks later I was still trying to find a way to bring up what happened at the club. Jason didn't seem to remember it at all, and his friends didn't seem to have noticed since they probably made no comments about it.
I was starting the day like always, doing my yoga right after I wake up, like I do for the past 2 years. Tonight we had a dinner with the people at Jason's office, it was the opening of one campaign he was promoting, I'd have to dress really nice for that so I'd have close the bakery a little earlier and make sure I was presentable.

"Good morning, sunshine!" came Jason's voice through the hall as he passed by my door dressed in his suit, his blond short hair slicked back with gel. He was so handsome; sometimes I wish we could really be husband and wife in all sense of the word but he wasn't interested, not even drunk. I've tried, I'm ashamed to admit.

He then came back and stood by the doorframe.

"So...do you know what you are going to wear?" he was so discrete, you'd never tell he was gay, or maybe it was just me that couldn't see.
Actually it was hard for me to accept the fact that the only guy I ever trusted enough to share myself with, wanted nothing to do with woman nowadays.
It really hurt, because I didn't feel comfortable enough to be with anyone else, I had tried to date when I was in college after I had broke up with Jason, but didn't work out, most of the time I'd get so nervous I'd bail even before meeting the guy. It was pretty bad, really.

That made me remember of a certain bassist player I had meet weeks before.
Random thoughts of Pete would run through my head sometimes, he was very attractive and talking to him had been great, I didn't feel shy or out of place. When talking he looked me in the eye. And I love when I can have a conversation while making eye contact, he also had sexy smile that made my legs turn to jelly.

Too bad that my wonderful husband had made an appearance, actually what was funny was that even after that Pete had been bold enough to take me to 'dance' it had felt so good having his arms around my waist, his eyes had searched for something in mine, and I had been lost in his stare...until the moment he started to question my marriage. Actually I think he was right...what kind of husband allows his wife to flirt with some random guy in a club then comes back and try to stake a claim and then goes off flirting with some random frat boy? It was odd to say in the least. This had been killing me for two freaking weeks...maybe he had lost the little card with my phone, actually I only gave it because he had insisted, and since I only had a little business card from the bakery I had no other choice, now Back to my husband's question... "Yeah, I guess I know...if I don't come to a conclusion by 4 o'clock I'll go out and see if I can find something nice. Actually what time are you coming by to pick me up?" I got up from the floor, making my way towards the closet, looking for clothes to wear to work.
"Well, what do you think we leave around 7ish? I guess I can make it home around 6 or something so we can leave around that time... kay?" he had come in my room and was at the closet's doorway.
I didn't notice him and took off my shirt, leaving myself in only a sport's bra, then when I was reaching for my shorts, I heard his whistle.
Startled I looked back as he seemed to check me out a little.
"You look good, Bella! I swear that one of these days I might fall into temptation..." he sighed and I laughed.
"Aww, really? I'll be waiting..." I pouted as he turned his back on me and went out just waving a good bye.
I've seriously thought about this before...if EVER he comes to me for sex, would I just give in? I mean...I know about his situation, but I know he had been in treatment and is very responsible about his health. After a year married he had even told Derek about it and that's why me and Derek had lost touch, he felt betrayed, saying I just agreed to make him payback for getting to Jason...I had been very upset at the time, even tried to make contact with him but he never called me anymore or got my calls. One time or another we hear from him in the newspaper as he parades around with models, singers and dancers proclaiming to be 'the ladie's prince charm' or some shit like that. At first I had thought it depressed Jason...but I knew he had moved on a little, and well Derek was doing the same, apparently.


Today I was dressed very casually, just dark jeans and black tank top, on my feet just some comfortable chucks, yeah who'd think I'd be wearing them, but I just felt like it, I had gotten ready closed up the house and made my way to the bakery that in a little nice place in town. It was about 20 minutes from our house, it was a lovely little place if I say so myself, we had been open for two weeks now and we even had regular costumers already. I was glad that we were having a good start. Most people that come here were praising our quality and that we used the original recipe from most of our stuff.

I got there and our employee Devon had already opened the shop, I had agreed with Jason that for now we only needed one employee to help me to run the place in the day time in case it got to be too much for me, of course we had an other cook since I was still learning and it'd probably be too much for me to handle on my own.
"Hey, Devon, good morning!" I smiled as I came through the doors that still had the 'closed' plaque on.
"Good morning Mrs. Lynhart" he greeted me as he pulled some chairs in their places.
"Today I woke up ready to cook up a storm!" I smiled making my way to the kitchen, seeing Louise was already there, she was a very nice old lady, and we had hit it off right in her interview, she had loved the idea that we should use the old recipes and I guess that the fact that she had some incredible recipes of her own were enough to help her get the job.
"Good morning, Louise!! How are you in this beautiful morning?" somehow I was in a great mood, probably because for once I had something to look forward tonight.
"Honey! Good morning! Somebody is in a good mood, right Devon?
Having that handsome husband must have something to do with it..."she nudged me with her shoulders as I stood by her side in the wide counter.
"Yeah, she came in singing and everything!!" said Devon as he passed by.
"Aww I'm just happy it's Friday already, you know...and we have a dinner tonight and I get to look pretty and stuff." I giggled, it was stupid but oh well.




It was around 3 o'clock when I finally could take a break, I think possibly today was just our big break. We had people lining in the register and wow, i thought I wouldn't be able to handle. Poor Devon had gotten it bad; he had been running all over the place, even Louise had to come out to help us.
Definitely we'd have to rethink our number of staff members soon, hopefully.
I sat in a stool to finally eat something since I had been running around with my stomach empty.

The door opened and a very 'dark' guy entered, he had a hoodie over his head, dark tight jeans and a mailman kind of purse.
He looked around the shop then down at his hand and approached the counter.
Devon had spoken to him and when he looked at me, I turned around, pretending to be oblivious of the exchange.
From the corners of my eyes I could see that the mysterious guy was coming towards my way, I tensed.
"May I take this seat?" he said and I froze, looking up, I could only nod.
"I...yeah of course...this is not high school, right?" I smirked as Pete sat in front of me. WTF?
"No, it's not high school...but I have to be respectful towards married ladies, especially when being in the very watchful eye of her husband's employees, right?" now it was his turn to smirk.
"yeah...true...but tell me, Pete...what brings you here?" I smiled suddenly feeling comfortable again.
"Oh yeah...well...I'm a guy that just can't hold anything to myself...
I couldn't stop thinking about you...I've tried to throw this little piece of paper away but couldn't. Actually I'm very intrigued by you...I mean...I don't even know if it's the place to discuss this...but the way we talked that day...we had clicked like I hadn't clicked with anyone in forever...and then comes dear husband and I swear...at that moment I couldn't care less..." I blushed, my eyes wide.

"You are insane...I mean...I never meant for things to happen like that...I'm married like you said...we were only talking and then we went dancing...and..." "So...you've been thinking about this as much as I've been? Something tells me I'm right..." he chuckled as Devon came by asking if we wanted anything, Pete ordered a coffee and a little muffing. We talked a bit bout random stuff since Devon had break in and I had tried to change the awkward subject, but as he played with the napkins on the table he suddenly fell silent, and then looked at me seriously.
"So...I don't know...I think I'm pretty smart...and I'm just waiting for you to tell me...what's the catch here?" he said leaning forward in the table.
"You have so much nerve to come here and insult me like this...we talked for an hour...and you feel like you know me? Like you want to discuss my marriage, or something? Seriously...do me a favor and leave, maybe it was stupid for me to think that...gah" I got up and headed for the back door that lead to the kitchen, not looking back.

I busied myself in the kitchen trying to forget what he had told me, what he wanted me to just spill my entire life story and ask him to make it all right?
So what if he had been thinking about me since that day? I don't care...that didn't give him the right to make demands.
Devon comes through the door, comes towards my way and hands me a piece of paper, I frown and he shrugged.
' Running away today won't make me less curious about you...You can count on seeing me here tomorrow...wait for me at lunch time.'
I crumpled the paper and threw it on the floor stomping on it. The audacity of that guy! Jesus, I could feel a mean headache forming, I looked at the clock.
It was around 4:20pm and maybe I could go and leave for a bit and see if I find a dress that I could wear at the dinner.
I left Devon and Louise with that promise that I'd be back in time for closing, so I hurried towards the mall.

I tried to find something that could possibly look good and maybe match my now 'not-so-good-mood', I saw a sleeveless black v-neck dress, it had flow and reached past the back of my knees, I decide to try it on and it looked awesome, I was in a department store and I couldn't imagine I'd met the asshole in there as well since big musicians hardly need to BUY clothes and stuff.
I was looking at the racks of undergarments when somebody approached me, making me yelp in surprise, I looked around and there he was, he chuckled.
"I should have guessed you'd scream." he looked down at my hands and smirked picking up a pair of black lacy panties that were in my basket, I blushed and tried to snatch it back but he wouldn't let me. We still had to exchange any kind of word, or greeting.
"Hand me those...How did you find out I'd be here?" I finally got it from his hands. "You are suck a cocky bastard!" I sighed as he looked at me grinning.
"I can't believe you are going to waste all of these on that guy...seriously are you sure he digs that??" he chuckles and I felt like tearing his head apart.
" That's none of your business! God you are so annoying how old are you? 16?" I laughed and he frowned.
"I'm 27 years old, Florah...c'mom let's get out of here..." he took my hand and led me towards the register. I paid for my things and was being escorted to the exit. Things were about to get really interesting...
Sign up to rate and review this story