Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Reikai Arc

Decisions

by Sheya 0 reviews

We all know that the book says that you can hear the voices of the dead in the veil. What if there was more to it? A Yu Yu Hakusho Harry Potter Crossover

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Fantasy, Humor, Parody - Characters: Harry, Hermione, Lupin, Ron, Sirius - Published: 2007-03-05 - Updated: 2007-03-06 - 2384 words

1Exciting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reikai Arc
~~
A Fanfiction by: Sheya
~~
Chapter 02
~~
Decisions
~~
Ron's New Weapon: Ron's Decision
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ron woke up the next day; he and Hermione had waited for Harry the night before, but Harry had asked them to wait on his explaining what happened 'til the next day. Ron looked at Harry's bed and noticed that is was empty. He was a bit miffed that Harry hadn't woken him up but since it was Sunday he wasn't too angry because he liked sleeping in. That reminded him that he still didn't know why they had come to Hogwarts a day early, he figured that Dumbledore had his reasons.

Ron got dressed and went to the common room where he found Hermione, "Hey, 'Mione. Have you seen Harry?"

"He left early, said he'd be back by lunch, but Professor Lupin asked to speak to you when you got up. He wants to speak with me after lunch."

"Wonder why?" Ron headed for the portrait door.

"Don't no," Hermione looked at Ron. "You can tell me later, after I see him."

"Well, I'll see you at lunch." Ron left the common room. As he walked to Professor Lupin's office he wondered what was up, he was worried because he thought something was up with Harry.

When he got to the office he knocked and was told to enter. As he entered he noticed both Sirius and Harry were in the room as well.

"What's going on?" Ron asked.

"Well like I said last night," Sirius indicated for Ron to sit down, "one of the reasons I was sent here was to help defeat Voldemort- what is wrong with that name?" Sirius broke off when Ron flinched.

"It's..." Ron started.

"Knowing and saying his name with out fear gives you power over him, not the other way around. Therefore knowing and using his name gives you power... So we all should just call him Tom." Sirius smiled at Ron. "Now, I was saying I have the means to unlock special abilities in certain people... it won't work on everyone. You are one of the people it will work for."

"Hermione too?" Ron asked.

"Yes" Sirius nodded, "So, now you have a choice to make..."

"What about Harry?"

"I've made my choice."

"But you're not going to tell me?"

"Not until you make yours."

"So, I'll get a special ability?"

"Yes, it works slightly differently then magic, granted it is the source of magic but most people just can't handle the source, heh, most people can't handle magic with out a wand." Sirius answered.

"I need to think about this."

"Your ability will be unique to you." Remus spoke up.

"But if Harry and Hermione have the same ability...?"

"Each person with have their own unique way of showing their ability. You might be able to copy each others moves but you will be most comfortable with your own." Sirius explained. "You will also have to find out what it is on your own."

Ran leaned back and contemplated what was being offered. "With these new abilities I would have to take a bigger role in the fight... Just like Trelawney predicted, Harry's 'allies will soon join in power.' And Harry needs my help whether he took the new ability or not." Ron nodded to himself. "I need this power whatever it is because I'll need something my enemies won't expect."

"Ok, so you know, this ability is something that the proper training could unlock, but since you won't find anyone to train you here in England we will do it the easy way. In addition, this ability will give you partial immunity to the Killing Curse. With training it could give you full immunity to the curse." Sirius held out another gem and Ron stood up and took it, as it touched his hand it blazed with an intense light and dissipated.

"Bloody Hell!! Was it supposed to do that?" Ron stared at his hand.

"Yeah. Mine did the same thing." Harry answered.

"So you did take it?"

"Yes, Hermione is next."

"So, what is your power?"

"I haven't had a chance to find out... I'll do that tonight."

"Ok," Ron looked at Remus's clock. "Hey! It's almost lunch time and I didn't have breakfast.' His stomach growled at that.

"Yes, let's go eat." Remus stood up and left the others followed.

At lunch all three students chose to talk about things other then what went on it Remus's office, Hermione was still trying to figure out why everyone came to school a day early and Ran was trying to ignore her 'cause they had been over it a hundred times. Harry looked blankly at them both and then said he didn't remember the conversation. Hermione said that until Sirius appeared at the feast Harry had paid precious little attention to anything. Harry had the decency to look embarrassed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Decisions
~~
Hermione's New Toys: Hermione's Choice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Hermione woke up the morning after the welcoming feast and Sirius's dramatic re-entrance into the living world. She got dressed and went down to the common room where she saw Harry staring at the fireplace.

"Harry? Is something wrong?" She sat down next to him.

"Not really... after Sirius came back... It's almost like something was preparing the wizarding world for his return."

"Oh! Like the Ministry finding the papers that proved his innocence?"

"Yeah... and then they did something about it."

"They... yes they had proven that Sirius was dead- I didn't know that the Department of Mysteries had recording spells to record what was happening in their offices."

"Yeah, so if he was dead- why did they bother clearing his name so quickly?"

"It was almost as if something was forcing them to."

"Yeah. Well could you give Ron a message for me?"

"Yeah."

"Tell him to go to Professor Lupin's office when he wakes up. And you come after lunch."

"What does Professor Lupin want?"

Harry shrugged. "He didn't say."

"Ok"

I'm going to get some breakfast."

"I'm not that hungry... I'll wait for Ron."

"Ok, see ya at lunch then."

Hermione was still thinking about that conversation when she sent Ron to Professor Lupin's Office. When she went to lunch she had been reminded about something that she had been wondering about since they had gotten their letters 'why go to school a day early?' She still had no answer for that but now she knew that Harry had been so out of it that he had paid not attention to her preoccupation.

When she parted with Ron and Harry to see professor Lupin she noticed that both of them seemed preoccupied with something. She, however, didn't notice Ron going outside and Harry ducking into a secret passage.

When she got to professor Lupin's office she hesitated for a second then knocked on the door. When she heard Remus bid her enter she went inside and closed the door behind herself.

"Harry, I thought you were with Ron?" She stated in surprise.

"We parted; I was asked to be here too."

"Hermione." Sirius called her attention to himself.

"Sirius... What's going on?"

"I said last night that I came back for more than one reason... not that I wouldn't've come back anyway, but my second reason for coming was because the Reikai wants Voldemort's downfall as much as the wizarding world does, possibly even more."

"Wait! What does that have to do with me?"

"By being friends with Harry you get involved with the things he does. You proved last year that not even flying on creatures that you can't see would keep you out of it. Ron did too- that is why he was given this choice before lunch." Remus supplied.

"Just for curiosities sake... why him first?"

"We flipped a coin, Ron's side won." Sirius said.

"Ahh, ok, so now... I get involved with the things Harry does so you are giving me a choice- what is this choice?"

"Koenma asked me to bring an unlocking spell to three people. I get to choose the three, but they must have what is to be unlocked. You have it, Ron has it, and Harry has it. Ron and Harry have already made their choices now you must too..." Sirius explained.

"Why me? Aren't there other who could be better then me?"

"Not really, since you are already part of Harry's group and Harry is destined to face Voldemort..." Remus trailed off.

"Since I will fight anyway I should have and 'Ace up my sleeve'?"

"Exactly." Remus nodded.

"You have a point- so what will be unlocked?"

"Something called Reiki." Sirius stated.

"Spirit Energy? Right I'll do it, my sensei said I had strong Reiki but I started at Hogwarts before I could really start learning how to use it."

"Wait!! What do you mean?" Sirius held up his hands in a slow down motion.

"When I was younger my next door neighbor was Japanese, she went to a class for self defense, and her parents, because we were friends, convinced my parents it would be a good experience for me too. Turns out it was... Do you really think I could keep up with Harry and Ron if I had spent my childhood locked up in a Library?" She smirked at the Professor, the Sprit Guide, and her best friend.

"Too true." Sirius said with snickering behind him. "Here is the unlocking spell." Sirius handed a gem to the girl.

As she took it the light again filled the room and the jewel disappeared.

"Now you have to figure out how to use it." Sirius ushered her out of the office, Harry followed her.

"I suggest we try on out own for now. Ron is already trying." Harry walked beside her.

"I take it you both choose as I did?" She asked.

"Yeah." Harry waved to Hermione and the separated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Decisions
~~
Remus's Chance: Remus's Freedom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the kids had left the room Sirius turned to Remus.

"You know, the standard for Reikai Tantei Teams is Four Tantei and one Sprit Guide. It was proven effective by a group a few years ago in Japan: The Urameshi Team.

"So you need to find another friend to give something to? But you said you only had three unlocking spells."

"I had only three unlocking spells but I also have something else." Replied Sirius.

ww

Remus's summer had probably been worse then Harry's, not just because he had lost Sirius but because the wolf had lost a packmate- again. His transformations during that summer were horrible, even with the Wolfsbane he had little to no control. He locked himself up when he transformed so he would not hurt anyone. When the first transformation had been coming he realized that the potion wasn't working.

When he lost James and Lily to death and Sirius to Azkaban and Peter to betrayal, although he at the time thought it was death, he came to the firm conclusion that a person should never feel the pain of loosing those he cared for even once, when he lost Sirius again he realized the pain was worse the second time around.

When Albus had asked him if he wanted the Defense against the Dark Arts job back he wondered if the old man had gone mad... after all Albus had been the one to break Remus's wards after the first transformation.

Albus had been the one to realize that the Wolfsbane wasn't proof against a mad with grief werewolf. He saw the damage wrought against the room and Remus himself. Now Remus began to suspect that perhaps Albus knew something about Sirius's return. After all he had known what Botan was. Remus also suspected that Albus brought him to the school to keep an eye on him.

However, Albus had been just as shocked as everyone else or at least that is what the other teachers said. Remus had passed out from shock.

Now Remus was sitting with his last best friend wondering what in the world the man was talking about.

~~

"Sirius, what are you getting at?"

Instead of answering, Sirius held up a vial of glowing red liquid and within Remus the wolf howled in delight. This is it; this is what we've been searching for- the final key to what we should have been. Remus sat in shock listening to the wolf. This is the cure- but much, much more. The only way for us to become free and One.

"Remus, are you alright?" Sirius's voice woke him from his stupor.

"Wha... What is that?" Remus found that he was shaking.

"This is an elixir that will bring the two parts of a werewolf's soul into harmony. I'm told that the human part takes precedence unless he is in mortal danger; then the wolf takes over. But I'm also told that the anger that the wolf feels gets calmed and no matter what innocents are safe from harm."

"But only innocents?"

"Well you won't go killing evil people on sight you will need to be provoked."

This is our one chance at a normal life, don't pass it up. I'm as tired of fighting you as you are of me. But as long as we are neither we cannot live together.

"But," Remus shook his head. "This is strange I've never felt the wolf this clearly before, it wants to take the elixir more then it even wanted to run with you, James, and- well- you know."

"Koenma said that that would happen. Aside from Wormtail's betrayal did anything truly bad come of the wolf wanting something like this before?"

"No- did you know that the wolf told me I was wrong suspecting you. No you probably didn't, the wolf never trusted the rat... he tolerated the rat because he was useful but he did not trust."

"Well it's your decision." Sirius placed the vial onto the desk and went to the door. "I think I want some fresh air, I'll see you later."

"Right, I need to decide on my own."

Sirius left the room and Remus stared at the vial. A few minutes later Remus caught a flash out the window... Sirius was flying and doing crazy stunts on a golden oar. He shook his head and went back to contemplating his freedom.
Sign up to rate and review this story