Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > * Earth to Bella *

Could it be any harder?

by lclutebark 6 reviews

A very odd reunion...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-03-07 - Updated: 2007-03-08 - 2688 words

1Exciting
A/N: Thanks for the wonderful reviwes! Seriously you guys rock!
XD
Anyways i'm sorry for any typos...btw I'm writing another storie but i'm not sure i'm going to post it, maybe i'll since there's not much love for Throman! hahhaha
XD



I hung my head down, for a minute I wished I could take back at least 20 years in my life just so I wouldn't have to live this particular situation I was caught in.
I sat down by her side in the bed, she cleared her throat and sighed.
"I came home today and Jason was on the phone with that other guy, Mark, I think. Jason was talking quietly and it when he noticed me he instantly changed his voice and seemed to be setting a date or something. I moved back to the kitchen and I heard him saying that he'd make something up, that really got my attention and I started to keep my eyes and ears open after that." She looked at me and I could tell she was truly disappointed and right now talking about it was the best she could do.

" After that he went upstairs, I followed by kept quiet as I watched him opening the door of this room, I think he wanted o check and see if you were here or something, then he went to his room and I went downstairs to wait to see how things would play out. Turned out that 20 minutes later he went downstairs and rushed told me he was going out for a drink and would be back in a few and then slammed the door, like he never did before." Tears started making it's way down her face and I felt bad for her.

"I came up to this room and well, I started roaming around, seeing the stuff pictures of you and that Pete guy, and pics of you mark and Jason together. It made me wonder. There was these cards from Pete, of places he's been and that he missed you...besides your clothes are all here! I realized that this is your room. I opened the first drawer and saw this diary I couldn't help it, It was like I had found the answers that I needed, and I was right. I skipped the over of personal stuff, but I couldn't get past the day you wrote about finding out that Jason was having a relationship with Derek, that's when I started to think of way back when you guys broke up and that same summer Jason brought his 'best friend' home. I just can't believe how naïve I was." she wiped away more tears.

"The way you describe the day my son came back to you and begged for you to marry him, I couldn't read anymore, I broke down then, I can't believe my son...is ... I just can't believe my son is sick!" I held her as she broke down again, sobbing as she rested her head in my shoulder, I couldn't stop myself and cried too. Finally there was someone that cared that could share this pain with me and it was only too bad it had to be his mom.

"I had no choice, Marcy. He was in misery, he needed help and he has always been special for me, even when we were only friends back in day. I couldn't leave him at that time. Besides I needed a new start, I knew I had no future in that town, I mean...he promised me he'd help me and I didn't think it'd be a bad idea to trade my heart for his well being. He was scared of your reaction and he needed a good reason to move out of the town, he knew you'd question why not marry me and he knew that it'd be a big questioning moving here by himself, living alone, never getting married and being alone in a new, strange place."

"Every parent has a bigger plan for their kids, Florah. I'm sure your parents would agree with me. I know you don't like me that much, especially right now, but I'm sure you understand what I feel right now. My son, will never give me grandkids, probably he will never have a stable relationship and well he is either going to live his life depending on medication or is just going to die a young age If the virus develop. I'm a mother but I'm realistic. I read about how you met that Pete guy and how Jason insisted that you should, uh...hook up? Yeah, that's the word you use. I know Mark is his current 'fling' and that before him there were a number of other guys. I feel ashamed I ever gave my son the notion that he had to lie to me this way. I feel betrayed, I feel like I failed as a mom, and the way he slapped you the other day when he was on the wrong, oh my god! This is all too much!" she looked out the window, now she was less emotional and the way her voice now sounded cold, made me feel very afraid of what she'd do.

"Were you out with Pete tonight?" she looked at me, I looked down and nodded.
"I was, we had lunch together because I needed to make sure he didn't hate my guts." She laughed.
"He should hate my guts, Florah. I threw cold water at you...while you..."she looked at me and blushed placing her hand on her mouth.
"Oh my...that's so embarrassing" she smirked, making me blush.
" You know, Florah. What you did, marrying my son was completely stupid, but it was a noble thing. Even with all your reasons I know that you'd do it no matter what, because that's the kind of person you are, you are loyal and that's a very especial trait."
"I guess, but I feel like it's backfiring now...I mean...this is over, I'll probably go back home and go back to the teaching and then I'll lose Pete too." I sighed, feeling sad all over again.
"Honey! This guy is in love with you...even I can tell and you are in love with him as well, this is why I was so mad when I saw you guys, I saw you too kissing and that was like you were cheating on your husband because your heart was somewhere else, to me my son didn't deserve that and now I wish you and Pete can still be together when it's all over...and about you going back home, I'll make sure Jason leaves the bakery in your hands when you divorce, that place it's being well run by you, there was a bunch of costumers asking about you today." She smiled and suddenly got up from the bed.
I followed her with my eyes as she made her way to drawers where there was a photo of me kissing Pete's cheek and Mark kissing Jason's.
She shook her head.
"Tell me how could I never notice this, Florah? What gets to me is that this Mark guy seems to really like him in this picture, what do you think?"
I giggled and nodded my head. "Mark is totally in love with Jason, he is a total sweet heart and he takes good care of Jason, don't worry." I smiled as I got up and reached her, pulling her in a hug that both of us needed.
"Okay, I'll believe in you. I'll stay here for a while and well I won't say anything right now...I guess I'll wait until Jason decides to tell me about all of this himself, so please just keep quiet about it, okay?" I nodded and hugged me one more time and making her way out of the room, shutting the door quietly behind her.

Suddenly I felt like the weight of the world that hung from my shoulders had been lifted!
I started to cry of happiness falling on my knees I thanked God for placing things in the right way finally.
In a burst of energy I decide to call Pete, to my surprise he was awake and we had a 2 hour phone conversation, he had been fearful of what might happen to Jason, or if maybe he thought I had been the one to tell him mom, I had shrugged it off, Jason wouldn't be stupid to think I'd just sell him out like that.
Then we had giggled about things that had went down in the studio and things the guys had only told him about what they thought of me.
"they love you...ha-ha especially Patrick, he says that you are calm and you are not noise and shitty like my previous hookups." He had laughed when I gasped at the 'hookup' part.
"Oh so I'm just another hookup?" I challenged.
"Naw, you are just the one I'm screwing. That's different!" he laughed.
"You are just so fucking mean! I don't want to talk to you...and now that I'm a soon to be divorcee I can choose another man to do that...actually I can find a man with bigger stuff." I laughed and he feigned hurt.
"Oh yeah? Well even bigger he won't know how to make you feel the things I do..." he yawned.
"Oh I can show him." I said being contaminated and yawing myself.
"Oh really? Now that I had the trouble to show you how you like it?" he smirked and I gasped at his petulance.
"I'm sleepy Pete, I'd love to say a witty reply but my brain won't work properly right now...can I get back to you tomorrow?" I yawed again, my eyes dropping practically.
"No...maybe, let's see tomorrow then, okay! Don't forget I adore you. Goodnight!"
" Goodnight and ...I love you!" I hung up quickly and smiled.
The phone started ringing and I giggled, it was him what would I say??
"How can you just say that and hung up?" he scolded me.
"I just felt like shocking you..." I giggled.
"You succeeded baby! I'm all shocked.!" He giggled.
"Say it again?" he breathed. "I love you, Pete." I breathed out the sleep was too much and I was dropping my head now, my limbs starting to get heavy.
"Goodnight, my love." He said as well, I smiled sleepily and clicked the phone shut as I heard the dial tone as he ended his side of the conversation as well.
That was the best night's sleep I had in a while. That's for sure.





Three days later things were going normal, Jason had noticed that I was friendlier with Marcy but never mentioned anything about it, and I was glad.
That morning Marcy had asked me to invite Pete over for dinner so she could meet him, as my boyfriend but how we'd do that with Jason home?
She told me to invite Mark as well and make them dance their dance.
Pete was aware of what was about to go down and he was excited to see how things would turn out, he would be the last to arrive because we'd make Jason open the door and see if he was going to put on a show.

It seemed like 7 o'clock would never come and when it finally did I was ready, wearing a cute black dress and pumps on my feet. Jason wore jeans and a polo lime green shirt, matching with his sparkling eyes.

The dinner table was ready, Marcy had cooked a fantastic meal and I couldn't wait for it.

We sat down around the table and the doorbell rang, startling Jason
"Can you go get it babes?" I said as I helped some food on my plate, he only nodded.

"I've been invited Jason, do you think I'd be here if I wasn't??" we could hear Mark saying from the entryway, making us giggle.
"Hello ladies, goodnight." He said sitting my Marcy's side.
"hello Mark! Where's your boyfriend?" Marcy asked and Jason almost choked on his spit as he sat down again.
"Well, we broke up...after what happened, I don't blame Florah for it because I know she is so irresistible and he wasn't a convict gay like myself, he just liked to have fun..." he stuttered looking down at his empty plate.
"Oh I guess I understand, we even had a place for him in the table." Marcy said and Jason gave her a look.
"Really, mom?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.
"yeah...I guess Mark is right, Florah is like honey to the real bees." She giggled.
Before Jason could ask anything there was the door again and he got up throwing his napkin on top of the table.

"What in the hell are you doing here?" I heard from the living room and sighed, he was acting, oh hell.
"Good night ladies...and Mark." Pete came through the door, hands inside his pockets; a black dress shirt tucked into his pants, not girl pants just regular jeans for once.
"Can anyone explain to me why Pete is here, and why both were invited??"
He said a little suspicious.
"It's nothing, just bringing your friends for dinner, right Jason? Actually you forgot to do the right introductions, care to explain to me why that is?" Marcy got up and placed both hands on the table. I gulped, this was the dreaded moment.

"What are you talking about?" he spit out getting up as well.
"Why didn't you say...mom this is Peter, my wife's boyfriend...and this right here is MY OWN boyfriend Mark!" she shouted hitting her right hand on the table. Oh oh, Jason's eyes turned to me, he was looking to see if I had betrayed him.
"No, don't look at Florah, Jason! It's all your own mistakes that lead me to be suspicious about everything. But I found out about her room that she keeps and pictures of you guys in there in frames but I found something Jason that told me more than anything you could ever tell me. I found her diary, and in there she even tells the day you took her purity in the back sit of your father's car, but that was nothing compared to the revelation that this marriage is nothing but a cover up story to the drama that is your life. A 23 year old, hiv positive homosexual. I could have chosen my words more carefully but right now mom is really, really disappointed in that little boy she raised"

Jason sat down, his hands covering his face, Pete held me as we all waited for whatever he had to say, Mark had tears glistening in his eyes as he got up as well and put his hands on Jason's shoulders.

"It was not supposed to be this way! I'm the one that has to live with the fact that I'm sick and the fact that I'm not the son you want! I'm aware of all that, that's exactly why I made this façade, to make you proud." He shouted hitting his hand on the table as well.
"And you dragged Florah along with you?? Do you think she is happy living this lie? How could you be so cruel to slap her when I told her, and she was being accused of being unfaithful? I...this is too much for me Jason, tomorrow I'm going back home and I want you to fix this mess, divorce her and let her keep the bakery since until this moment you were only thinking about yourself right now it's a good time to start thinking about her as well."
With that Marcy stormed out of the kitchen leaving a very broken Jason sitting on the kitchen table to be supported by an almost equally broken Mark.
I whispered an 'I'm sorry' and left the scene taking Pete along with me away from that.
What was going to happen next? I had no idea.
Sign up to rate and review this story