Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > He Tastes Like You, Only Sweeter.

Elevators Make Great Matchmakers. [chapter two]

by dear_jamie 1 review

Tegan flashes back on her relationship with Alex. When paragraphs are in italics, it's a flashback. :D

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-03-08 - Updated: 2007-03-09 - 1319 words

0Unrated
Dear Listener,


Alex had been one of my close friends since fifth grade. Back then, he was popular. All the girls loved him. But popularity in fifth grade doesn't really count, does it? When I entered junior high, everything changed. Everyone was in a bigger school and all the girls in the seventh grade had a thing for the older boys. Me and Carley were Alex's only true friends in seventh through twelve grade. Alex's parents had a lot of money. Rich kid equals fake friends. These friends eventually disappeared and only me and Carley were left. Alex was about six feet tall. He was very skinny. He had dark brown hair and green eyes. I had the biggest crush on him all through grade school. But that ended after graduation.

I planned to go to the mall with him. "I'll pick you up at like, 3. Do you mind if I bring a friend?", Alex took his keys off his belt loop. "No, duh." I laughed and hugged him as I got into my car.

I started getting ready at one. It always took me at least two hours to get ready, even if I was only going to the mall. When it came time for Alex to pick me up, I just finished putting mascara on. The doorbell rang and I ran downstairs to answer it. When I opened the door Alex was standing there, he wasn't alone. Next to him was one of the most beautiful girls you had ever seen. She was blonde, tall, and super skinny. I looked them up and down, their fingers were laced. I faked a smile, even though I were about to break down. "C'mon in." I offered them a drink of water and said that it was only going to be another 3 minutes before I was ready. I ran upstairs and into my bathroom. All I had to do was straighten my bangs. As the straightener heated up, a salty tear ran down my cheek. I quickly wiped it off. "No, Alex is my best friend. He never liked me." I started to pace around my tiny bathroom. I went to pivit around and slipped on some water that got on the floor during my shower. I fell straight on my ass. "Ahhhh. God damnit." I moaned in pain. I expected my best friend to run up the stairs and see if I was okay, nothing. When I got myself together, I walked down the stairs. What's the point in running?

"Alri-" I stopped mid-sentece as I looked over to the couch. I couldn't believe what I was wittnessing. This chick was on top of Alex with her tongue down his throat and his hands up her shirt. She let out a moan. "What the fuck are you guys doing?" I stood there in disbelief. What if my parents came in? The girl quickly jumped off of Alex's lap and wiped her mouth. Alex got up and walked to the car. He didn't even look at me. What a dick.

The girl followed him to his car and got in the passengers seat. "Hello third wheel, my name is Tegan."


I never looked at him the same after that. I never had a thing for him after that. I was now 21. I hadn't thought about being with him since I graduated. Which was good, if He ever found out I felt something for Alex, He'd kill us both.

A few hours passed and I decided to get ready for dinner with my friends. It was 6:30, and I was done. What ever happened to rushing? I plopped down on my couch. "FUCK." I cursed. My hand went to my bottom, a wood plank was practically sticking out of my couch. Note to self: Get a new god damn couch. I turned the television on. Rocko's Modern Life? I think so. After a few minutes I found myself drifting.

I heard a knock at the door and jumped to my feet. I had a black dress on, my hair was up, and I actually flipped my septum piercing up, for once. My high heels were killing me, but they looked amazing. I jogged to the door. As I opened it, I noticed Alex didn't have anyone with him. Weird, he was always kind of a whore. I invited them in. Dane and Carley sat on the couch, Alex on the loveseat. I poured three glasses of wine, Alex didn't drink. I took a seat next to Alex. It was never awkward around him, why was it now?

Alex, Dane, Carley, and myself talked for about twenty minutes. "Let's goooo. I'm starving." Dane moaned and rubbed his stomach. "One second. I have to use the bathroom." I made a blank face and got up. "I'll come with you." Carley got up and headed for the stairs. "Is this a date?" I thought out loud. I didn't think I said it loud enough for Carley to hear. But, of course, she did. She hears everything. She grabbed my arm, "You know he likes you, right?" I coughed. "Excuse me? I didn't." I laughed and headed down the hall. Apparently Alex set this whole dinner thing up. Just because he wanted to get me out. He thought it was good for me to see new people. Even if Alex knew He had just about ruined my chances of ever having a serious relationship again.

I slid into the back seat of Carley's car. Alex sat next to me. And of course, Dane and Carley were in the front. Alex inched closer. I wasn't ready for him to try anything. I shot a glance at him that screamed "Please don't." He looked at me and quickly turned his head to the front.


We got closer to the restaurant. Carley always parked about a mile away from the place you were going. I was used to it, but seriously, I had three inch heels on. The restaurant was in the city, so everyone was wide awake and partying. Me and Alex walked behind Carley and Dane. I had eased down a bit since the car ride. It wasn't awkward at all anymore, thank god. It felt weird to know that Alex finally liked me. I had a crush on him forever. And NOW he's starting to like me? Whatever, it's as good as nothing. Maybe something would come of tonight.

I accidently hit his hand with mine. This was so cute. After a few seconds he took my hand and laced his fingers with mine. I was always a sucker for holding hands, I couldn't help it. For once, I was glad Carley parked far away. We reached the restaurant, and again, for once, I was dressed properly. I never dress up for anything.

The restaurant was very nice. I felt classy, with my dress, and my hair up in a clip. I wondered why Carley and Dane and Alex would want to go somewhere like this, when they could have easily gone out for pizza.

Once we reached the door, I realized the line was about 20 people long, good, this gave me more time to hold hands with Alex. I didn't understand why I was letting Alex in so fast, maybe it was just time. I knew he wasn't going to hurt me.

"I have to go to the bathroom aagin." Carley laughed. I sware her bladder was the size of a pea. "I think I'm just going to stay here, Car." I looked at Alex, who was blushing and grinning. "Okay." Carley kissed Dane and walked towards the sign labeled "restrooms". Dane walked closer to you and Alex. "Something really important is happening tongith guys." Alex squeezed my hand, not too tight though. "Like what?" My eyes widened as Dane told us his plan.

He was going to ask Carley to marry him.

love,
Tegan
Sign up to rate and review this story