Categories > Original > Humor > Five Minute Soap Dish

Week 11

by johmichaels 0 reviews

Kelly, Gia, and Nick have lunch, and discuss what to do with Steve.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-03-10 - Updated: 2007-03-10 - 992 words - Complete

0Unrated
Week 11

"So that's one beef ravioli with caffe latte, one penne napoli with cappuccino, and one spaghetti with tomato sauce, children's size," the waitress, then looked at Nick, "Are you sure you don't want anything else?"
"I'm sure," Nick said.
"Well, I'll be back soon with your drinks," the waitress said and moved off quickly.
"Aren't you hungry?" Gia asked.
"Of course I am. But when you work in my line of work and pay rent, you have to learn to budget where you can, in this case on food."
"If you want, I could pay half of your food for you. You can pay me back when you have money," Kelly suggested.
"First of all, I'm not going to have money-ever. This situation I'm in is going to stay just so until the day I die. And second of all-a woman paying for my meal? As soon as you suggested that, my penis shrivelled, just a little."
Kelly's eyes lit up, "I knew I could do that to other guys, but never suspected I could have the same effect on you."
"Seriously, don't worry. I'll probably be overfed at work tonight, so it'll balance out."
"You're doing two shifts today?" Gia said, wide eyed.
"I'm poor, okay? Study hard girl, for if you fail I am you in the future."
"Well, in the future I better get a haircut."
Nick struck out his finger, pointing at Gia in annoyance, "Just you watch it, girl. That was too low. No one insults the hair."
Gia smiled, and the three sat in silence, before Kelly piped up.
"So, about you leaving the radio show..."
"Yes, I've thought it over, and-" Gia began.
"You're not going," Nick finished.
"Definitely not," Kelly said, "We won't let you."
"You can't stop me!" Gia protested.
"Yes she can. She learnt some skills from no. 12."
"Into BDSM and a former boy scout. I know all the knots, how to do them, and which cause pain and which cause pleasure," Kelly explained, "And Nick is, after all, a ninja."
"Indeed," Nick said, bowing a little.
"So, I think it's clear that if we want you to stay, then stay you will," Kelly said, "So let's stop all talk about it."
"Don't you want to know what I was going to say?"
"No," Kelly answered.
"Not really. We've already made our decision. You stay and Steve gets used to it."
Gia smile slightly, "Won't Steve get annoyed at this?"
"Oh, he'll come around," Kelly explained, "It's amazing what suspending a man from the ceiling via a reef knot around his testes will do to his demeanour."
"Oooh!" Nick said, excited, "You've only done that once. And that's how Kelly became a woman."
"Fuck off," Kelly said, putting her hand in front of Nick's face to show his disinterest.
They sat in silence for a short time longer, before Gia piped up, "I was going to say I decided to-"
"Ah!" Nick shouted out, cutting her off, "We've finished that conversation."
"Let her go, Nick."
"Thanks, Kelly," Gia said, before finishing, "I've decided to stay. But I'll need a favour."
"What?" Kelly asked.
"Not from you. From Nick."
"What have I done wrong?"
Gia pointed directly at Nick's nose, "You've always been hanging out with Steve after the show, even when, like the last time, he wanted to go somewhere you didn't."
"So?"
"So, it's like a gender clique has formed in this station. Girls on one side, boys on the other," Gia explained, "It feels like two people don't want me here, instead of just one."
"First of all, that's ridiculous," Nick argued back, "I'm having lunch with two girls now."
"Second of all, he's very much a girly boy," Kelly added.
"Fuck off," Nick said, before continuing, "And secondly you know I want you to stay. I just told you."
Gia put her head in her hand, massaging her eyes gently, "I know it's ridiculous, and I know you want me to stay, but we never see each other outside of the recording session, so it feels like you want me out, or at least, you're on Steve's side more than mine."
"Well, he is the mother of Steve's child," Kelly said.
"Kelly," Nick said to he, a hint of desperation in his voice, "Why do I know you?"
"Because I'm the only person you know who endures your negativity without taking advantage of it?"
Nick didn't answer it, instead looking at Gia, "Okay, it's a deal. I'll start hanging out with you more, if not right after the next show. Okay?"
"No, not okay."
Nick groaned, "Oh what now?"
"Not much, but I'm busy this week. Mark's taking me out," Gia explained.
"Oh yes, mystery Mark, the man without an occupation, surname, or anything bar a first name and a pretty face," Nick said.
"I've met him," Kelly said.
"Oh really. And what can you add to the picture I've presented of him?" Nick asked.
"It's an exceptionally good looking face."
"As I was saying-" Gia said, raising her voice slightly, "I won't be able to this time, but maybe another night, okay?"
"Oh, I'm sure we'll hang out on one of the days where I'm not working one of my three jobs," Nick said, the tone of sarcasm only slightly in his voice, indicating some degree of truth.
"Thanks."
"That is of course as long as Mysterious, but definitely attractive Mark doesn't turn out to be Mysterious, definitely attractive, and slightly homicidal Mark, and we find you under the floorboards six months later."
"You haven't even met him!" Gia hissed through clenched teeth.
"Neither, apparently, have you!" Nick hissed back, "And frankly, you are very floor-board-able."
Gia groaned, cupping her head in her hands. She felt a reassuring rub on her back, but this was soon joined by Kelly saying:
"And you want to hang out more with this guy! What the hell is wrong with you?"
Sign up to rate and review this story