Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Divide and Conquer

My Hero

by story_master 2 reviews

Ice is back with a vengeance and an evil plan that is sure to take down Delilah and Julius. She wants revenge for all the times that those two have taken her down, and this time she knows exactly h...

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2007-03-16 - Updated: 2007-03-16 - 1957 words

2Exciting
Tory: Hey there! I'm not dead! lol. Sorry for not updating in like forever. But here's the next one. So I'll let you get right to it and talk... er... type at the end. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I don't own the show, just my stories and any OC I happen to make up.:D

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My Hero

Julius lifted his head and looked at Al.

" Where was she?" he asked, he voice was low and showed no emotion.

" The signal came from the arctic. Why man?" Al replied, while clicking various buttons on his laptop.

Julius didn't answer. He just got up and raced out the room. He ran into Scarlett along the way.

" Did you find out the what was the poison?" he asked her.

" Not specifically. All I could find out was that it slows the body's functions down and slowly the victim dies." Scarlett said, her voice a little sad, she was already told about Delilah.

" Is there an antidote you can make?" Julius asked.

" No sugar. I'm afraid that there isn't any known antidote." she replied.

" But, then... what did Ice inject me with?" he asked, more to himself than anything.

" I'm not sure. It wasn't any known substance." Scarlett answered.

Julius took off. He was going to find Delilah. He was going to save her. No matter what it took.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The previous night...

Ice's van had pulled into the airport around eight and the plane had taken off around eight thirty. It really paid to have a private plan. Especially when you were carrying an unconscious spy and heading to the barren north.

The plane landed sometime after dark. It screeched to a stop on the somewhat ice covered runway. Three snow mobiles were waiting for them when they got off. It took nearly two hours to reach Ice's current hideout. Ursula and Emmet argued the whole way there about who should be driving their snow mobile. Of course Ursula won that arguement but Emmet was persistant.

Danny had been given the task of transporting his sister's body, while Ice had her own snow mobile. They just left the vehicles out in the oncoming snow storm and headed inside.

The hideout was well hidden in the side of a large mountain so it would be very difficult for Julius to find them. Ice knew that he was going to come. He wouldn't just leave his partner for death. That's why she had thrown Deliah's blackberry out in the snow. She had to make sure that Julius came.

Once inside Delilah was tied up and left in a room by herself. It wasn't time to wake her up yet.

" Ice, is this really necessary?" Danny asked, referring to her somewhat insane plan.

" Necessary? Do you know what those two have put me through?! Of course it's necessary!" Ice replied, quite irritated at this question.

" But does it have to end-" Danny was cut off.

" Just go guard her." Ice ordered through clenched teeth.

Danny muttered something inaudible under his breath and headed to where Delilah was being held.

" You're actually going to trust him?" Ursula asked, a disbelieving look on her face.

" No. That's why you two are going to watch him. And make sure that you don't get caught." Ice replied.

Ursula and Emmet both muttered a 'whatever' and left the room. They snuck over to the room where Delilah was but were shocked to find that Danny wasn't there.

" If you're going to sneak up and spy on someone make sure that you don't make any noise before hand." he said from behind them, causing the two to jump.

" You! Why aren't you guarding Delilah?" Ursula demanded.

" I am. But I just needed to ask Ice one more thing. By the way she wanted to see you two. She forgot to tell you something." Danny said, completely lying through his teeth, not that the two noticed.

" What did she want?" Emmet asked.

" She didn't tell me. She just said to send you two back. She had some task for you to do or something. That's all she'd tell me. It sounded pretty urgent. You might want to hurry." Danny replied.

The two hurried off, not wanting to know what would happen if they were to enrage Ice. She'd probably turn them into the academy.

" But then again, I could just be making that up." Danny snickered as he walked over to the door.

He opened it up and walked over to Delilah's body. He pulled a needle out of his jacket and injected the blue liquid into her. She stirred in her sleepy state and slowly opened her eyes.

" Danny?" she asked, her voice low and cracking.

" Delilah. You have to get out of here. Take make jacket and get as far away from here as possible." Danny said, helping Delilah to her feet.

She pulled away from him and eyed him suspiciously.

" Trust me." he said, holding his jacket out for her.

" Why should I?" Delilah asked, thinking back to the warehouse.

" Because I'm the only way that you'll get out of here alive." Danny said.

" What?" she was lost, which was unlike Delilah.

" Look I'll explain later. Julius will be waiting for you. Go." he urged.

" How do you know that Julius will be waiting for me?" she demanded, not moving an inch.

" He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to leave you at Ice's mercy." Danny replied.

Delilah seemed to think his words over in her mind. But both of them looked to the door when they heard footsteps approaching. Danny pushed Delilah out of the room.

" Go now. I'll handle them." he whispered.

Delilah smiled and said a silent thank you as she took the jacket and silently ran down the corridor. Danny went back into the room and tied his arms up in front of him. Then he slid his feet between his arms and slid them up his back. He had to admit that he did a pretty nice job of making it look like someone had tied him up. Then, closing the door with his arm, he slid down the wall and made it look like he was knocked unconscious.

The two traitor's opened the door and found him, almost as soon as he hit the ground.

" What the.... what happened?!" Ursula demanded.

Danny didn't reply. He was supposed to be 'unconscious' after all.

Emmet untied him and shook him.

" Wha... Stop her!" Danny shout, suddenly 'awake'.

" What happened? Where's Delilah?" Ursula asked.

" I don't know.... it all happened so fast. I came in to check on her and next thing I know I'm tied up and she took off." Danny lied, but he was doing a pretty good job of it.

" We'd better tell Ice." Emmet said as he headed for the door.

" I can't let you do that." Danny said, a smirk on his face.

" What do you mean?" Ursula asked, turning just in time to be knocked out.

Emmet looked to Ursula's body then to Danny. But, before he could react, Danny had him in a sleep hold and he dropped to the ground. Danny tied them both up and out them in the corner. He wasn't going to betray Delilah. Not again.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Delilah raced out into the cold, the door of the hideout slamming against the wall because of the wind. She was nearly knocked off balance by the force.

" Prefect." she muttered, pulling the hood up on the parka Danny had given her.

Even though it was morning the sun didn't shine. The arctic had incredibly long nights and short days.

She started off into the snow storm but tripped over something a few yards away from the hideout. She looked back and saw a ski. Curious, she stood up and found it to be a snow mobile.

" Now this should make it easier." she thought aloud.

Sitting on the vehicle, she found a pair of driving gloves and a pair of googles. She slid them on and started the snow mobile. If it hadn't been for the snow blowing mercilessly around, she might've noticed that the gas gauge was almost on empty.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Danny ran through the corridors, trying to figure out where Delilah might've gone. Then he felt a cold breeze send shivers down his back. 'Oh no.' he thought as he raced around a corner.

He found a door open and faintly heard the engine of a snow mobile. 'No. She wasn't supposed to go out in the storm!' Danny though, fear for his sister's life overtaking his actions. Without thinking Danny grabbed a jacket that was on a hook near the door and raced out into the storm after her. Why wasn't anything he planned going right? He hadn't counted on Delilah being this determined.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Delilah was trudged through the knee high drifts of snow. The snow mobile had run out of gas and she was left at the mercy of winter's rage. She heard the roar of another engine somewhere around her.

" Ice must've sent someone after me." she thought aloud as she tried to run.

It was that much harder to run through this snow because not only was it get deeper by the second but she was still a little drousy from whatever it was Danny injected her with. But she couldn't slow down. Not with someone chasing after her.

Delilah could hardly see her hand in front of her face, so she wasn't really sure where she was heading too. For all she knew she could've been going in circles. But that wouldn't stop her. Though, tripping in the snow and having little strength to pick herself up again did.

She struggled to push herself up but the unforgiving winds and the icey snow forbade her from doing so. She heard the engine of something coming closer and closer. ' This is it. This is the end.' she thought hopelessly.

" Delilah?" the familiar voice rang out, slightly muffled by the roar of the wind.

' That voice? Danny?' she thought, struggling to see through the sheets of snow.

" Delilah?" the voice called again.

' Over here! I'm right here!' she wanted to scream. Lights came into view as the calling grew louder.

" Delilah, where are you?"

But the light suddenly stopped a yard or so from her. She could hear footsteps crunch across the snow and rush towards her. She felt herself being picked up and carried away.

" Delilah? Can you hear me? Delilah?" the voice called to her as her savior carried her.

" Hmmmm?" Delilah mumbled, her weariness starting to get the better of her.

" Come on. We have to get out of this storm." with that the engine roared and the two flew over the snow drifts as if they were nothing.

It was far to dark to see who her savior was, but she knew who it was. The snow mobile pulled up to a small cave, a light flickered from inside it. Delilah was lifted up again and carried towards the warmth and light of the cave. She was set down near the small blazing fire and tried to warm herself.

" Thanks." she said.

" I'd never leave you behind Delilah." he replied, flashing his trademark smile that made her melt inside.

' My hero... Julius Chevalier.' she thought with a smile as she rubbed her hands together for warmth.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

A/N: Well there's that. I bet you were all expecting it to be Danny who saved her huh? Or maybe not. There's still a few more chapters left to go. How many? I hae no clue yet. Well send a review my way and let me know what you think. Sorry for not updating sooner. Cheers!;D
Sign up to rate and review this story