Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > * Earth to Bella *

I know that goodbye's means nothing at all.

by lclutebark 8 reviews

Losing someone is really painful but it's better when you have someone to help you stand up again.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-03-16 - Updated: 2007-03-17 - 2098 words

1Moving
A/N: Guyssss!! Thank you SOOOOO much for the kind reviews, i get all warm and fuzzy inside when i read them.
THANKS!




We arrived at the airport it was still kinda dark out side, we were getting the first plane to my hometown and I didn't want to miss the lunch time visit, I really wanted to see my dad and seeing that it was Saturday, most people had the free time to visit him, actually I didn't even know if he was in conditions to receive visits and that worried me.
"Pete...if my father doesn't pull through I'm gonna leave everything and go back home to be with my mom..." I whispered, totally out of blue as we sat in the awaiting area for our flight to be announced.
"baby! I'm sure your old man is strong enough to make it through. I mean...if he is as strong as his little girl, I bet he will be just fine." He gave me a small smile and I smiled back, resting my head in his shoulder.
Truth was that I was going insane on the inside, I had woken up several times during the night to try calling Jason, and because I was sure things would be awkward if he didn't show up, especially since our own parents were best friends even before we were born.
"You know...there's something else bothering you...wanna share with me?" he kissed my forehead squeezing my shoulders in a loving manner.
"Ah Pete...poor Marcy...you know...I've tried calling Jason so many times...what if his father suspects something? What will I say?" I closed my eyes breathing deeply.
"Everything will work out just fine, okay? Just relax and it will be alright."
Just then our flight was called and we got up moving towards the gate.


Some hours later, Pete woke me up with a sweet kiss in my forehead as we landed, I could feel my heart beating faster as we made our way out of the plane and then out of the airport.
"We should get a taxi cab!" I said trying to hold some of my luggage, the ones that Pete couldn't get, seeing that he had 2 other already plus his own.

The ride seemed to never end on the way to the hospital, my heart seemed to be up in my throat and it was driving me insane, I was glad Pete was there holding my hand assuring me that I was not alone.
When we finally arrived, Pete was a gentleman and paid for the taxi fare as I struggled to get the luggage's out of the car.

Entering the building I was informed that my father was at intensive care and that my mom and some close relatives were there as well, Pete asked again if I wanted to be alone for this and I just shook my head, not really sure if I tried to say something I'd break down. I felt like I was hanging by a thread emotionally, just so you know I had made a last attempt on reaching Jason, but yet again I had failed.

"Florah Bella!" I heard my name being said out loud by that infamous warm Italian accent, I felt my throat tightening. It was my momma.
I let my luggages on the floor and run to her, like a little girl I let her wrap her arms around me and I felt so protected, maybe I was being so selfish that I didn't even think of asking or calling to see how she was holding up.
"Momma, how are you? I'm so sorry for not calling, I just got so lost when aunty called that I just didn't even think of it..." I cried in her shoulder, not able to hold back any longer.
"Oh baby...I'm so scared. Your father just fell down on the floor right after lunch and I've been in this hospital for hours, sometimes just crying other times I can see different moments we've been through playing in my head. The doctors are not being much help either...they just about assured that this is about time that the bad news's will come. I can't lose him, Bella." Now we were both crying hysterically, I guess I should blame that on the Italian blood.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder, it was Pete, I could see sympathy in his eyes, his hand caressing my back.
"Mom, I want you to meet Peter, my best friend." I said as I pulled out of my mom's embrace, she looked at him up and down briefly then held a hand out for him to shake, when he took it she pulled him into a hug, and I thought he would feel awkward but he put both his arms around her shoulders, inside I was giddy for a moment.
"I'm so sorry Mrs Parlatore!" he whispered, she pulled back and smiled faintly.
"It's Rose, my dear. How come I've never heard of you before..." she was saying when suddenly we heard voices coming from the elevator.
I cringed, yeah...you got it right...Marcy alert.

"Florah? Peter? But where in the hell is my son?" she said a little loud for my comfort.
"I...we should talk about this in other room or another time, Marcy." I said eying her pointedly.
"Well...I just hope you didn't let him home just to bring him..." she whispered as she walked by me towards my mom, I looked at Pete as he hung his head down, I patted his arm and nodded towards the sit room.
"What is she thinking screaming at me like that?" I whispered as we sat side by side, my mom in the other side talking to Marcy. I was glad Jason's father was not here because he was such a pain in the ass.
"Yeah, but she must be scared that you are going to blow Jason's cover..." he shrugged.


It was an hour later when I finally could get in and see my dad, he was so pale, his hair was a mess and I felt the need to stroke It back, I knew how he loves to look presentable, he'd have another stroke if he knew that people saw him like this, now that wasn't a good joke, even if no one heard it but me.
I took his cold hand and caressed it, remembering the times they had being my worse enemies when it was time for punishment or when he took my little hands in his when he took me out for ice cream or for a movie, now he was here and maybe that would never happen again... suddenly I felt the air begins to thin out of my lungs and somehow I forgot to breathe, I could feel my body growing colder I looked down at my father hearing a beeping he opened his eyes lazily and stared at me, after about 10 seconds he smiled, I got closer to his bed and smiled even tho I was so near a break down, I had just almost fainted.
"hey daddy..." I whispered kissing the back of his hand.
"Bella, my little princess." He grimaced when he tried to get up.
"No dad...just relax you are being taken care off, don't worry." I tried to smile.
"Oh dear...I've been sick for a while now...we didn't want you to know because you had just opened your business but your mom and I have been battling this for a while...it's prostate cancer. I'm dying." He kissed my hand but I just got so mad.
"How could you just hide it from me dad!! Omg! This is just so wrong in so many levels!" I cried then, throwing myself in the love sit.
"Come here, don't be mad at me...it can be any day now...but I'm so glad to see you my darling! I'm so sorry for deceiving you like this, your mother wanted to tell you but I wouldn't have it any other way." He sighed and laid his head back on the pillow.
I felt a pang of guilty in my heart, I was also lying to him...I was also in the wrong.
"Dad...I have something to tell you..." with that I started telling him the story of my life and by the end was telling about this amazing man that had taken over my life.

"He seems like an awesome guy, Bella! I wanna meet him, bring him in..."he pleaded with his tired eyes.
"It's gonna be awkward dad! I mean...you gave me away to another man and now...you are meeting my...extra conjugal fling?" I blushed, thinking it wasn't appropriate to call Pete a 'lover'.

I went out in the waiting room and called for Pete, Marcy glared at me and got up walking towards where I stood.
"You are not going to do this..." she said holding my arm.
"I just did, Marcy...if my dad is leaving me, I should not be left with a heavy conscience for lying to him when I had the chance to tell the truth. And he wants to meet Pete." I said trying to be strong; my mom seemed to be oblivious to anything.

Pete and I waked in and my dad smiled.
"You are the same height, just like me and your mother..." he had a dreamy look on his face.
"I can feel the love radiating from both of you..." he smiled then and told Pete to come closer to him.
"Treat her right buddy, or I'll come and hunt you down...do all that stuff, dragging chains around the house while you sleep, showing up in mirrors..." My dad chuckled and Pete even with a startled look on his face seemed to find the humor in that, which I didn't.
"Dad stop that, you are scaring me. You are not going away right now...you are so young..." he cut me "Young? Kids die from cancer darling, at least I can say that I had wonderful years with my family and that's what matters I guess." His voice getting hoarse little by little, I approached him to see his temperature stating that he was a little bit cold.
"Dad I'll go get the nurse..." he protested.
"Go and get your mom...please..." he said smiling at me, somehow that smile was that kind that it's more like a 'I see you later' than an actual smile, my hands shook slightly as Pete took me by my elbow making our way out of the room, he helped me to sit down and made his way towards my mom to tell her that my dad wished to see her again.
Pete sat by my side and put his arms around my shoulders as I cried.


Around 15 minutes later, we all saw the hush of nurses coming into the room, that was it and I knew what it meant, Pete just buried his head in my hair as I sobbed into his chest.
My mom was so broken when she walked out of the room. She held in her hands his favorite sweater and his bible hugging it to her chest, tears streaming down her face, she walked towards me and I got up trying to get my legs to support me.
"He will always be here with us, don't even forget that." She whispered into my neck as we hugged, holding on for dear life.

Apparently things were about to get really tough around here, I couldn't stop thinking of the many decisions I had to do...that's when my cell rang.
Pete got it from my hands and walked to a near area, my mom looked at me and blinked.
"Your father told me to watch out for you and that I should be ready for everything and always judge things with my heart because that's how a real 'italian mama' does, what does it mean baby?" she put her hands in my cheeks.

"Florah, it's Jason, he would like to talk to you..."Pete come towards me with an apologetic look on his face.
I stared down at the phone and back up at Pete's face.
"Tell him that I'm not in the mood to talk right now...and I'll call when I feel like it." With that I let go of my mom and made my way to the cafeteria, this would be a very long day.
Sign up to rate and review this story