Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Swallow The Blues

And It Matters...why?

by sourcream 1 review

Lena + Pete = ?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-03-19 - Updated: 2007-03-20 - 721 words

-1TrainWreck
Patrick froze and stared at them.
"Uh, Pete?" asked Patrick startled. Pete said nothing, instead stared at Patrick. Lena got up from the sofa and smoothed her pants while swallowing hard. She ran up to her room to leave the scene.

"What was that about?" Patrick asked Pete sternly.
"Nothing," Pete answered quietly. "It's none of your business, Patrick."
"Uh, why are you kissing a girl you just met?"
"I don't know, uh..."
"Pete..."
"Uh," Pete interjected. "It was nothing."
"Dude, you were kissing her."
Pete stood there, motionless and quiet for a minute before running upstairs to check on Lena.

Lena sat on her bed. She was blushing red from embarrassment. Pete looked at her, and then sat beside her and smoothed her hair. "I don't want to look like some kind of groupie in front of your friends!" she blurted out. Pete stared at her and hugged her. "Don't worry. Patrick's just...I don't know. He doesn't know the meaning of a 'friendly kiss'. He tends to jump to conclusions." Pete said, trying to comfort her.

"Pete," Lena said looking at him square in the eye. "Why do you like me? I don't even like your band." Pete laughed and put his hand over hers. Lena looked at his hand over hers than looked at him; they both said nothing. They just stood there quietly together, sitting on Lena's bed.

After a few minutes of quietness, Lena looked at Pete and opened her mouth as if she were about to say something but she didn't. She didn't want to ruin the quietness. Soon, Joe barged into Lena's room and motioned Pete over. "Hold on." Pete whispered loud enough for Lena to here as he got up to see what Joe wanted. Joe and Pete stood in the hallway.

"Okay, dude," Joe began. "What's with you and this girl? Not that I'm trying to be a Patrick or anything."
"I'm so sick and tired of people- you guys, more specifically Patrick, and thinking I'm with Lena. We're only friends"
"Alright."
"Plus, I don't question Patrick about Lena."

Lena heard her name and put her ear at the door.

"Yeah, Pete, that's true."
"Be sure to tell him that."
"Oh yeah, okay, I will."

Lena scrambled to the bed and sat there. Pete came in. Perfect timing, she thought. "Pete, I don't think we should be acting so...you know...together," Lena said looking serious but sounding too playful. "I mean, we 'friendly kiss' as you say, but I think people are getting the wrong idea. Especially your friend Patrick." Pete thought about what he was going to say for a minute, and then answered. "You're right. I hope I didn't look desperate to you." Murmured Pete. Lena smiled the same way he did when he was trying to comfort her.

"You didn't, so don't worry."
"Okay."
"Pete, how old are you?"
"Twenty-three."
"Awesome. I'm nineteen. We work out great." Said Lena sarcastically.

There hour long conversation was spawn. It ranged from music, to art, from art to politics like school. "I have to go." Pete said looking at his watch. "Where?" asked Lena. "Its, like, Saturday." Pete laughed. "I'm not GOING anywhere other than the house. I've been neglecting my friends. I tell you, it's a horrible feeling." Lena nodded in understanding. Pete offered her to join him. With no hesitation, they both went downstairs and there sat the guys in the living room. "Peter!" called Patrick. "Awesome news! Our van's getting fixed!" Pete stood there, looking at Patrick. In unison, different thoughts filled his mind. He was happy to get back on the road. But, that would mean, well, saying goodbye to Lena. He didn't really want to do that.

Lena made her way to a love seat and sat alone as Pete walked and sat with her. "That's awesome! I cant wait to start touring again. Getting on the road..." Pete said with a fake smile. "Oh, yeah," Joe said happily. "We just wanted to thank Lena for letting us stay." They let out a laugh, all except Pete. He really didn't want to leave Lena. "Anything for you guys I love to hate. Ha." Lena said politely, with a fake smile on her face, too. She also didn't want to leave this awesome guy named Pete Wentz
Sign up to rate and review this story