Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > You Dont Know What You're Love Is Anymore

release me; set me on fire

by xxlaurenxx 9 reviews

Meizahn came from a wealthy family. All of the style and elegance in the world was pretty much thrown to her, although she refused to take it, preferring to act the way she did. But soon she find...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-03-26 - Updated: 2007-03-27 - 711 words

1Ambiance
A few days later I was sitting in the bath as the music blasted out from the radio. The warmth of the hot water felt so good on my skin; and that combined with the soothing sounds of The Hush Sound, my mind was in heaven. I looked at the candles, which were lit all around the tub and inhaled their aroma. Everything at that time was so peaceful and serene; it was wonderful. But then suddenly, my phone, which was vibrating off of the counter top, interrupted the tranquil setting.

I let it ring, which was something I normally did when I was relaxed to a certain point, but I began to get irritated when the phone fell on the floor from another call and began vibrating in circles. I let out a stream of breath and stood up, my skin forming goose bumps as I walked over to the floor. I picked it up quickly and flipped it opened. "Hello?"

"Meizahn?"

"Yeah," I began as I walked over to the closet. I opened the door softly and took out a towel, wrapping it around my figure, then walked over to the counter and sat down upon it. "So who is this?"

"This is Ryan", my face immediately lit up. "Yeah; you said that you maybe wanted to hang out some time. And I realize that this is really short notice, but it's the only time I could really do anything." He took a slight pause, as if gathering his words. "I was wondering if you maybe wanted to meet me at a concert."

"A concert?" I repeated almost in awe. This guy was the real deal; he was asking me out. "Ryan you know, my boyfriend got pretty mad that I was late the other night. And his best friend thinks I'm cheating on him with you." I took a pause, waiting for him to reply.

"...I'm sorry about that, Meizahn..." he said, unsure of whether I was going to speak or not. "I mean the last thing I want to do is get you in trouble with your boyfriend." He took another pause, waiting for me to speak, which I refused to do. "I could meet him if you really wanted. Come and get you, introduce myself on our way out..."

"I don't know how he would react to that either."

"It wouldn't hurt to try."

"No, Ryan you don't understand..." I began as I wrapped myself in the towel and began walking out of the bathroom. "He already thinks that there's something going on between us. I've told him that its nothing, but I just don't want him to start thinking that I'm lying to him." I crossed the hallway into Shant's bedroom and closed the door. "You don't know what he means to me."

"Meizahn, I have a girlfriend too, well fiancé. And I completely understand where you're coming from when you say he's everything to you."

"What?" I asked surprised.

"Back home, well, back in LA, I have a girl waiting to marry me."

"Oh." My heart seemed to drop. Something inside of me wanted that boy; no matter how much I denied it, I was falling for him. I slid off the towel and pulled on my robe, which was lying on the floor. "Well then what are you doing running around with random girls off the street?" The way it came out, it seemed like I was trying to make it into a joke. It wasn't meant to be.

He laughed softly. "You have no idea how hard it is to find a decent person in this city."

"I'm really not a decent person," I confessed softly.

"You seem like it to me," he said softly.

"I'm a wreck."

He seemed to take a few moments to answer, as if thinking out his words. "Prettiest wreck I've ever seen." His words crashed into my heart. I wished he didn't have to be so wonderful and perfect. Each word he said, even the sound of his voice, was pulling me further and further in, making it even more impossible to no be attracted to him. I lay back onto the bed and held back a smile.

"What time did you want to meet up?"
Sign up to rate and review this story