Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > A Journey Revised

First

by KitsunenoRai 2 reviews

A day of first experiences.

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Nurse Joy, Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-04-10 - Updated: 2007-04-10 - 3695 words

1Original
Disclaimer: I do not own any Pokemon. My head would start to hurt trying to think of them all.

Chapter 2: First

Rey walked to her designated room. It was exactly the same as the room she was in a while ago. "Go Cyndaquil," Rey called as she summoned her traveling partner. She picked him up of the floor and set him on her lap. Cyndaquil looked up at her. Rey fell backwards on the bed. She knew she would not be in Kanto until tomorrow. She stretched out on her bed. "Well, Cyndaquil, since we are going to be traveling together, let's make ourselves a team that no one can beat," Rey said. Cyndaquil nodded and agreed. Rey took Cyndaquil's hand in hers. "Let's do our best."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rey arrived in the Pallet Town port the next morning. Cyndaquil was at her side yawning. Rey chuckled a bit. They walked to the pokemon laboratory.
"Professor Oak, are you here? It's me, Rey," she said walking into the lab.

The professor turned to meet her gaze. "Hello there, Rey. I see you are still doing well," Oak said. He walked over to her. "So, what brings you here to Kanto?" he asked. "I thought you were starting a journey."

"How did you know that?" Rey asked surprised that Oak knew of her plans.

"Your mother told me three days ago," Oak told her.

"Oh,"

"So, what brings you here?"

"I am starting my journey here," Rey said.

"I see. Rey, do you have your trainer card yet?" Oak inquired.

"No."

"Okay, come with me please," Oak instructed. Rey followed him into a side room that only had a desk and chair, a computer, a printer, and a camera inside. He reached into the desk and pulled out some paper and a pen and handed it to Rey. "Rey, please fill this out, and you can get your trainer card."

Rey took the pen and paper and sat at the desk. 'Let's see here.

Name: Rey Seina.

Age: 11.

Date of Birth: September 15.

'Rey cut her thought."Professor do you have a ruler and scale?" she asked, realizing what the last two questions asked.

"Yes," Oak said pointing to a scale and height chart across the room. Rey walked over and checked her height and weight. After measuring, she went back over to the desk.

'Height, 4'8".

Weight, 85 lbs.

Residence, Oviline City.'

She handed the paper to the Professor.

"Good," he walked over to the computer after looking everything over. "Except you misspelled Olivine as "Oviline."

Rey blushed at her mistake. "I was... rushing."

Oak grinned as he got on the computer and typed all the data on the questionaire. "Okay, everything checks out. I just need your picture."

"That's fine," Rey said as Professor Oak grabbed the camera. He took the picture and printed out the card. He looked it over and handed it to Rey.

"Here you go. Write your name on the back of the card and you're good to go," Oak said. Rey took the pen and wrote her name on the back of the card. "You have nice handwriting, Rey," he said.

"Thanks. It took lots of practice to get good handwriting. I'm glad it paid off," Rey said handing the pen back to Professor Oak.

"Rey, do you want to enter into the Pokemon League Competition?"

"Yes,"

"I'll register you for the Pokemon League from here then," he said. He took the trainer card, scanned it, and sent it in an email to the pokemon league.

"Thank you," Rey said bowing.

"So Rey, I see you got a starter pokemon from Johto."

"Yep."

"Well, you have to have some pokemon from the place you live," he said.

"I agree. Thank you for your help."

"Anytime. Now go get them."

"I will,"

Rey left Pallet Town staring at her new trainer card. She smiled as she placed the card in one of the many side pockets of her bag.

"I can definitely do this, right Cyndaquil?"

Cyndaquil nodded as the two headed down the road out of Pallet.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shouts could be heard across the field on the outskirts of Viridian City as two new trainers begin their journey. Young as they were they were still up to the challenge. However, they had no idea what was ahead.
"Cyndaquil, I choose you," Cyndaquil appeared with a battle stance as it was set for its first battle. Rey stared at her first opponent in a real battle. She had always imagined this day happening to her in her dreams, but now she's out to make it a reality. Her opponent braced himself. He wore a green shirt with one blue stripe across the middle with blue jeans and black shoes, his spiked red hair wavered in the breeze.

"Go, Rattata," her opponent who went by the name of Roak shouted.

"Cyndaquil, tackle attack," Rey commanded. Cyndaquil charged at his foe with reckless abandon.

"Rattata, double team," Several copies of Rattata appeared around Cyndaquil stopping it dead in its tracks and confusing it.

"Cyndaquil, stay focused," Rey said trying her hardest not to lose her first battle. Cyndaquil not wanting to lose either complied.

"Rattata, quick attack," Rattata and all its clones closed in on Cyndaquil sending it flying on its back.

"Cyndaquil!" Rey screamed her partners name. Cyndaquil got up, ready for another round. "Cyndaquil, use ember," Cyndaquil's back lit up with a vicious fire and spit flames at Rattata dispelling all the clones and hitting the target. "Cyndaquil, finish it off with flame wheel, hurry," Cyndaquil burst with a never before seen speed. Flames surrounded his body as he charged ahead landing a direct hit.

"Rattata," Roak ran toward his fallen friend.

"That was a good battle," Rey said walking to the defeated trainer.

"Yeah," He picked up his Rattata. "See you around," Roak said as he ran to the Pokemon Center in Viridian City.

Rey started to look for more pokemon when she and Cyndaquil heard a noise in a bush behind them. Rey and Cyndaquil prepared themselves for a fight when out of the bush an injured Bulbasaur appeared.

She reached into her bag only to realize had yet to by items. "This is unfortunate," Rey sighed. She walked over to Bulbasaur and tried to pick it up.

"Bulbasaur!" Bulbasaur screamed as it attempted to push Rey back with its vine whip attack. Rey, not expecting it to lash back, got hit in the arm and cheek with the two whips. As Rey tried to gather her thoughts and stop the bleeding on her body, Bulbasaur escaped. Rey was dumbfounded. "That was rude," she said. Seeing Cyndaquil ready to go, they ran after it.

Bulbasaur was running at full speed trying to get away from its would be captures. It refused to be tortured and controlled by a human. As Bulbasaur was thinking on its witty escape, it slipped on a rock giving Rey and Cyndaquil enough time to catch up to it.

Rey tried approaching it again now with a bandage on her cheek and arm. Bulbasaur again tried a vine whip attack only for Rey to catch each in both hands, blood dripping from each palm from the force of impact. Bulbasaur was shocked but not swayed. It attempted a razor leaf attack. This caught Rey off guard once again and sent her flying backwards.

"Ow!" she screamed, now with fresh cuts all over her body. Cyndaquil walked over to Rey and tried to comfort her, giving Bulbasaur time to escape.

"Night time will be approaching in about two hours," Rey said, looking at her pokegear. She knew she needed to find Bulbasaur quickly.

Bulbasaur knew he was steadily getting more tired. He sat down to rest for a while. It was almost sundown.
Just as the sun appeared to be setting, Rey and Cyndaquil arrived once again. Bulbasaur saw Rey covered in nicks and bruises from Bulbasaur's previous attacks and an angry Cyndaquil wanting payback for the pain his master was feeling.

Bulbasaur sat up as Rey approached again and tried a Vine Whip. Rey once again caught the vines in her hand pain was riddled all over her face. Bulbasaur tried a razor leaf, only to meet Cyndaquil's ember attack. The burnt leaves fell to the ground. Bulbasaur tried another Razor Leaf with the same result. Rey noticed Bulbasaur's vines go limp in each of her hands. Bulbasaur has completely expended his energy and fainted by the tree. Cyndaquil's fit of rage seemed to end soon after he fainted.

Rey rushed over to Bulbasaur. For the first time, Rey noticed what was wrong with it.

It had a large bruises on each of its limbs. Rey assumed a trainer tried to capture Bulbasaur and failed or the saddening truth that a case of pokemon assault had taken place. Rey hoped it was the first. She reached into her bag and pulled out a pokeball. "Well, a capture is a capture. I do want this Bulbasaur," Rey said, tossing the pokeball. The pokeball settled without a fight. She picked up the pokeball and sent Bulbasaur back out. She put him in her arms.

"Cyndaquil, we need to go to a pokemon center now!"


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rey and Cyndaquil rushed to the pokemon center in Viridian City. Luckily for Bulbasaur, it was a short walk.
"Welcome to our ... what happened to that Bulbasaur?" Nurse Joy moved swiftly into action and in a matter of minutes two Chansey rushed in with a stretcher to take Bulbasaur.

Rey walked over to a bench and waited for Nurse Joy to give the condition.

"Are you the trainer of that Bulbasaur?"

"Yes."

"Just what kind of trainer are you; doing that to a pokemon? You should have your license revoked," Nurse Joy yelled.

"I found Bulbasaur like that. I found him in the wild and caught him after he expended all his energy trying to run. Why he ran and why he was even beaten up, I don't know. I caught him because it would be easier to get him here if I caught him," Rey defended.

"Chansey, come here," Nurse Joy said angrily. She obviously didn't believe her. Rey couldn't blame her for not believing her either. "Chansey, look at this girl in the eyes," Joy commanded, anger in her voice. Chansey stared at her in the eyes. After a couple of minutes, Chansey smiled at her and shook her hand.

"I see. I apologize for how I treated you. I assumed that you were responsible for the damage to Bulbasaur, both mental and physical.

"Mental?"

"Yes, that Bulbasaur has definitely been through a lot."

"How is Bulbasaur physically?"

Nurse Joy looked down. "Bulbasaur is in critical condition."

"What!?" Rey gasped. She began to fear the worse would happen.

"It lost a lot of blood. We are doing everything in our power to save it."
Rey's face looked grim.

"What happened to you, Rey? You are all beaten up, and you have cuts all over your body."

"Bulbasaur attacked me several times. That's why I'm like this."

"Well, why don't I bring you dinner."

"Thank you."

Nurse Joy walked to get her food. Cyndaquil patted her leg, wondering if there was anything it could do to help. Rey reached at Cyndaquil and hugged it as if it would be the last time seeing it. Tears began to roll down her cheeks. Cyndaquil patted her on the leg.

"Thanks Cyndaquil," Cyndaquil smiled happily to be of service.

"I'm back," Nurse Joy came back with a tray of food and a soda.

Rey began to eat the salad on the tray after she gave Cyndaquil his food.

After she finished eating, she set the tray down and began hoping again that Bulbasaur would be okay. "I think you should go get some sleep, Rey," Nurse Joy said finally. "You came by earlier today, so your room is already prepared. We will update you on Bulbasaur's condition from time to time. Don't worry. He's in good hands," Nurse Joy said, trying to comfort her.

"Thank you." Rey began to walk toward her room.

As she walked she began to cough slightly. Nurse Joy noticed this and started to stand. Rey continued to walk beside Cyndaquil when she began to stagger and soon fell over from exhaustion. Nurse Joy rushed over to Rey's unconscious body.

"She's burning up. Chansey, I need another stretcher," she said. The two Chansey came out with another stretcher and took Rey and Cyndaquil to their room. They set Rey on the bed and placed a cold towel on her forehead. Cyndaquil was worried now more than ever.

"She'll be okay, Cyndaquil," Nurse Joy said patting his head.

Cyndaquil jumped on Rey's chest and stared at her. Rey began to cough once again. She was not doing so well at all. Cyndaquil refused to move from that spot. He stood there until her irregular breathing and occasional coughing stopped.

Rey patted Cyndaquil's head lightly. "It'll be alright Cyndaquil. It'll be alright. I'm just going to take a nap now," she said. She soon drifted off to sleep.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning, Bulbasaur woke up. Nurse Joy was amazed at his progress. Nurse Joy took Bulbasaur in her arms and bought him to Rey's room.
There, Bulbasaur met a sight he did not expect. Rey was actually doing worse than when she was yesterday. Her irregular breathing increased and her coughing happened more often. She was also covered in bandages from their earlier encounters. Bulbasaur jumped out of Nurse Joy's arms and walked toward Rey and Cyndaquil.

When Cyndaquil saw Bulbasaur, its flames sprouted on its back higher than ever before, a tear in its eye. Bulbasaur took a step back out of caution. Cyndaquil was about to attack when Rey patted its head.
"There, there Cyndaquil; fighting here is not necessary. You two are teammates now," she said. Cyndaquil calmed down almost immediately from those words and turned around to hug Rey, tears streaming down his face wetting up her night clothes. Rey smiled a little at such affection.

Bulbasaur, however, was shocked at such affection. He did not understand what made Cyndaquil stick to her. What if she betrays him? He thought about it for a second. What if she won't? She was his new master now; he was going to have to accept that.

"Bulbasaur, it's time to go back to the infirmary. You are still not well enough yet," Nurse Joy said. Bulbasaur did not argue and went with her out of the room.

Rey was not in her traveling shape that day. She decided to stay in bed most of the day with Cyndaquil taking care of her. Occasionally, Nurse Joy or a Chansey would appear to bring her food, change her bandages, or get more cold water.

When nightfall came, Rey felt almost completely ready to continue her journey. She took the time to look through her pokedex for trainer basics. She looked in the movedex, then began to check moves for Cyndaquil could learn. She noticed double team was one of them. 'Maybe I should teach Cyndaquil that move. If it works as well as it did yesterday against us, imagine what it will be like when we use it.' Rey thought looking at Cyndaquil. He was sleeping soundly on her stomach. She felt a great warmth there. 'Is this warmth concern or love, or maybe even both? I never would have guessed Cyndaquil would have loved me this much already.' She smiled as she watched her starter pokemon sleeping away. She laid down and went to sleep.

Bulbasaur seemed to be the only one not sleeping. He was still trying to understand Cyndaquil's feelings. They made no sense to him. But yet he now had no other choice but to travel with her. He wanted to see if she is as loyal as Cyndaquil believes. She must hate him now for what he did to her. He hurt her, and she did nothing to him. He felt somewhat guilty, and he didn't like it. He began to question if he would ever get over it. He remembered his vines soaked in his new trainer's blood.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning, Rey felt well enough to move around. She lifted Cyndaquil off of her grabbed a towel in the closet of her room and headed for a nice warm bath.
She let the water run almost all the way to the rim. She removed all her bandages and her night clothes and got in water steaming hot water with Cyndaquil sitting on the toilet yawning. "Aaaahh, this is heaven," Rey said as she relaxed in the water. She ran her hand over her arm noticing all the scratches that have yet to heal. After the long bath, Rey reached for the clothes her mom bought her. She spent all day stitching her clothes and had them washed. Rey went looking for Bulbasaur.

"I'm sorry, but I let Bulbasaur wander around early in the morning. Nurse Joy answered when Rey was wondering where Bulbasaur went to.

"It's okay."

Rey and Cyndaquil left the Pokemon Center, heading for Pewter City. She stocked up on supplies and headed out.

As the twosome approached the northern outskirts of Viridian City, they noticed what appeared to be the remains of the Viridian Gym. She remembered on the news that there was a giant explosion the destroyed the gym and nobody knew how it happened. Apparently, the gym leader was never found. Rey ran to the destroyed gym and noticed a sign there.

"Closed. Gym is set for reconstruction. See Pokemon League for more details and other gyms a part of the Pokemon League."

"Well, I guess we head to Pewter City for our first gym."

They continued onwards until they saw a silhouette of a pokemon. They realized that it was Bulbasaur. Apparently it was waiting for them to come.

"So now that you're at full health, you are ready to fight us for real?" Bulbasaur nodded its head. "I guess it makes sense. Either way, you're still my pokemon," Rey said reaching for Bulbasaur's pokeball. Cyndaquil's back lit up brightly as the pokemon prepared themselves for battle.

"Cyndaquil, tackle attack." Bulbasaur also did a tackle attack. They both collided heads and jumped back.

"Cyndaquil, ember." Cyndaquil sent out another burst of small flames at its opponent. Bulbasaur dodged it.

"Cyndaquil, double team." Cyndaquil made several copies of himself avoiding the flames.

'Yes, all that double team practice last night paid off,' Rey thought.

"Cyndaquil, use flame wheel." Cyndaquil charged at Bulbasaur with fire surrounding his body.

Bulbasaur responded by using Razor Leaf, but the leaves disintegrated as they approached Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil hit Bulbasaur with all it had. Bulbasaur after a little bit of time stood up, a large expression of pain on his face. Bulbasaur tried another razor leaf attack.

"Cyndaquil, dodge it." Cyndaquil jumped in the air. Now, Cyndaquil, smokescreen attack." The field was covered in smoke. "Cyndaquil, finish it with flame wheel. Cyndaquil charged in the smoke with another burst of flames surrounded him. Bulbasaur went flying out of the smokescreen from Cyndaquil's attack.

"Well, Bulbasaur, it looks like we won fair and square. It looks like you're with us," Rey said finally.

Bulbasaur looked at Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil smiled and extended its paw. Bulbasaur looked shook his hand with a vine.

"Aw, that's so sweet. You two are friends now."

"Hey, Rey, how about a rematch?" Rey's party turned around to see Roak.

"Sure, if you want to lose."

"I don't intend to lose."

Rey and Roak prepared for battle.

"Is one-on-one fine with you?" Roak said laying the ground rules for the match.

"Fine with me."

"I choose you, Tyrogue," Roak called sending out his new pokemon. "What do you think?"

"Hmm," Rey was all Rey mustered. She turned to face Bulbasaur. "Bulbasaur, your turn."

"Bulbasaur, vine whip," Bulbasaur sent out two vines at Tyrogue.

"Tyrogue, dodge it and use mach punch. Tyrogue jumped in between the vines and swiftly landed a punch on Bulbasaur's face.

"Bulbasaur, hold your ground!" Bulbasaur staggered as he absorbed the blow. "Now, Bulbasaur, razor leaf attack!"

Tyrogue, unable to dodge such a close attack, flew backwards, hitting the ground. Tyrogue did a backflip and was back on his feet. "Tyrogue, swift attack!"

"Bulbasaur, use razor leaf!" Bulbasaur looked at the stars heading towards it and fired the razor sharp leaves cancelling them out.

"What!?" Roak exclaimed, obviously shocked.

"Bulbasaur, razor leaf attack."

"Tyrogue, dodge it again." Tyrogue dodged it again by jumping in the air.

"Bulbasaur, razor leaf. Let's go!"

"Tyrogue, hi jump kick!"

Tyrogue obviously got hit by the razor leaf attack, but his determination kept him going until he landed a kick on Bulbasaur.

Bulbasaur, not expecting the kick, was laid out on the ground. Tyrouge landed on his feet ready to go.

Bulbasaur was slow to get up. "Bulbasaur, vine whip attack." Bulbasaur launched his vines quickly, trying to wrap around the target.

"Tyrogue, finish it off with tackle attack." Tyrouge jumped onto Bulbasaur's vines and ran on them as fast as he could. Tyrogue charged at Bulbasaur, knocking it back down to the ground. Bulbasaur stayed down.

This time, Roak was the victor.

"Bulbasaur, return,"

"Tyrogue, return,"

Roak and Rey congratulated each other.

"Were are you heading, Rey?" Roak said.

"I'm heading to Pewter City for the gym leader challenge."

"You registered already?"

"Yes, I have. I registered in Pallet Town. Where are you going, Roak?"

"To Pallet Town to get my pokedex so I can register also."

"I guess our paths will cross again," Rey assumed.

"I'll be much stronger by then."

"Same here," Rey prepared to leave. "Well, until we meet again."

Rey and Roak shook hands as they went their separate ways.

Rey headed to the Viridian Forest, taking the path to her future meeting a new rival and a new friend.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Well, another chapter ends. I hope to improve on the battles as time goes along. Let me know how it is so far. It will give me a guide on what to do up ahead. Until next chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sign up to rate and review this story