Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > First Impressions and Famous Last Words

Sunsets and new beginnings

by purpleladder 2 reviews

The 'date' continues....

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-04-11 - Updated: 2007-04-11 - 994 words

2Original
Ok so it's a new chapter, yay! Anyway this is the one i'm least sure about so i really would appreciate feedback - i know you're out there....AND I'm getting to the point where writer's block will also play a part in how often i update as well as Uni stuff.
Also if you review/rate I most likely will read your stuff too :P
Pleas over
Enjoy...

===================================================================================

The limo dropped of us off at the edge of a park. I didn't have clue where we were but I was new to town so it wasn't really a big surprise. I said goodbye and thank you to Les while Pete got something out of the boot. As we went through the gate and Pete slung his arm over my shoulders. Mine found his back pocket. In complete contrast to the afternoon we had spent shouting and laughing we walked along the path in compatible silence. It was nice and considering I didn't know where I was and I'd only known the guy a few days I felt totally safe and happy; really happy.

After about 10 minutes of walking I piped up

"Where actually are we going?"

"You'll see" Pete replied giving me a squeeze. "Be patient; it's not that far now."

At that moment we reached top of the hill we had been climbing. I stopped in my tracks and gasped, the scene below was beautiful. The sun was just peaking up from above the buildings and they were all lit up. One of the few things I missed from home was the magnificent views but this had restored my faith in the city.

"Wow" I said quietly "It's..." I was genuinely lost for words.

"Amazing." Pete finished my sentence for me. "Isn't it? I found it on my second day in town. I thought you'd appreciate it."

"Yeah. Just wow." I replied.

"Well I brought my ever useful bag of stuff so we can sit," he produced at blanket and laid it down on the ground with a flourish.

"We can eat" he produced a box full of yummy looking cakes.

"And we wont get cold" he chucked a grey and purple hoodie at me. I put it on, it smelt of man, it smelt of Pete. I smiled to myself; it smelt really good.

We sat down and I leaned on Pete's chest. He stretched over to get the cakes.

"Mmm chocolate brownies. My favourite." I said taking a bite.

"Well my mom always said a way to a woman's heart was via chocolate." Pete replied.

"She's right you know, especially this woman." I smiled I turned to face Pete.

I looked at him and he looked at me. I cocked my head to one side and gave what I hoped was a cheeky yet sexy smile.

Pete put his arms around me and leaned closer.

"I'm going to do this properly this time." he whispered lifting my chin with his hand. He smiled and then he did what I had waited for 3 days for: he kissed me. I can't really describe what it was like apart from that it was different but different in a good way; a really good way. More kind of heartfelt, if that's possible, I dunno.

I rested my head on Pete's shoulder and played with his hair while he traced shapes with his fingertips on my back. He found the sweet spot on my lower back and I fell backwards collapsing into fits of giggles.

"I think this is something I'm gonna have to remember." Pete said laughing and continuing to tickle me.

"Stop it!" I yelled batting away his hands.

"You gonna make me?" he replied in a really rather cheesy way.

"Well I could knee you in the balls..." I teased pouting a little.

"Oohh nasty. I was thinking more like this." Pete leaned over me and kissed me again.

I don't know how long we lay there, kissing, eating brownies, chatting and looking up at the stars as they emerged in the darkness but it must have been quite late when we finally decided not to risk hypothermia and return home.

"Er Pete, how are we going to get back?" I asked as we neared the park gates.

"Well" he replied "if we just walk around here. We should find that there is a..."

We crossed the road and rounded the corner.

"... van driven by my good friend Joe Trohman waiting for us."
He was right. Joe was sat in the front of the blue van. He revved the engine and waved.
"No too late then." Joe said sarcastically as we jumped in.

"Hay Joe" Pete replied "yes we did have a good time, thanks for asking."

"Yeah, I know you had a good time or at least I guessed due to the fact I've been waiting here for nearly an hour."

"Ooopps, sorry buddy. I owe you."

"Yes you do."

As we drove through the streets I gazed out of the window and thought. I was doing a lot of thinking lately, not good. I could see Pete watching me out of the corner of my eye. He touched my cheek and I turned to face his stare. He lent over again and quickly pecked my lips.

"Hey!" Joe exclaimed "No PDAs when I'm driving."

"Sorry" Pete said winking at me before going in for the kill. 'I could get used to this' I thought.

"What did I just say?" Joe continued, breaking hard.

"Oh shut up. Since when was a van a public place?" Pete replied.

"Since I'm in it."

"Your only bummed coz you didn't get that chick at the gig." Pete ruffled Joe's curly hair.

"Whatever. I'm driving, I'm in charge and I say no making out."

"Ok, ok. We're here anyway. Ha ha." Pete said jumping outof the van, just having to have the last word. I smiled, what a kid.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Go go go! Get reviewing & rating :p
Sign up to rate and review this story