Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Forbidden love

Knowing

by kristinia 0 reviews

At Asuma's grave everyone agrees to follow Sakura and try to find out why she was so sad on this day for every year. Team 7, though, seems reluctant to do so, seeing that they know what this is about.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Chouji, Gai, Hinata, Ino, Itachi, Kakashi, Kiba, Kurenai, Naruto, Neji, Rock Lee, Sakura, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Shino, Tenten - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-04-13 - Updated: 2007-04-14 - 960 words

-1TrainWreck
They watched Sakura disappear out of their sight and they all shared a look. "Let's follow her. I want to know why she is so sad on this day since seven years ago." Ino finally declared and everyone seemed to agree except Neji who didn't care at all and Team 7 since they knew what this was about. "No. Let's let Sakura have her space. She needs to be alone for right now." Kakashi stated trying to change their mind but Ino seemed to have her mind made up.

"Why shouldn't we?" Ino asked putting her hands on her hips which caused Kakashi to sigh inwardly. "You wouldn't like it if we followed you to Asuma's grave when you wanted to be alone. Do the same for Sakura as you would want for yourself." Itachi answered in a dead panned voice his eyes devoid of emotion and life. Sasuke's eyes were clouded over as he pondered deep inside his mind. Naruto was looking in the opposite direction as he shifted on his feet uncomfortably.

"Unless there is a specific reason, I don't see any problem with it." Shikamaru finally said out of the whole conversation while eyeing them with a knowing look. He knew they were hiding something from them on purpose and they had a reason. Itachi's face, if possible, seemed to harden even more but Kakashi sighed giving up and he said," Fine but you may regret in butting into something you had no business butting into the first place."

Ino blinked before shrugging and they all took off after Sakura though Team 7 was reluctant.

////

They hid in one spot in fear that if they hid in different spots they would be found quickly and easier. They stared at Sakura who had finally come to a stop in front of a line of three graves her head bent forward shielding her eyes. "Hey... otou-kun, okaa-san,... Sai nee-san." Sakura said softly and everyone's eyes widened except for Neji who wasn't surprised, and Team 7 who already knew. Ino's eyes widened before tears filled her eyes.

She hadn't known Sakura had lost her parents and her older brother. She hadn't even known that Sakura had even had a older brother. She remembered Sakura once saying that the family she had then was the only family she had at all and she had lost all of it. Sakura didn't move at all even though the wind was blowing causing her hair to blow in the wind. Sakura lifted her head only for everyone to see the tears dripping down her cheeks.

"Gomen nasai... gomen nasai. I wasn't strong enough back then. I couldn't protect any of you or anyone at all. I was a failure but i've grown and I have gotten stronger. I won't fail to protect those I care about this time." Sakura said but her voice started to shake even as she fell in front of a grave, sobs wracking her body. They looked at the grave to see that it belonged to Haruno Sai. Her older brother. "Onegai sumimasen, Sai nee-san." Sakura said as she finally looked up at the grave.

"Sakura I never knew. You were so secretive back then, never letting anyone in. You would never let anyone get to know you and you just took the abuse when those girls would tease you about your forehead. I didn't know that when you cried alone that it wasn't because you didn't want your family to know but it was because you didn't have your family to cry to." Ino thought as she closed her eyes and let her tears fall. She suddenly felt strong arms wrap around her from behind and she stiffened in surprise.

She felt a warm breath hit the back of her neck and she relaxed when she heard Shikamaru's soothing and calm voice," Nakanaide. For there is no reason to, Ino. Feeling sorry for Sakura won't help her." Ino smiled as she said softly," Arigato, Shika-kun." "Don't call me that." Shikamaru said gruffly but she could feel the smirk on his face and she also knew there was some sadness and pity for Sakura. No one knew what Sakura had gone through.

She turned only to see understanding and compassion in Team 7's eyes. They had known about this and hadn't told them on purpose. As if feeling Ino's angry and rage filled eyes on him, Itachi turned to face her with a blank face. "You wouldn't have believed us nor understand what she is going through. What could you do to help her? She doesn't need you to comfort her, she needs to get this out." Itach stated coldly and Ino lowered her eyes flinching at the ice in his voice.

"She seems so sad... and alone." Ino muttered hoping slightly that they hadn't heard but she seemed to have bad luck as everyone heard and turned to her. "She is never alone for she has us, her teammates and her sensei's. She doesn't need you or anyone else." Itachi said and he seemed intent on hurting Ino in some way though he didn't show anything at all. At ino's flinch satisfaction filled Itachi's eyes and Chouji said sticking up for Ino," No need to be so mean. After all Ino is Sakura's best friend."

"Would a best friend stop being her best friend just for a guy? Would Ino have done and said what she had done and said if she had known what Sakura was going through?" Itachi asked and Naruto seemed to get interested in the conversation seeing that he was actually paying attention. No one said anything then seeing that they were all in shock seeing that Itachi had actually spoke to them and for what he said.
Sign up to rate and review this story