Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > He Tastes Like You, Only Sweeter.

We Were Born For This [chapter five]

by dear_jamie 0 reviews

I'm sure no one will even read this since it's been so long. but I'm going to post it anyways. If you read this, PLEASE leave me a review. I need it. ANYWAYS. "I guess you seemed like the ki...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-04-23 - Updated: 2007-04-24 - 958 words

0Unrated
Dear You,
Alex looked adorable when he slept. I wasn't even trying to fight my feelings for him anymore. I sat indian style on my bed, right next to Alex. I smilied as he woke up. "Heyyy" Alex propped himself up on his elbow. "Hello." I smilied and got up from the bed. He crashed back down on his face. "I have to meet a friend at Starbucks soon." I started picking up clothes on the floor of my room. "Alriiight." Alex always drags his words out. "Okay. Call me later?" I smiled and put the clothes in a near by laundry basket. "Yeah." Alex got up from my bed and began dressing. After 15 minutes, he kissed me, and walked out the door.

"That was easier than I thought it would be." I thought out loud. As I said this my phone rang. "Hello? Yeah, 3 is still good Ryan. Alright byee." Ryan called to make sure I was going to show up, so adorable. Of course I was going to show up. I ran up the stairs and turned into my bathroom. The shower had been my best friend lately. As I waited for it to heat up, I made a quick peanutbutter and jelly sandwich. I took a fast shower, got out, did my hair and make-up, the usual routine. I hated being short. I could barely see myself in my bathroom mirror.

It was 2:30, I had to walk from my house to Main Street. 2 miles. Wow, this was going to be fun. I looked pretty decent. Straight-legged jeans, some sweet flip flops, and a white and yellow striped shirt from American Eagle. My fashion sense wasn't too shabby. I walked from Aspen Street, to North Street, to Maple Street, to Sherwin Drive, to Cummings Street, and I was finally on Main Street.

I walked into the Starbucks, sidekick in hand. I always seemed to hide behind my phone. "Tegan! Over here." I heard a familiar voice call my name. My eyes lit up and I walked to the table Ryan had saved for us. He got up and hugged me. Swoon. "I already ordered, but I'll come in line with you." He smilied ear to ear, his adam's apple was practically piercing his neck. "Okay." I laughed and got into the 15-person-long line. "Why is this place always so packed? The coffee isn't even that good." I whispered to Ryan. He laughed. "I don't know. Maybe people like to think that if you pay seven dollars for a coffee, it tastes better." He grabbed my hand. "Yessss." I thought to myself, for once. Just holding hands with this boy sent shivers up and down my spine.

It was finally my turn to order. I ordered a vanilla chai. Everything else on the menu was way too confusing. After we got our drinks, Ryan led me to the table he picked out. "So, why did you ask for my number?" I blushed, flirting was not one of my strong points. He smilied. "You seemed really nice, sweet, cool. I guess you just seemed like the kind of girl I'd been looking for." Oh, he was good at this. He took a sip of his coffee, he was so smoothe. "Oh," I laughed ", you seemed pretty amazing too." I wanted to tell him about my dream, but that would definitley freak him out. The two of us talked forever. Just as he began to ask me something that seemed like it was important my phone rang. I called her on the phone and she touched herself. It was Alex. I pretended it was just a text message and ignored the call. I definitley liked Ryan more, I didn't want to lead Alex on anymore. I also felt like I was lying to Ryan./ Lying's the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off. /

After coffee, Ryan offered to take me to dinner on Tuesday. "Of course." I smlied, "Can you give me a ride home? It's dark and I seriously don't feel like getting kidnapped." He laughed "Of course." He mocked me playfully. He pulled into my dirveway. "Bye Tegan." He leaned over and kissed me. Oh god, this was cliche. "Bye." I stepped out of the car and began to walk to the house. As I reached the door my phone rang again, Alex. "Hello?" I rolled my eyes. Why? He wasn't even being annoying. "Hey Tegan. I called you before, I thought you and your friend would be done at Starbucks by 6." I chuckled to myself. "Sorry, the time just flew by." I took my housekey off my belt loop and unlocked my door. My parents were home. I kept the phone tight at my ear. "Hey honey." My dad was watching basketball. I held my index finger up, one minute. I had to tell Alex it wasn't going to go any farther than last night. I ran up the stairs, I didn't want my parwnts to hear, obviously. Plus, I had never done this before. "Alex. I have to tell you something." I sat on my bed and started biting my nails, nervous habbit. "Shoot." He said. "Alright, well truthfully, I went to coffee with a boy today. A boy named Ryan. I really like him, Alex. And I don't think things are going to go any farther with you and me. He tastes like you, only sweeter." I choked on those words like it was my last meal. "Oh...Uhm.. O-okay." Alex whispered into the phone. "We're still best friends... right?" He blurted. "Yes." I smiled. "Alright, bye Tegan." He hung up the phone without letting me finish. Alright then, that went better than I thought it would have.

love,
Tegan.
Sign up to rate and review this story