Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > It can't be THAT difficult

ummm...not good

by book-worm 4 reviews

An innocent run turns into an extremely akward moment

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-04-30 - Updated: 2007-04-30 - 790 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2
Chapter 2



After changing into my usual clothing (I doubt Atlanta would allow me to go back to bed anyways) I head to the kitchen. Nobody's in the kitchen because, surprise, surprise it's seven in the freakin' morning! Okay make that seven o' five right now, but you know what I mean.



Atlanta's standing there waiting for me to make her omelette. Damn she's beautiful.



Uh oh, focus Archie!



I start getting out the eggs and other ingredients for the omelette. As I was making it I said, " wait till you try this omelette, it will knock you out!"



Atlanta grins, " like Herry's infamous apple pie?"



I shuddered. One time when Athena was away, Herry made us an apple pie for a dessert. I have no idea what he put in there but it was NOT what an apple pie was supposed to taste like. I couldn't look at fruit without gagging for a week.



I chuckle and say, " no, it won't knock you out in THAT way."



I finished the omelette and put it on two plates. Atlanta got two glasses out of the cupboard and poured some milk into them. After setting the plates, glasses and two forks on the table we sit down to eat.



After a couple bites, Atlanta said, "wow Archie, this is good."



I grin, "told you."



After we finished and put our dishes in the sink, Atlanta asks, "wanna go for a run."



"Only if you let me win this time."



"Now what's the fun in that?"



" The fact that I could finally laugh in your face that I beat you."



" Now you know that will never happen."



" We'll see."



" On your mark."



" Get set."



" GO!"



And we're off. Bolting out the door as if the devil was at our heels.







Man, I love running. I love the wind rushing past your face, the adrenaline pumping through your system, giving it all you got...



And of course, having the girl of your dreams running alone beside you.



Except, Atlanta's not really beside me. She's actually a couple feet ahead of me. I know she could probably go much faster, but I have a feeling she's toying with me.



No matter how hard I try, I just can't beat her in a race. Every time I go faster, she somehow gains more speeds and is ahead again. I don't know why I want to beat her so badly. Maybe it's the fact that if I do beat her it means that for a couple seconds I was faster than the fastest person on earth...



Or maybe it's the arrogant macho guy in me that can't handle defeat. Either one works.



Atlanta, of course, reaches the finish line before me. As we catch our breathes she says, " face it, Arch. I'm the only one who can beat you in everything."



I open my mouth to object, but then I catch the look in her eyes that says she's joking.



" Oh yeah?" Before she could react I tackle her on the ground and pin her wrists and legs down. Atlanta struggles, but she can't move.



" Who's winning now?" I asked her.



Somehow, Atlanta got her hands free. She rolls over and pins me down. She leans down close to my ear. Oh gods, my heart's beating a thousand times a minute.



She whispers in my ear, " I am."



I struggle and free myself, and the wrestling match begins. Thank gods no one was watching us. After getting my hand free, I start tickling her sides. She knows that I know that she can't handle being tickled.



" Archie!" She laughs, giggling like a maniac.



I lean down and say, "say that I win."



" Never!"



" Say it!"



" Okay!" she said hysterically, "okay you win."



I remove my hand and we catch our breath. Still giggling she looks up at me, and stops giggling.



Our faces are just inches away from each other!



My heart starts beating even faster. The urge to lean closer and kiss her is too much. Without thinking we both lean closer, and kiss.



Oh man, I'm screwed! Now she knows how I feel! This could possibly ruin the team... but it felt so good... no, NO, this can't happen. Must pull away... now!



At the same time, we both pull away and leap to our feet. Wow, this was uncomfortable. I scratched the back of my head and without looking at her say, " Ummm... we should head back to the dorm now."



" Yeah...let's go."



We made our way back to the dorm. Keeping our distance ad trying not to glance too much at each other. I was thankful that nobody saw our awkward moment. It was bad enough already.



Little did I know...












Sign up to rate and review this story