Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > It can't be THAT difficult

The attack

by book-worm 3 reviews

This can't be happening!

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-05-14 - Updated: 2007-05-14 - 886 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4
Chapter 4



" NOOO!"



I sat up on my bed so fast, I hit my head against the post at the end of my bed. OOWW! That hurts. Good thing Atlanta wasn't here to see me...OH GODS ATLANTA!



She's in trouble. She needs help! Cronos had poisoned her or something!



And then it dawned on me...



It was a nightmare.



Man, I am such a paranoid idiot. Now I am really glad that no one was here to witness my stupidity.



It was just a bad dream. Atlanta's fine. She's in her room, sleeping soundly...



At least, I hope she's in her room!



Silently, I creep to Atlanta's bedroom and slowly open her door. I find a bunch of clothes on the floor of her room, her skateboard propped up against the wall, a random sock hanging over a chair, pictures and paper all over her desk, homework scattered on the floor beside her empty bed... wait a minute... if her bed's empty...



Where's Atlanta?



Okay don't panic, maybe she's in the bathroom. I check and find the bathroom door open a crack and no Atlanta. The kitchen? No Atlanta. The den? Nope. Now I'm starting to panic.



Maybe, she's on the roof.



I creep to my bedroom, and climb out my window. And...



To my relief, Atlanta's sitting there.



I wondered why I hadn't checked here before. Atlanta always comes here when something's bothering her or she needs to think.



And I'm pretty sure that being kissed by your best friend is something to think about.



Slowly, so I wouldn't disturb her, I crawled silently and sat down beside her. She jumped slightly, but relaxed when she saw that it was just me. For a minute we said nothing. Well, at least she wasn't telling me to leave.

Trying to break the silence, I said, "sooo...."



"so," she responded.



Okay, maybe this was going to be a lot harder than I hoped it would be.



I try again, " listen Atlanta, about that kiss..."



She interrupted me, " do you want to go for a walk?"



It's seven in the morning, but if anyone think that I'm going to give up a walk with her, than they are dead wrong!



" Sure."



*



So here we are walking. Not a word has been spoken between us yet. That is probably because we're to busy thinking of something to say.



Next thing I know, we're walking through the park. My gaze moves to the exact spot where Atlanta and I were wrestling yesterday. The exact same spot where I kissed her.



Atlanta must have noticed it too, because she suddenly stopped. She turns and looks at me.



Oh man, what do I say?



Trying to break the silence, I say, " ummm... we need to talk."



Well, duh! I mentally slapped myself. That sounded stupid.



Atlanta sighed, " yeah, we do. About that kiss yesterday, did it..."



" Did it what?"



"...mean something to you?"



Oh boy. Here it comes. What do I say?



" I... umm..."



Smooth Archie, real smooth.





I was just about to say something again, but I was interrupted by a voice. A voice cold enough to make My skin crawl.



" Well, well, isn't this touching."



We both spin around to find Cronus slowly walking towards us.



My hand immediately goes to the spot where my Hephaestus whip usually is, but there is one problem... it's not there!



Apparently, Atlanta and I didn't think to bring our weapons. Now I know I'm an idiot.



Cronus laughs a holds up a bottle. A bottle of BLACK LIQUID!



Oh crap!



I grab Atlanta's wrist and pull her along with me as I run down the path. I won't let him hurt her, I won't!



" Archie, what's going on?" Atlanta's pretty shocked at my actions.



So am I. Usually I never run away.



But I can't let him hurt her.



I dove to the side and down a different path. The path was extremely dusty and the trees were blocking some of the sunlight, making it hard to see were the path was heading.



Why did this path look so familiar?



/I could hear Atlanta's breathing as we sprinted side by side. /Good she knew that it was too dangerous to stay behind.



/I thought I heard rustling in the trees, but it was probably my imagination. I didn't care. I only cared about what would happen if I didn't run fast enough. /Was Cronus still following us. Why do I have the feeling I've been here before?



Something is wrong. Seriously wrong.



I stop and turn to see where Atlanta was. What I saw made my blood turn to ice.



" No!" I scream.



Cronus was there. One arm around Atlanta's neck, the other was holding the bottle of black liquid.



I was in the dream! I had a vision!



" Let her go Cronus!"



Cronus snickered, " now why would I do that?"



He cackled and opened the bottle, pouring the contents down Atlanta's throat.

I lunged forward, knocking the bottle out of Cronus' hand before the entire liquid were in Atlanta. He only laughs. He pushes Atlanta away and disappears through a portal.



/In a second, I'm at Atlanta's side. I'm scared. /So scared.



" Atlanta, say something!"



" Archie... I... lo..." She suddenly went unconscious.



She's fading... and fast!



No!



This can't be happening.


















Sign up to rate and review this story