Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Brother Z
- Intriguing (and enjoyable). I assume Z is Harry, of course. I'll be interested to see what plot twists you'll be throwing in, and in what direction you'll be developing the mores, history, and traditions of your version of the Potterverse.
Author's responseYes (well, it's more at this point that Z would think of himself as once being Harry). It's partially an excuse for some Snape abuse and to see what else I can do with the characters before DH comes out.
- Yay! Another chapter! Just one thing--did you mean to put Harry in this sentance:
"They forgot them," Harry answered with a shrug.
(Please forgive if the html doesn't work!)
I hope you update this story quickly!
Author's responseNope, but even though I'll change on this site (AT would be too difficult to change), it doesn't matter. I presumed the reader would know this was Harry.
- Wup! Noticed a second instance on re-reading: Harry then placed the geode in Luna's right hand.
Also on re-reading I noticed that Z said that he was part of the final fight against Voldie, and then traveled since 1981. Very clever! Now I'm curious how he did the time travel . . .
(I'm glad to hear that you've sent this to a second archive. I like Ficwad but it's not the most stable. Perhaps you could also put files at your Y!Group? I'd be happy to PDF them for you . . .)
Author's responseThanks. I'll doublecheck future chapters, at least through chapter 7
- Interesting, I noticed you removed your typo or freudian slip or extra hint or whatever you may want to call it. I won't mention it again. Nice how you weaved bits of Zed's first appearance into parts of the chapter.
By the way: if the English call 'Z' Zed then why isn't 'T' called Ted?
I also enjoyed Minerva's little monologue at the staff table. Quite amusing.
Author's responseTypos, or slips. I'm not trying to fool the readers, since anyone who read 'Triwizrd Redux' would already know what was going on to a degree.
Harry, err, Z, will have fun acting as Snape's personal fury.
- Z's (or Hogwarts's) revenge on Snape are hilarious and definitely worthy of the son of a Maurader. (For that matter, I suppose Lupin could be behind them, but I doubt it.)
I really liked your well thought-out ways that Luna's vision might be fixed. Having three possibilities and using at least 2 in the short term was very interesting. I like the idea of a Muggle organ donor working for the long-term solution. It's something most authors wouldn't have considered.
Sign up to review this story.