Categories > Original > Humor > Five Minute Soap Dish

Week 21

by johmichaels 0 reviews

Stuck alone together, what could possibly happen to Steve and Gia?

Category: Humor - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-05-21 - Updated: 2007-05-22 - 1054 words - Complete

0Unrated
Week 21.

"I'm stuck in Hawthorn!" Gia yelled into her phone, "Haw-thorn. Have been locked in at Haw-thorn."
She threw the phone across the room in anger, as she slumped deeper into the chair. Steve looked smugly at her, leaning against a nearby wall.
"Got cut off? I knew you would."
"I got through a little bit. Hopefully he understood that we were stuck here and needed rescuing."
"Or alternatively, maybe he only understood so few syllables that he heard that you were a Whore stuck in a guy called Steve. Anything's possible."
"I don't know why you're so pleased. I thought getting locked in with me would be on your list of unpleasant things to do," Gia said.
"What makes you think that?" Steve asked as he walked over to the control boards.
"You told Nick and Kelly you hated me."
Steve let out a grunt of anger, and started moving switches and dials.
"Steve! Kelly told us not to do that!"
"Yeah, well I told her not to tell you of any feelings of hate I may or may not have felt for you," Steve responded, continuing to test controls, "Besides which there's a tiny chance I could get a message out to others for...y'know help."
"Wait, you're going to try and get help using a small radio transmitter?"
"Well, of course. Thanks for the clarification. I could have been confused," Steve didn't turn from the controls.
"And have you thought this through? What's the best possible scenario that could happen?"
Steve turned to face her, hands moving away from the controls, "Well, we get a message out with our names and location, describing what happens."
"And then?"
"Then someone hears it and rescues us?" Steve asked, uncertain.
"How many people listen to this station, Steve?"
"Not many."
"And how many of those will be sober enough to understand us? And how many of those will be even willing to help?"
"We could notify the police, or the fire authority."
"Because the police are so used to responding to pleas via radio, aren't they? Maybe back in the 1940's. Perhaps you could send a message back to the police of the 1940's explaining to them our situation, and asking if they wouldn't mind leaving a memo for their descendents to rescue us?" Gia asked, spitting out sarcasm, "Even then the memo would probably be lost during the war. Or rolled and smoked during the 60's."
"At least I'm trying. What have you done to help us escape, recently?" Steve asked turning back to the controls.
"Hello!" Gia shouted, pointing to her phone, "I did try to make a call."
"Fat load of good that did."
Gia just stared daggers for some time at that. Steve didn't notice, continuing to twist controls, clearly having no idea what he was doing, but not prepared to let Gia know that.
Finally, defeated, he turned around, sitting on the control desk to face Gia, "Well, I've done my best. So we're stuck here until they decide to let us go."
"So....you hate me?" Gia said, her face still showing Steve she was not ready to be messed with.
Steve cringed, "No, I don't hate you, I never said that-"
"Kelly said you did."
"Well, maybe I did, but I didn't mean that I hated you."
Gia raised an eyebrow, and said, sceptically, "Really?"
"Yeah, I mean....have you ever had a TV show that all your friends absolutely loved, but you never thought was that good? And even though you never hated the show, you end up seeming like you hate it because...well firstly in comparison to your friends that loved it you hated it, and secondly, you almost end up hating it because you're sick and tired of all your friends going on about how great the show is all the time," Steve said, rambling, "Yeah...so I suppose what I'm trying to say is that you're like How I met your Mother. Do you understand what I'm saying?"
"You're an idiot," Gia said bluntly.
"Wait, you don't understand what I'm saying, so I'm the idiot."
"You tried to explain why you're hating me, and ended up calling me a sitcom. So yes, you're an idiot."
Steve grumbled slightly causing Gia to yell, "What the hell are you saying?"
"See!" Steve yelled, "That's why I can't stand you. That's the reason I can't stand you. You act all nice and prissy-"
"Prissy?" Gia asked, both eyebrows raising this time.
"Shut up! You act all nice, but scratch the surface, try hard not to be the person you want everyone to be, and suddenly, the real you emerges. You're superbitch," he shouted pointing directly at her.
"Oh, so I'm a sitcom and some sort of superheroine? And considering I've only yelled at one person-you, in the entire time you've known me, and even then it was after you said you hated me, what are you basing this one, Boy wonder?"
"No one can be as nice as you. They've got to have some corrupting features. So what's yours?"
"I'm not so nice. You're really-"
"Bull shit! We've been locked in this room together by two of our so called friends, and what were you worried about? That I might break one of the rules that our so called friends layed out for us, just before they locked us in," Steve said, "There's something your hiding-something evil and wicked. And I'm gonna find out what it is before you hurt anyone."
Steve backed off, and Gia cleared her throat.
"But even using your theory, that doesn't mean I'm evil. If I'm so nice that I might be hiding something, couldn't it be that I'm hiding something sordid or shameful or even kinky, rather than-"
"Is it?" Steve asked, eyebrows immediately raising, "Because if it is...well, we've got a lot of time to kill before Kelly and Nick come back, and so-"
"Stop!" Gia said, raising her hand, "You know, idiot was too good a word for you. Sex crazed freak would have been better."
"Jesus! Make up your mind women. One moment you want to scream at me, then to fuck, and then-"
"I NEVER SAID I WAS GOING TO FUCK YOU!" Gia screamed, leaping at Steve, hands outstretched.
And then the door opened.
Sign up to rate and review this story