Categories > Original > Humor > Five Minute Soap Dish

Week 22

by johmichaels 0 reviews

Afte the events in last week, Gia has to deal with a slightly jealous boyfriend.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-05-27 - Updated: 2007-05-28 - 1007 words - Complete

0Unrated
Week 22

Mark walked into the studio to see Gia on top of Steve, pressing her body against his over the control board. Whether or not he saw that her hands were poised to throttle him, no one knew.
"Hi," he said, succinctly.
"Hi," Gia said, quickly moving away from Steve and into Mark's arms to hug him.
"Hey, whoever you are. And can I just say, this is exactly what it looks like," Steve said with a grin.
"Shut the fuck up!" Gia yelled at Steve, before turning to Mark, "You got the message?"
"Only just. Took me a while to figure out what you were talking about, and even then I had to find out what recording room you were at. Thankfully I heard your name being listed in the credits tonight."
"See?" Gia said, accusingly at Steve.
Steve ignored her, "So you listen to the show?"
"Only this once. I was twisting the dial trying to find a program, and recognised a familiar voice so-"
"What did you think of it?" Steve asked, "Cause most people who listen to the program...they don't admit it. Oh, and who the hell are you?"
"I'm...er...Mark. And I thought the program was okay. Not exactly to my liking but-"
"Ignore him Mark, he's just being an arse. So you had found out what program I was doing, and?"
"Well, from that, I searched online to find out where it was being made. I tried to get in touch with the producer-a Kelly something or other, or the owner first."
Steve cringed, "You didn't speak with the owner, did you? We don't want to lose our space, and this sort of stunt Kelly pulled might just do that."
"No, I didn't reach him. I couldn't find his number, or Kelly's for that matter. So I decided just to turn up here, and try to force the door open."
"You were going to break down the door to rescue me," Gia said, squeezing him tighter and smiling, "That's so sweet."
"Well, I would if I could, but my first thought was to get a locksmith, or the police to do it for me. But someone left the key in the door lock, so I didn't have to."
"What?" Gia, surprised said.
"Oh, either Nick or Kelly must have had a change of heart, and left the keys in the lock in the hope that a passing burglar would inadvertently rescue us. I wonder which of our friends isn't a complete and utter swine then," Steve said, mostly to himself.
"Ignore him," Gia repeated, "And anyway, it's great to see you. Though, to be honest, after hanging around Steve for so long it's great to see anyone. Let's get out of here."
"Yes, definitely yes," Mark said, and the couple moved to walk out.
"Who's got the keys?" Steve asked, following them, "Cause one of us should lock up and return them."
"I've got them," Mark said, holding them out in one hand to Steve. Steve almost grabbed it, before Gia quickly detached herself from Mark and took them herself. She began to lock up the building.
"Kelly or Nick need these keys returned safely, and the studio to be fine. They do not need someone to have sex on all the equipment," she said, locking up, and going back to joining Mark.
"How can you be so certain that I would have-"
"You spent the beginning of the show saying how you were either going to sleep with the attractive one, or the fat one, in your words. And I think you're intending to still complete that goal, even if it is later than planned."
"You're one to talk. After trying to seduce me in there," Steve said, walking off in the opposite direction to the couple.
The couple walked further before Mark yelled out, "What?"
"Ignore him, Mark," Gia said, "He's an oversexed idiot, who took anything I said in there as a proposition."
"So...nothing happened between you two in there? Because when I opened the door, you were on-"
"I was trying to strangle him, not screw him," Gia said, pushing Mark away, "For Christ's sake, he hates me. You know that, and I definitely don't like him. How could you think that anything would have happened?"
"I'm sorry, but stranger things have happened. You gotta just ease my doubts."
"This conversation is over," Gia said, arms crossed angrily, "So, you taking me anyplace interesting tonight, or just gonna accuse me of cheating on you on the tram or something?"
"Well, I had booked a restaurant, but I feel certain they've cancelled our booking by now. We could find something else to do," Mark said as they neared his car, "I couldn't help noticing you didn't answer the question."
Gia, who was walking around to the passenger seat, turned away from the car and started walking off.
"What are you doing?" Mark called after her.
"Going home. Alone!" she called back.
"You live miles away."
"You don't know that. You've never been where I lived."
Mark paused, thinking before calling out, "Look, I'm sorry. I guess I'm not used to trusting people in relationships. But if you just forgive me this once, I'll try to be more trusting next time."
Gia didn't respond, just keeping on walking.
"At least let me give you a lift home. It's too late for you to be walking at home in this area on your own."
Gia stopped in her tracks, turned around and walked straight back to Mark.
"Three things," she said when she was close to him, "One, I'm still angry."
"Fine. Absolutely justified."
"Two, this will not lead to angry sex. At all."
"Thought hadn't crossed my mind. And three?"
"Three?" Gia said, getting into the passenger seat of the car, "Three is...you're coming to a dinner party with me. Nick's hosting one, you and I are going."
"But, what day-"
"Doesn't matter!" Gia said, sternly, "You're going!"
Mark thought it best not to argue.
Sign up to rate and review this story