Categories > Original > Fantasy > Its in the Blood

My First Vampire

by darkdreams 0 reviews

You're eighteen You met someone You like them But you don't know them This is just a memory

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-06-01 - Updated: 2007-06-01 - 1423 words

0Unrated
I was eighteen when my story began. It was April 4th 2005. I was in a Restaurant where my friends work taking photos' of random people for my portfolio. My portfolio was very important to me, since I was trying to get a job at the local newspaper. Start low aim high. My friend Amy was a waiter there, and the boss's girlfriend. So I didn't get told of for taking pictures of the customers. In fact the Customers liked it.

It was raining the say I met my first Vampire. Raining hard. It was one of those days where the skies are grey and the rain just keeps on coming down without a pause and everything was soaked. I was trying my hardest to get one of the customers to stand outside in the rain for a picture. They weren't exactly too keen.

It was around ten when he came in. His hair was dark almost black. It was plastered to his head by the rain, thick strands hanging in front of his eyes. His eyes were unusual themselves. A deep penetrating brown. He was pale skinned and fit. I could see Amy eying him up. That was until Dominic the manager called her into the backroom.

It was only me, Amy, Dominic, the new guy and a couple sitting at the far table. This new person who had suddenly appeared took a table near the door. He just sat there waiting. At first I thought he was meeting someone, but no one came. Eventually Amy came back and beckoned to me.

'Who is he?' she asked quietly while staring at the back of the man's head.

'I don't know' I said glancing over. His hair was still soaking wet. I could tell know it was a very dark brown. And shiny too but that might have been because it was wet.

'Go find out' she urged me. I must have looked confused because she added. 'Because he's fit duh, and you need to get a social life, plus if he likes you he might be stupid enough to stand out in the rain while you take your pictures'

I've never been good with boys. Always too shy and too different. By the time I was eighteen I had an eyebrow piercing, tongue piercing and a tattoo. I wouldn't suggest getting your tongue pierced it hurts like hell. But her idea was good, and he was good looking. I noticed it when he first stepped into the light.

I rolled my eyes at Amy who glared back at me. 'Do it' she mouthed. I walked slowly over to him and stood stiffly by the table. He didn't seem to notice.

'Can I join you?' I asked, amazed about how un-timid my voice sounded. He jumped up and glanced at me. His dark eyes bored into my light greys for a second then he nodded.

'Sure why not?' I sat down opposite him and tried to smile. I'm afraid it must have looked more like I was sick because he added. 'Are you okay you don't look to well?'

'No I'm fine, um I'm Sara who are you?' I held my hand out for him to shake.

'Luke. . Luke West' he answered smiling at me. He had very white teeth. Not so white they seemed to glow but whiter than mine. 'So you're a photographer' he asked looking at my camera.

'What?' I asked, not completely grasping what he was talking about. 'Oh yeah, sort of. . . Um I'm trying to get a portfolio together for a job at the local newspaper' he nodded. I tried smiling again and found I could actually simile.

'Cool' he said, not sounding to enthusiastic but I later learned he was actually quite interested but was very good at hiding his emotions. 'I've never been able to take a picture myself. .'

And so on. Our conversation carried on like this except getting more and friendlier. I'm not going to give you every boring detail and nothing happened. I mean it nothing at all. Okay so I might have flirted slightly, or tried to. I saw Amy giving me glances of despair form behind the counter.

We talked for about half an hour before I plucked up enough courage to ask him if I could take a photo for my portfolio. He agreed.

'Your gonna have to stand outside though in the rain' I added. He just laughed and made for the door.

'I will on one condition' he said slyly.

'Yes' I asked slowly. I've hear that before. It's almost always for money.

'You have to come outside after you've taken the picture' I just nodded. I wanted to go outside. It's been ages since I've actually gotten soaked in the rain. Last time was me and my friend Alex dancing in the rain. It was fun but I got sick after and hadn't done it since. So he just stepped outside. 'What do you want me to do' he asked.

'Just go mad, I don't care have some fun jump in a few puddles etcetera, etcetera' his eyes lit up with an almost boyish delight. And he did exactly what I asked. Jumping and splashing in puddles the biggest grin on his face. I can still remember the best one I took. He was in the air, arms out. His eyes lit up with delight reflected the light on the street lamps feet aiming towards a puddle. He was soaked. There was water dripping of his hair his clothes. I've never seen anyone look so happy. It was a small moment of paradise caught in a picture forever. I kept it. Even after he died I kept it.

After taking a couple more frames he ran after me asking where I was going.

'I'm putting my camera inside so I don't lose all the pictures I've taken' I explained. He was looking at me with big puppy dog eyes. If you've ever seen anyone who can do the puppy dog wyes convincingly you will know how hard it was for me not to just forget about my camera and just step out into the rain. But I put my camera down and stepped outside.

It was uncomfortable at first. We didn't know each other too well and we didn't know how to act with one another. I got him to dance though. To invisible music with me. I wasn't a very good dancer. My techniques involve a lot of spinning and running. (And falling over but I don't really need to mention that). Luke got me to play tag. We chased each other around the street. There were no cars around so we didn't even come close to being run over. It was like being a little kid again.

He was 'it' and I was running away. He was faster than me but I was quicker at turning. I could dodge away before he caught me. Then once I forgot to dodge. He came up behind me silently and grabbed me around my waist spinning me around. Luke was very strong and he picked me up like a weighed nothing at all. I couldn't help laughing especially when he started tickling me.

'Oh no you don't' I said and twisted around in his arms so he was facing me. So I tickled him as well. Problem was he wasn't ticklish at all. He had me squirming trying to break free but he wouldn't let me go. I glanced into his eyes again, and once more they seemed to bore into mine It was like the seconds had lengthened, and everything else had disappeared.

It was only me and him. He leant forward and his lips brushed mine shocking me back to reality. I wanted to kiss him back I really did but something stopped me. I stepped back. 'Don't' I said softly.

'Why?'

'I don't even know who you are, we met about an hour ago I can't do this not know' like I said, I've never been good with men. Never, always to embarrassed. Always afraid. I turned to go inside my cheerful mood dissolving. He grabbed my arm.

'Can I at least have your number?' he asked

'Here' I went inside and scribbled my address on a napkin with a pen Amy silently handed me. I handed it to him and h walked off. Disappearing into the night. Amy is going to kill me I thought as I watched him disappear.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for reading. Please review!
Sign up to rate and review this story