Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sign on the Dotted Line

Chapter 1

by hips-n-hearts86 1 review

Introductions to a rock star.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-06-24 - Updated: 2007-06-25 - 1830 words

-1Illiterate
I bet you the camera is making me look as big as a house. He will probably only pay attention to how fat I look on the screen more than he will to the words that are falling from my lips.

Oh wait, thats Pete I'm thinking of, not Patrick. Patrick is to sweet for that right?

Right.

Wait, he wasn't always sweet. He was an arrogant asshole when I first met him. All tied up into music, and not tied up into what he should of been.

Me.

Thats wrong.

I'm wrong.

Damn you Pete Wentz.

"Are you done fighting with yourself Mira, the camera is rolling you know, and we are wasting valuable film here." PJ yelled over to me. I hate that man.

Ok, I really don't, I just hate the way he tries to act all bad ass when he's the biggest wimp in the world. "Ok PJ, just give me a second." I need to think of how to word this without it sounding like shit. I make everything sound like shit. Horrible shit. "Patrick, I'm really sorry for the fighting your hearing now from me and PJ, but you know how he is." I am a freakin' cow on the camera I know it.

I would be watching how fat I am than listening to what I was really saying. Thats just my opinion. "Yeah blame it on the gay guy." PJ knocked me out of my 'fat' thoughts and brought me back to earth. I hated when he did that. I hate him.

Ok, I don't. I supressed a giggle and made eye contact with the camera. Here goes nothing. "Well, to say how this started, I would have to start from the beginning right?" Right, damnit PJ don't roll your eyes at me. "Ok, so it all started that day I met Pete at Decaydance. You remember, I told you all about it. Well, what I did tell you is completely different than what really happened that day..."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

Miranda Wells stepped out of the yellow taxi and looked up at the bright high rise building. Today was the beginning of her said to be future, atleast thats what she told herself before she embarked this morning on said trip.

"Are you going to tip the bastard or do you want me to get it this time Mira?" came a girly voice from behind her.

Miranda smiled and turned to her best friend. "You can get it this time since I paid for your cell phone bill last month." She raised her hand to shield her eyes from the sun as she looked at her friend.

The man shook his head and spoke in a girly voice. "You won't let me live that down now will ya?" He leaned into the window of the cab and handed the man a five dollar bill and backed away. "You know this place is totally different from New York. I miss New York Mira, why did you drag me to this god-forsaken place?"

"To torchure you on purpose PJ." Miranda grabbed her bag from PJ's arm and walked towards the rotating doorway.

"Are you going to just waltz in there and throw a tape at them, because I don't see you making it past first base with that one sweetheart." PJ jogged up in front of her, stopping her in her tracks.

Miranda looked at the doors then back at him. "Well, how else do you excpect me to give it to them?"

PJ shrugged and turned towards the building, throwing his arm across her shoulders. "Well, since you put it that way. I can think of a really good way of putting it..."

Miranda threw her hand up quickly to stop him from speaking. "PJ. No. Thats just gross." She shrugged him off and walked into the building. It was beautiful inside, something you would think you could only see in a magazine. Black tile encompassed the floor, while teal paint and white trim laced the walls. Yes, she definetly wanted to be employeed here. "Come on PJ, your making it obvious that we don't belong here." She grabbed PJ away from the doorway where he stood in awe of the site before him.

"I'm sorry but I swear Miranda, when we get famous, I want this in my living room." PJ stuttered as they made their way over to golden elevator doors. "I swear I think I just died and gone to heaven."

Miranda rolled her eyes at him and stepped into the elevator. Soft music calmed her shaky hands as she looked down the list of floors.

One caught her eye and she pressed the button for the floor.

Floor seven.

"Do you even know where to go?" PJ stated, swaying slightly to the elevator music. "They don't have elevators like this in New York. Atleast to the places I've been too."

"You've never been outside a gay bar PJ how would you know?"

"HEY! Take that back, I met you outside of a gay bar?"

Miranda rolled her eyes once again, as the elevator dinged for the floor they had been waiting for. "Thats a different story, I stumbled upon you. Literally."

PJ took off behind her, trying his best to keep up with the pace that only she could muster up. "No one said you had to find me passed out in an alley way."

"I saved your life..."

"..and I'm eternally grateful. Really I am, but could we not speak of this again." PJ whispered as they approached the dark oak doors at the end of the hallway.

"Whatever you want snickerdoodle." Miranda giggled slightly at PJ's squished up face and proceeded to open the door to a lobby of some sort.

"Where are we?" PJ spoke, barely above a whisper.

"You'll see.." was her response as she walked up to the dark oaked desk. "Hi, my name is Miranda Wells, I have an appointment with a, " Miranda paused for dramatics and looked down at her blank note card. She had to make it look like she was someone important. "Mr. Peter Wentz."

The woman sitting behind the desk looked up at her and PJ. "What does this pertain to Miss?" The woman looked very bored and bothered by the both of them.

"Like I said.." Miranda searched the lady's desk for a name tag. "Marisol. I...I mean, we have an appointment with Mr. Peter Wentz."

Marisol rolled her eyes at the dark haired beauty and sighed. "Mr. Wentz is very busy at the moment Miss. can you come back at another time?"

Miranda's green eyes looked around the room, she needed something to get her into that board room. She needed to see him soon. "I understand that Marisol, but you see this is very important. If I don't see him.."

Miranda didn't have time to finish her sentence when Pete Wentz himself came walking out of the board room, cell phone clung to his ear as he jabbed on and on about something chemical. "Excuse me, Mr. Wentz?" She quickly abandoned PJ and Marisol and followed Pete out the door of the lobby. "Excuse me sir?"

Pete stopped abruptly and turned on heel, mumbling a 'call you right back'. "Can I help you?"

Miranda smiled at him and held out her hand. "Hi, I'm Miranda Wells," Pete glanced at her hand and then back to her face, never once shaking it. Her smile slowly faded as her hand drifted back down to her side. "Right, well...umm..I just wanted to drop this off for you sir." She quickly dug in her purse for a paper and a tape. Yes, she was giving him a demo and a resume. How cliche.

Pete cocked an eyebrow her way. "Are you serious?"

Miranda looked around, hoping he was talking to someone else. "Am I serious about what?"

He glanced down at the resume and tape cassette in his hands then back at her. "Your giving me a demo? I have people for this. You just send it in and.."

"Yeah, see I did do that and I got no response. Look I really hate to bother you with this.." She watch him roll his eyes and visibly sigh in frustration. "..but I would really appreciate it if you could, ya know, listen to it or just take a look at my resume. Please."

Pete glanced at the resume and smiled. "Look," He searched the paper for her name. "Miranda, its really sweet of you to track me down and give this to me, but I don't think were hiring at this moment in time."

Miranda could feel her heart breaking, and her dreams shatter right before her eyes. "Oh.."

He watched her shoulders slump and her stature made it look as if defeat had taken over her body. "Actually," Pete spoke, raising a finger to his lips, as if he were in complete thought.

Miranda raised her eyes to his, hopeful of anything. "Yes?"

"How bad do you want a job?"

She shook her head. "I don't like how this is sounding."

Pete laughed at her joke. "No, not like that. See I have this friend and well, I need a favor of a sort, I guess you can call it that. I need someone to help me with something that pertains to him." He looked her up and down. "And to be honest, I think you meet all the qualifications for the position."

"Position?" Miranda was beyond confused.

Pete placed his arms around her shoulders and led her towards the door they just came from. "Let's go have a nice little chat in my office shall we?"

Miranda nodded and followed Pete into his office, unaware of what was to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

"Yeah I can't believe you left me with Marisol, that old bat!" PJ muttered from behind the camera.

"PJ shut the hell up!" I yelled to him. He was seriously getting on my last damn nerve. So help me GOD I would put him back in that damn alley way where I found him.

Or maybe I will just throw my damn shoe at him.

Whichever comes first.

"ANNNNNDD. I think Pete was talking about My Chemical Romance or something, not something 'chemical'" PJ stated matter of factly. You know I am really rethinking him being my best friend. I'd have a better chance with a psycho killer than him at the moment.

"PJ! Seriously, your ruining the story." I hated him, and these damn lights. I think he's purposely shinning them in my eyes.

"Ok, ok, I will be quite." PJ retracted slightly and went back to the camera.

I hope something jumps out of the eye peice and jabs him in the eye. "So, like I was saying, Pete led me into his office..."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

ok, sooo theres another chapter. I'm really liking this story alot. I hope you do too, let me know. Review please!
Sign up to rate and review this story