Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sign on the Dotted Line

Chapter 2

by hips-n-hearts86 2 reviews

Board rooms and loose leaf papers.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-06-25 - Updated: 2007-06-25 - 1754 words

1Original
"So, when Pete led you into his office did you do the freaky-deaky?"PJ spoke up, his eye still glued to the eye piece on the camera. How the hell could he ask that knowing that the camera was rolling and Patrick was going to be watching this soon.

PJ is a freakin' moron and a half. May he burn in hell with Pete.

Fuck it, they can rule it for all I care.

"NO! Why would you think that PJ? You, my friend, are fucked up in the head!" I didn't hold back how I was truely feeling. I seemed to have become acustomed to that as of late.

I blame Pete.

And Patrick.

And PJ.

I blame them all for my lack of better words.

They all need to burn in hell!

"I was just saying, I just remember seeing you guys go into the room and one come out smiling and the other...well...ya know." PJ had to be fucking satan. There was no other explanation for this.

"PJ! Seriously...last nerve here buddy!" Asshole.

PJ threw up his hands and stepped away from the eyepiece long enough to give me and up and down and then went back to staring at me. "Go on my little petunia, I don't want to ruin your big story."

He won't make it to hell. I will burn the fucker before then. "Like I was saying..."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

Pete held the door open and Miranda stepped in behind, giving PJ a thumbs up sign on her way past him into 'Pete's office'.

The only response she recieved from PJ though, was a look of confusion and of plea to help him from the woman at the front desk.

"You know I think you should learn to exfoiliate a little more, it helps with your pores sweetie." Miranda heard Marisol say to PJ. She surpessed a giggle and slid through the open doorway with Pete in tow.

"Nice office." She commented once inside. She wasn't lying either. Dark wood layed gently against the walls, while a lighter wood shined against the floor. Behind Pete's massive desk a wall of windows stood, giving you quite the view of downtown Chicago. This was an office fit for a king.

"Have a seat." Pete pointed gingerly to a chair in front of the desk as he made his way around to the other side. Once he was seated, he layed out her resume in front of him and grabbed his laptop. "So, you have had a little bit of experience in the music business have you not?" His fingers slid slowly over the keys of the keyboard.

Miranda watched him carefully. "Umm, yeah I had some experience. I did alot with the selling of merchandise and promoting of the band." She craned her neck gently to try to see what Pete was typing, but he had caught wind of it and moved the screen away from view.

"Did you like it?"

"The job?"

"No the circus." Pete rolled his eye's and typed faster. "Yes, the job."

"Oh," Miranda could feel a blush creep across her face as she stared at the man in front of her. "Yes, I did enjoy it alot."

Pete glanced at her then back at the screen. "Have you ever done any PR work?"

"I don't get where this is going?"

Pete sighed and stopped typing, folding his arms across the table in front of him for a moment to look at her. "PR work? You know Public Relations.."

"I know what that is, I just don't understand what this has got to do with my resume." Miranda interrupted her face now fading from that once pink blush.

Pete smiled at her faint blush. "Look, Miranda, I'm trying to offer you a job here."

"At something I've never done before."

"Well, you will learn really quick, but see I have a favor to ask of you first." Pete turned his attention back to his computer screen and clicked print on the upper left hand corner. "I need you to..work some magic."

Miranda gazed at him with confused eyes. "What are you trying to ask of me Mr. Wentz?"

"Pete."

"Excuse me?"

"Pete. Call me Pete. We should be on first name basis if you agree to this." He reached over and grabbed the papers that were flowing freely from the printer.

"What's this magic you speak of?" Miranda asked as Pete handed her some papers and a green pen. "And what are these papers for?"

Pete smiled down at the forms now placed in front of her. "Well, see I have this friend Miranda. He is well, somewhat down in the dumps as of late and I don't care for that to much. He's either always working or never wanting to leave his house." He sighed heavily as she listened carefully. "To be honest I think he's depressed. I've been down that road before and I don't want him to have to go through with it you know?"

Miranda nodded and waited for him to continue. "So, thats where you come in. I will pay you, fifty thousand dollars if you can 'woo' and sweep my dear friend Patrick off his feet."

Her jaw hung slightly open as she met Pete's eyes. "Are you asking me to be a whore?"

Pete lifted his hands in defense quickly. "No, not at all. Actually I just want you to get him out there, you know, get him back on the dating scene. I want him to date you. You meet all the requirements for a good girlfriend."

Miranda was beyond amazed at what the man in front of her was asking her to do. "You want to pay me fifty thousand dollars to get your friend Patrick out of his depression by 'wooing' him and 'sweeping him off his feet'? You don't even know me."

Pete nodded and slid the paper and pen closer to her. "I understand, but you have the looks for what seems very fitting of Patrick. So, all I need for you to do is sign there on the dotted line."

Miranda shook her head in disbelief. "Wait a second. Does your friend know this? How does this involve the PR thing?"

Pete ran his hand over his face in frustration. "No, Patrick has no clue about it, nor do I want him TO know about it. So thats what this contract is here for. This states that you can not, no you will not, tell Patrick of any of this. You will be hired as a new PR for the band. Thats all he will know. Nothing more, nothing less. If he gets any kind of wind of this, after you sign the papers of course, then I will personally sue you for the said amount and make sure you don't get another job in the music industry again." He sat back slowly in his chair, truimph clearly written on his face.

"This is all to much to take at once. You want to hire me secretly to try to date your guy Patrick and yet work for you at the same time."

"Yes. It doesn't seem that complicated to be honest." He pushed the papers a little bit closer to her. "And you won't 'try' to date Patrick, you will date him."

"Right." Miranda glanced down at the papers. "Fifty thousand dollars?"

"Yes, thats enough for a girl like you to survive here in Chicago."

"What happens after?"

"After.." Pete tried to look into her eyes, but she had shielded him away from them.

"After I do this and you pay me. What goes on from there?"

Pete stood up abruptly and walked to the front of his desk. He sat down in front of her on the desk and smiled. "Don't worry about that Miss Wells I already have that part taken care of, now if you could just sign here.." He handed Miranda the green pen and the documents.

"Don't I get time to think this over? This is a big decision." Miranda looked down at the thick documents. She would want to read those and go over them for sure.

"No. This is a one time thing. You don't sign today, right this minute. You can turn around and walk out those double doors and never see me again."

"Right." Miranda grabbed the pen from him and sighed. "I do need the money for school.."

"See, thats a girl. Now just sign right here next to the X and initial here." Pete pointed out the spots on the paper for her and watched as Miranda did as she was told. "Great! Thank you Miss Wells, it will be great to have you join us as our new PR. You start fresh tomorrow at noon. Were flying out at about one thirty so I advise you have all things packed and ready. I have a bar to open up in New York and your coming with me. It will be a great way for you to get to know Patrick and the other guys. Mostly Patrick though." Pete shook her hand and led her to the door. "Have a good day Miss Wells, see you tomorrow."

Miranda stood outside the now shut office and gazed between PJ and Marisol. "Well did you get it?" PJ inquired stepping forward, trying his best to bring her back to reality.

"Um, I guess you can say that. I start tomorrow as a PR." Miranda looked completely lost. "PJ?"

"Hmm?" He questioned as they made their way out the door and towards the golden doors.

"Why do I feel like I just signed my soul away to the devil?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

"Oh, so you were a vixen in that office weren't you!" PJ waved his hand at me, flashing in the only gay way he knew how.

I'm going to break his hand for his stupid little interruptions. "No, I wasn't. I just...you know that I needed the money PJ. Patrick, you knew how desperate I was at the time. I told you about how I was offered the job just like that and I took it because I needed cash for school. You supported me then." I spoke to the camera, pleading it almost.

Maybe I should of done this face to face.

Without PJ.

Things would be so much simpler.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

wow, I'm popping these out like kids..but not rly LOL here's another one, lemme know if you love/hate it
Sign up to rate and review this story