Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Star Cross'd Lovers

Chapter 02-1967

by shedrinksacid 2 reviews

The past is slowly coming back to haunt the haunter and the hauntee (?)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Horror, Sci-fi - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-06-25 - Updated: 2007-06-26 - 819 words

0Unrated
Vetter woke up, sweaty but cold. Her room was lit up by the afternoon light. She walked up the stairs to find that no one was home. "Might as well do something." She said to herself. She went back downstairs to get dressed. He watched her get dressed. He watched her strip off every inch of her clothing and slowly replace it with new pieces. Sure he was dead but he was the living dead, he still had certain feelings. Vetter pulled her shirt over her head, zipped up her hoodie, and grabbed her video camera. She walked back upstairs and out into the warm air.

People still looked at her. Her bangs covered one of her eyes like a pirate's eye patch and she had a pretty noticeable tattoo on her wrist that went down to the top of her hand. Then again, where she was (which she had no idea where that was) a lot of people looked like her. She stumbled into a comic book store which led into a library. The guy behind the counter perked up when she walked to the register with her comics. "Hi." He said. "Hi." She replied. "You new in Jersey? I'm pretty sure I would've seen someone like you in here before." Wow, smaller town than she thought. "Yeah, I'm living at 847 Delaware." The guy stopped ringing her up, "The Way place?" Vetter shook her head, "I don't know, I guess." She shrugged. "So is it true?" He asked. "Is what true?" She asked. "You don't know? The stories...what happened there." Vetter gave him an odd look, "Nope, it's just a house." He handed her the change and Vetter walked to the door. "Be careful." He said. Vetter just nodded and left. "The Ways?" She asked herself aloud.

She continued documenting her new surroundings. She made her way into a more all-American looking neighborhood. A lot of older women in red hats were outside of cafes with their walking cans draped over the chairs. She stayed on the same sidewalk all the way home. It was like this one town in Jersey was separated into mini towns, some good and some bad. "Where were you?" Her mother asked. "Out for a walk." She said putting the lens cap over the camera. "Where were you guys this morning?" "Grocery shopping. Oh and Vetter, the next time you go out, please turn off your music." Vetter gave her mom a weird look, "It was off." "No it wasn't, just make sure next time ok?" Again Vetter gave her mother a weird look, "Vetter just do it ok?" "Ok God calm down."

He heard her coming and stepped back into the shadows. You know, vampires and light, not a good combination. "She's on fucking crack or something. I didn't even turn music on this morning." Vetter slammed the door. She walked over and sat at her computer, "Ok now what was I going to do...ah Way." She said. He stiffened, no. He closed his eyes and slammed the laptop shut. Vetter stepped back, "What the fuck!" She shouted. She tried opening it again, it slammed on her fingers. "MOTHERFUCKER!" She shouted. He laughed, "Who's that? God why do I keep saying that?" She shook her head and went to open the laptop again. "There." She said finally victorious. She went to Google and typed in her address along with the last name Way. "Haunted?" She said aloud. He bit his lip, maybe he should tell her. No one ever got this far before...or they'd just disappear. Why can't he-fuck.

Vetter continued reading. "A boy who lived here killed himself?" She said aloud. He bit his lip harder drawing his own blood. He felt a pain in his chest, vampires couldn't drink their own blood. She clicked on a picture. It was black and white, and stippled, not clear at all. They looked happy but everyone looks happy on the outside when they're smiling. She continued reading. It was one of her weird characteristics, reading about death was. She didn't mind reading about someone blowing their head off or being found dead in a ditch like in this case with a razor in his hand. He watched her continue to read and a dead emotion slowly awoke in him. Sorrow, anger, and regret, he wouldn't have done it if he knew the consequences. He got what he wanted but when he had it he didn't want it anymore.

She slid under the covers and let out a small yawn. "1967." She said aloud. He knew now, he had to become known to her. Distract her, stop her, no one should know now, especially the truth. "Vetter?" She opened her eyes. "What mom?" She asked. "Do you really like sleeping down there?" "Yeah its fine why?" "Well don't you find it...scary?" "Nope, not at all." "Ok well, goodnight honey." "Goodnight mom."
Sign up to rate and review this story