Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Mountain

TWO

by Sticky 1 review

Brendon and Ryan continue the hike alone

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2007-06-28 - Updated: 2007-06-28 - 702 words

0Unrated
Dark clouds began to form in the sky and the air only got more frigid. "Maybe we should turn back?" Said Jon as he examined the ever-darker horizon. "Yeah, you're probably right. It looks like it's about to snow." Sighed Spencer. Ryan and I looked at each other and then said in unison "No! We came this far already!" The other two boys stared at us in bewilderment. Finally Jon said, "How about Spence and I go back to the hotel a drink hot chocolate and you guys stay here and freeze your asses off?" Ryan and I grinned then nodded our heads. We smirked gallantly as he watched our companions make there way back down the mountain.
Just then the shock of being alone hit me. "Our phones won't get service out here. If any thing happens we won't be able to call for help." I whispered knowing that Ryan was close enough to hear me over the unrelenting wind. "Don't worry. Nothing bad is going to happen." Smiled Ryan as he began to walk on. I followed him closely with a nervous feeling in my stomach.
As we ascended the mountain the terrain got steeper and rockier. A slushy rain began to fall and moistened the empty area. Still, Ryan and I pressed on. Ryan wasn't the type to give up and I wasn't the type to fight back. The wind blew chunks of icy rain onto my precious face. We soon found it hard to walk or even see the path ahead of us. The path had become much more narrow and almost vertical. At times we needed to get down on our hands and knees and crawl to ensure that the wind would not whip us to the ground. To everyone else this would have been a terrible time, but not for Ryan and I. We were the happiest boys in the whole damn city.
Once we reached the peek of a small hill a cave came into view. "Lets go in there for a few minutes. It will probably be warm and dry." I suggested. Ryan and I walked into the cave and took a seat on a large rock. Ryan looked off into the valley then exclaimed, "Look how high we are. I think I can see our hotel from here!" We stared at the town from our little cave perched in the heavens and wondered what the view from the top of the mountain must be like. "I'm going to go see if there is any fire wood in this cave. The wood outside is too wet to build a fire with." Announced Ryan as he bravely crept into the darkness of the cave. I hadn't thought of building a fire, but agreed that it would be a good idea seeing as it was freezing.
I sat alone on the rock and watched the wind blow leaves and tiny chunks of ice about. The leaves and ice spiraled in mini tornados that lasted only a few moments then the ice and leaves were dropped quicker then they had been picked up. I looked up at the clouds. They were dark and uninviting, but at the same time they were beautiful. I looked for shapes in the thick gray masses. Just then a yell from inside the cave brought me out of my daydreams. I looked back in confusion. Then I heard another yell, this time louder and more desperate. "Hello? Ryan?" I called into the darkness as I stood up. "Bren! Help!" He screeched from the back of the cave. I rushed deeper into the cave searching for my best friend. "Ryan! Where are you? Can you hear me?" I called as I ran around madly. "I hear you! I'm in the back! I fell! Please hurry!" Shouted Ryan, his voice getting louder. "Keep talking! So I can follow your voice!" I said as I quickened my pace into a full on run.
"Okay! Brendon, I'm sorry. I was being stupid. I was wondering around the cave when I fell into some kind of hole. I'm stuck! Please hurry its dark and scary. And, wait I think I see you! Brendon! I'm right here! Brendon!"
Sign up to rate and review this story