Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Mountain

THREE

by Sticky 2 reviews

Brendon pulls Ryan from the hole but accidentlly causes a rockslide in the process.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2007-06-30 - Updated: 2007-07-01 - 619 words

0Unrated
I rushed to the sound of Ryan's voice. My heart pounding in my chest like a caged beast. "Hold on!" I called "You must have fallen into an old mine shaft! I see you. Let me find a stick or something so I can pull you out!" I searched blindly about the unfamiliar cave in search of a stick. Lucky for me there was one right near the opening of the hole Ryan was in. The stick was beneath a pile of rocks and other debris I tried to pull it free when something terrible happened. I yanked the stick and it loosened the pile of rubble causing a pile of rocks to fall into the hole below. The same hole that contained a very frightened Ryan Ross. "Fuck! Are you alright?" I exclaimed choking on the dust from the rockslide. He responded with a tiny moan. At that I quickly but carefully climbed down into the hole to rescue my best friend from the rubble. "Ryan?" I called as I dug through the rocks. "Bren" He said softly. I could hear him. He was close to me. I called his name again he responded again, but this time I saw his battered face peeking out from beneath a heavy rock. "Hold on." I shouted as I frantically dug him out of the rocks. One by one I removed the rocks that had fallen onto and around Ryan. I piled the rocks in the corner of the hole forming a makeshift ladder so we could climb back out. Soon Ryan was completely free. I gently pulled his bruised body from the wreckage and laid him down on the floor next to me. "Ryan, I'm sorry. A-a-re you okay?" I whispered softly into his ear. He looked at me with his sad eyes and I knew before he even opened his mouth that he wasn't okay. "My arm, I can hardly feel it." He said timidly. I looked down at his right arm. Through the darkness I could see the blood that had now soaked through his sweatshirt. "Oh" I gasped trying my best not to alarm him. I took off my scarf, which was incredibly ugly anyway, and wrapped it tightly around his arm in hopes that it would stop the bleeding. "We have to get out of this cave. No one will find us in here." I whispered as I tried to lift Ryan up onto my shoulders. He winced in pain as I carried him up the makeshift rock staircase and out of the hole. Once back in the cave I set him down on the ground. He let out a soft moan then told me "My back hurts worse then my arm." I didn't know what to say so I just stood there in silence for a second. Our phone wouldn't get service up here. No other people are on the mountain. Ryan is in too much pain to walk back. I can't carry Ryan all the way back. There was only one choice. "Ryan, sweetie, you stay here and keep calm. I'm going to run back to the park ranger station and get help." I exclaimed walking towards the mouth of the cave. "Wait" Ryan called. I turned to him then kneeled down at his side. "I love you," He said softly. "I love you too" I replied as I took of my sweatshirt. I draped my sweatshirt over his delicate body then made my way out of the cave. Once on the trail I broke out into a full throttle sprint to the park ranger station or the first person that I found. Too bad that person I found didn't want to find me.
Sign up to rate and review this story