Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Apple And The Tree

My Hero

by gerardsxoxangel 0 reviews

Is Gerard too late?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-06-30 - Updated: 2007-06-30 - 1018 words

0Unrated
Please don't let me be too late.
Gerard drove home as quickly as he could manage without endangering his life. He arrived at the house and ran to the door, fumbling with his keys. Lorraine was still at her sister's and Christi was still at the party. He ran up to Jason's room, still hoping that he wasn't too late.
*
Lying on Jason's bed, staring at the ceiling as he kissed her neck. She was still numb all over. Jason's hands were wandering, she was only hazily aware. His hands were on her skirt now. Was he trying to open it? Why would he do a silly thing like that? Oh. Suddenly understanding hit her. It didn't feel so wrong this time.
If it doesn't feel wrong, then it must feel right. Right? I guess I won't fight it this time. What the hey! Go right ahead.
The door flew open and Jason snapped up to look at the intruder.
"Dad, I'm kind of in the middle of something here," Jason said. Not the reaction you would normally expect when your dad walked in on something like that, but okay.
Gerard didn't leave, didn't apologise, didn't turn away. He stormed in and grabbed Hannah's hand.
"Dad, what the hell??" Jason said.
Gerard didn't respond. He just took her hand and put his other hand on her back to help her up.
"Come on, darling. Lets get you home," he said, leading her to the door. He closed it behind them.
"I can't go home, there's something wrong with me," Hannah said.
"You're just a little drunk, honey," he said.
"I'm not drunk, silly!" she said, nearly losing her footing.
"You are, honey. Trust me. If you don't want to go home, where do you want me to take you?" he asked.
"Can't I stay here with you?" she asked.
"Of course you can, if you want to," he said, very conscious of the fact that they were still outside Jason's room. He took her into his bedroom and locked the door behind him, just in case Lorraine arrived home unexpectedly. She lay down on the bed and smiled up at him.
"Is tonight the night?" she asked.
"I don't think so," he said.
"Why not? I'm here, you're here. Don't you want me anymore?" she asked, hurt.
"Of course I do! You know I do, but not when you're like this. You're not in the right mind to make that decision," he said.
"I feel fine! I want to," she said.
"I know, and I want to too, I just don't want you to have any regrets in the morning. I want to wait until it's perfect," he said.
"Are you going to leave me here?" she asked.
"Not if you don't want me to," he said.
"I don't," she said.
He got onto the bed beside her. "You just sleep, honey. Everything will be clearer in the morning," he said.
*
Hannah woke up the next morning, alone. She couldn't remember much from the night before. Her phone was teeming with missed calls and unread messages but her head hurt too much to deal with it now. She didn't recognise the room she was in. then she saw a picture of Gerard and his wife and something clicked. At least now she knew where she was.
She got up and walked over to the door. She had just put her hand on the handle when she heard voices outside the door. She didn't dare try to open I, but she did press her ear up to it to get a better listen.
"You could try to be a bit more understanding!!" she heard Lorraine shout.
"Fuck understanding!! I'm not having your sister living here and that's final!!" she heard Gerard retort.
"It would just be until she and Rick work things out," Lorraine said.
"And when will that happen, huh? A week, a month, six? No, it's not happening," Gerard said.
"It's my house too, I have a say in who stays here and who doesn't, in case you've forgotten," Lorraine said.
"Not when it's a fucking open invitation! No, Lorraine, it's not happening!! I'm sick of being fucked around by your family!!" Gerard shouted.
"What do you mean by that?" Lorraine asked.
"You know damn well what I mean," Gerard said, his voice scathing.
"Please, don't talk about this while the kids are in the house," Lorraine said, lowering her voice almost to a whisper.
"Not so demanding now, are you? Your sister is not staying here," Gerard said.
"You can't do that, she has nowhere else to go," Lorraine said.
"She should have thought of that before she messed things up with Rick, shouldn't she? Did she try to trap him, too?" Gerard said.
"Gerard, please, not now," Lorraine said.
"That's what you always say!! When then? You're never going to admit to it but I know, Lorraine. I know exactly what you and your parents did and I will never let you forget it. You've ruined my life and I'll be damned if I'm going to let you compromise my happiness any more than you already have!!" Gerard shouted.
Hannah had to jump backwards to avoid the door as Gerard swung it backwards violently. He shut it almost as soon as he'd opened it, locking it from this side.
"Sorry, did I hit you with the door?" he asked, his voice low.
"No, you didn't," she said.
"I guess you heard all that, huh?" he said.
"Most," she said.
"I'm sorry you had to hear that. I can't stand her sister, you know," he said, forcing himself to smile.
"What happened last night?" she asked.
"You don't remember?" he asked.
She shook her head. "Not a thing," she said.
"I rescued you from evil Jason's clutches," he said.
"Huh?" she asked, confused.
Gerard explained everything. Hannah sat down on the bed and started at her hands as they rested on her knees.
"You okay?" he asked.
"I can't believe I actually went out with that guy," she said.
"Past tense?" he asked.
"Absolutely," she said.
Sign up to rate and review this story