Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > It's Not Like It Hurts That Much Anyway

Chapter Seven

by ryanrossISsove 5 reviews

Hemingway can talk. for real.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-07-01 - Updated: 2007-07-02 - 1374 words

1Ambiance
I got some ideas. The two boys have these new "mentor" things in disguise, trying to get the two boys together, one's more blunt then the other. Tell me what you think, it's a spontaneous idea, but I like it, and it's going to make this story 5467675x more interesting, I swear. I have these amazing new plans that'll mean faster updates because there will be like, no writers block. Perfect, much?

Pete's POV-

I found myself in a completely white room, with blinding lights. Everything was black and white, which was nothing but a car. In the middle of the room.

I shielded my eyes, and saw my little dog, Hemingway running up to me. He was black and white, too.

"Hem, where are we?" I asked.

"No place special." he replied, looking around.

I scratched my head.

"I didn't know you could talk." I said, as he jumped up on the car, and I pet his head.

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Pete." he said, looking off into the distance.

"Oh?" I said, like it was no big deal that my dog was speaking to me.

He looked at me, and nodded his head.

"Like what?" I asked.

"I know your secret." he said.

I starred at him.

"How? How did you find out? Hem! Are you going to tell? How did you find out?" I asked.

"You scream his name in your sleep often. I'm not going to tell, I can't tell. I can't talk. Or at least not right now." he said.

I was confused.

"I scream?" I asked.

"Yeah, really loud. Sometimes I run away." he said.

"Sorry..." I said.

"It's fine, but I've got to tell you something." he said.

"Anything, shoot." I said.

"Tell him, soon. I'm sure he loves you back." he said.

"What?! Hem, I'm never, ever going to tell him." I said.

"You must, Pete. Before it's too late!" he yelped, now standing up.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Please." he said, jumping off of the car, and looking up at me, with sad eyes.

"I can't." I said, closing my eyes.

When I opened them again, I was in my room, in my bed.

Just a dream. Just a stupid dream. I've edited "The Take Over, The Breaks Over" video too many times, that's all.

I looked down, and saw Hem laying on the ground. He looked up at me, with sad eyes. Almost like he was urging what he had been saying in my dreams.

"I won't do it, Hemmy." I said. I was being ridiculas now. It was no sign, just a stupid little dream.

A stupid fucking dream.

I looked at the clock. It was 3:00 AM. I needed to go to the studio at 6:00AM. It's been a few weeks into it, and we're almost finished, we have the fight scene almost done, I think today is the last of the shooting for it, and we have a few other small scenes down, too.

This means today is a William day, he'll be around.

I groaned, and hit the pillow hard.

Why was this happening to me?

I tossed, and turned, and moaned and bawled my eyes out, for about an hour, until I couldn't help it anymore, I picked up my sidekick off the nightstand, wiping my tears, and dialed his number. NO! Not William's, Patrick's.

"Ugh, Pete. What's up? It's four." I heard a groggy voice say.

"I can't get back to sleep, and I'm just a mess right now, can you come over and sing to me? Please?" I asked him.

I loved this man, he is my best friend.

He groaned.

"I'll be over in five." he said, hanging up.

I sat in my bed, still crying, when all of a sudden, the door opened slowly.

"What's the matter now?" he asked, as he sat on the edge of my bed.

I sniffed.

"I don't know. Maybe it's him. I had a dream, Hem told me to tell him that I was in love with him, I can't. I'm so in love, P. My heart hurts." I sobbed.

He crawled up so that he was sitting beside me, put an arm around me, and sang me something, I didn't even know. A show tune. A sweet, long, slow, show tune. Soon, I dug my face into his armpit, and fell fast asleep.

"Pete, come on buddy, we gotta get going." I heard Patrick whisper.

2 hours seemed like the time it took me to shut my eyes in the first place. I rose up, and stretched.

I looked at Patrick.

"You can do it, he's not that scary." he said, with a smile, reading me, knowing I was dreading seeing William.

"Thank you, so much." I said, smiling, leaning over, and hugging him.

"My pleasure, you're my best friend." he said, smiling.

I nodded, as I heard a bark from the opposite end of the room.

I looked over, and saw Hemingway standing in the door frame.

"Hey boy." I cooed.

"Tell him Pete." The dog said.

My eyes shot wide. "What's wrong?" Patrick asked, as he saw my terror stricken face. My heart was in my stomach, I was shaking.

"D-d-d-did you hear that? Did you hear him?" I said, pointing shakily at the dog.

"Hear what?" Patrick asked.

"He-he just talked!" I said, frantically pointing at Hemmingway.

Patrick looked over at Hem, he just stood there, clulessly panting, like a normal dog.

"Hem?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Uhh...yeah...I didn't hear anything." he said, looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"Your going to sit there and tell me that you didn't hear that?" I asked.

He shrugged.

"Are you feeling alright? You can call in sick today..." he said, feeling my head.

I pushed it away, angrily.

"No. I'm fine, I'm hearing things." I said, glancing at Hemingway.

He was...he was smiling at me.

"I'll go wait out in the car while you get dressed." Patrick said, getting up and going out to the car.

As soon as he was gone, I glared at my dog.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

He walked over to me, and looked up.

"Nothing, nothing at all. I just realized that if I couldn't get through to you in your head, I'd have to get through to you here. No one else can hear me, so I'd stop telling everyone I can speak, because it's only you, that can hear me." he said.

"Who knew you where so brilliant sounding. I'm not surprised, Hem. But I DO think I'm going mad, so...just stop talking to me, because you're a figment of my imagination, the real Hem is probably sleeping someplace." I said, going through my hoodies.

"Pete, you must listen to me, I don't know WHY I have the ability to do this, the message and the powers came to me in a dream, too, but I can, and I'm going to make do with it. The message I got was scratchy, and I don't know much about this, but what I do know is something bad is going to happen if you don't do something about it, I don't know what but I can only imagine it's William." he said.

I pulled my hoodie over my head, and starred at the little talking dog.

"I don't believe this." I said, throwing some pants on.

"Pete, I think you need to tell William about your love for him, what else could it be?" he said.

I looked at him.

"I'm not telling him, end of story. Maybe since you can talk now we can have cooler and longer conversations, cause I gotta leave, want any food before I go?" I asked him, jetting for the door.

He just looked up at me, with sad eyes, and shook his head.

"I'm fine. Have fun dad." he said, prancing over to the cream colored couch, and laying down.

"Bye Hem." I said, heading out the door.

As I got out the door, headed to another day of agony, I stopped, looked back, and then turned and kept walking.

Hey, it's Hem. Most amazing dog in the world. It was bound to happen sometime.
Sign up to rate and review this story