Categories > Original > Drama > The Best Kept Secret & The Worst Told Lies

Take Our Tears, Put Them On Ice

by MidnightxWarning 0 reviews

Karen has a secret, a secret that must not be told.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-07-02 - Updated: 2007-07-03 - 689 words

0Unrated
Karen sighed as they turned into their driveway, it was time.. time for the pain her father would give her, she hoped it wouldn't be very difficult to hide at school. She refused to move from the passenger seat, she wouldn't. Her father came around to her side of the car and pulled her out by her hair, making her wish she had gotten out of the car herself. As they reached the front door her father threw her against the door while he got the key and opened the door. Karen winced in pain and stepped into the small house. She tried to quietly step into the bathroom and escape, but her dad caught her. It was no use, this was going to hurt and she knew. Her father grabbed a belt and began lashing out against her back, once, twice, third times a charm. She cried out in pain, her father screamed "IS THIS ENOUGH PAIN? WILL THIS MAKE YOU THINK TWICE ABOUT TRYING TO LEAVE AGAIN?" Louder and louder he got with each word, he dropped the belt and began to pull her by her hair into the kitchen. "MAYBE THIS WILL STOP YA!" He screamed and began to reach out for the sharpest thing near him, which happened to luckily only be a butterknife instead of a sharper one.. But by then Karen had struggled enough to escape his grasp and run into the bathroom, her father lunged after her, missed, and threw the knife at her as she ran, she ducked and slammed the door to the bathroom. She collapsed from pain onto the tile, she lay there for a bit and waited till some of the pain wore off. She then turned on hot water and let the bath run. She lifted up her shirt to reveal three big welts from where the belt hit her, she could already see the bruises forming. She felt she was lucky that these could be covered by a shirt tomorrow at school, she would just have to walk carefully to not show her pain. She saw dried blood on her legs from earlier and a few cuts on her arms. She carefully undressed herself and lay in the bath for a bit, just laying there until she built up the strength to clean the cuts. She got out of the bath about an hour later and put bandages on the worst of the cuts and welts. She figured her dad would have gone to bed by now so she quietly crept out of the bathroom and into the safety of her room.

Or at least as safe a place where her father lived could be. Midnight already, she climbed into bed and set her alarm for school tomorrow, she wanted to wake up early so she wouldn't have to deal with her dad anymore than she had too. She laid there in her bed for awhile until she finally fell asleep. Beeeeeep Beeeeep Beeeeeep. Karen groaned as she reached over to turn off her alarm, she felt like she barely shut her eyes before the alarm woke her up. She winced as she got out of bed, the bruises had fully formed, the pain set in. She grabbed her clothes for the day; a pair of jeans, a long sleeved shirt, even though it was spring, and a jacket. Better safe than sorry, sure she'd get questions about the layers of clothing she had on in the spring but lies just got easier and easier to tell nowadays. Grabbing her backpack she hurried downstairs to grab an apple and set off on her walk to school. Luckily, her dad was still asleep. She had about a 30 minute walk to get to the school, it was a time she enjoyed, a time where she forgot about the painful life she lived. She did have a few friends at school though, Elizabeth, Amanda, and Jeremy, they had been best friends for three years now, yet she still couldn't trust them with her biggest secret. She was bound to let it out sometime though, it just had to happen.
Sign up to rate and review this story