Categories > Original > Drama > The Best Kept Secret & The Worst Told Lies

So Many Questions

by MidnightxWarning 0 reviews

Karen has a secret, a secret that must not be told.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-07-02 - Updated: 2007-07-03 - 671 words

0Unrated
The first class of the day was always a bore, she had math, and of course, knew no one because she was in a advanced class with upperclassmen and nobody wanted to talk to her, so she sat alone. She sat there waiting for time to pass, just doing her work quietly until finally, the bell rang. The next class of the day wasn't so bad, it was english, she only liked it because Elizabeth was with her in it, and they always made it exciting. As usual they got the work done fast and just goofed off for the remainder of class. The bell rang and Karen got up fast causing sharp pains up her back, she winced in pain and Elizabeth gave her a worried look. "Karen.. You sure couldn't have fallen that hard.. Are you sure..." but Karen never heard the rest of it, she interrupted her and said "I'm sure okay, just lay off about it, geez." and hurried off to her next class. Which was science, Jeremy was with her in this one, she was glad because he was the only one who hadn't given her grief about her bruises and such. He never really was one to ask questions, he was a shy guy. Which was exactly what she loved about him, another thing she had to hide. Jeremy was the first one to talk to her on that first day of school three years ago, he had also been the one to introduce her to Amanda and Elizabeth, he had been there all those days where she cried over the death of her mother, cheered her up even. She sat down next to him and smiled "Hey Jeremy, I am so looking forward to this class" she said with a sarcastic tone. Jeremy laughed and agreed.

"So, uh, I hear that Amanda and Elizabeth are asking a lot of questons about your bruises and such.. Well, I just wanted to let you know that if you were lying, and something really was going on, that I would always be here for you, Karen. I really ...." And that was the end of that conversation, well according to the teach it was. "Jeremy! Can you let me teach my class now!" Ms. Everwood said sharply. "Yes ma'am.." Jeremy said sheepishly. And that left Karen to think about what he was going to say. He really what? Karen sighed, she would have to wait until another time where they could talk together.. The class passed by quite fast, and then it was lunchtime. Karen and Jeremy walked down to lunch together and on the way there Jeremy continued his sentence from inside the classroom. "Well, uh, back to what I was saying.. Well.. Karen, I r-r-really like you.." He said while turning a bright shade of red. Karen grinned and admitted that she really liked him too and had for awhile. "So, would you like to go out with me after school today?" Jeremy asked. Karen thought about what her dad would say and do if he found out, She'd just have to take the chance.. She agreed and gave him a big hug and they walked down to the spot they all always met for lunch, the four of them, and Karen shared the news with Amanda and Elizabeth, of course, they were happy for her, even ecstatic, because that's the sort of friends they were. Next thing they knew lunch was over and they were heading to their next class. Karen had gym, her least favorite class of all. All class she just thought about how great after school would be and then it was over and she was off to her last class of the day, geography. The whole gang was in this class, so naturally it went by fast, just as the bell rang Jeremy leaned over and whispered in Karen's ear to meet him at the park. She giggled and said okay and headed to her locker to put her books away.
Sign up to rate and review this story