Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Starting a new life and lie

Hidden talent?

by patdfan27 2 reviews

Sam spends the day with Pete and some of his friends. But what does Pete and his friends learn about Sam that is from her old life? Read rate and Review!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror, Romance - Published: 2007-07-03 - Updated: 2007-07-03 - 1419 words

1Funny
The next morning came by to quickly. I slept in too late and I had to study for a test. The girls were gossiping and stopped when I came into the kitchen to get coffee.

"Hey Sammy is it true that you had a guy over last night?"

"Yea, why?"

"Did you get laid? Sorry was I too blunt?"

"No, Sarah, and no I did not get laid."

"Why not? You're hot and can get almost any guy you wanted."

"Well I don't want to have sex with anyone anytime soon."

"Why but it is so much fun. Unless you are still a virgin."

"No that was taken away from me."

"As in...?"

"Just drop it." I went back into my room and slammed my door. I picked up my book and almost began to study. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through my phonebook and found Pete's number. I pushed call and heard the phone ring. After the third ring someone picked up.

"Hello?"

"Pete, it's Samantha."

"Hold on for one second. Pete there's some hot girl on the phone named Samantha. He'll be right out. So Samantha are you that one hot girl we saw talking to Pete the other night?"

"It all depends on which night."

"Hmm, that one night at the club were we performed and last night. Do you only like bassist because guitar players also know how to play with our fingers too. Ouch, don't hit me Pete. Ok here's your phone back, bye Samantha."

"Bye pervert."

"I am so sorry Sam that was Joe, he plays guitar in my band. And he can be kind of a pervert from time to time."

"It's ok, I guess. Am I calling at a bad time because I don't mind calling you later."

"Let me guess you don't want to study and you are in need to talk to someone right?"

"Yes."

"Great, I will be at your dorm in about 20 minutes."

"Wait what?"

"I know you don't want to study so spend the day with me. You can pull an all-nighter to study. So what do you say?"

"Pick me up in 30 and call me when you get here. The girls are here and they will jump on you like hyenas."

"Ok 30 minutes so be ready."

"Ok bye." I hung up the phone and quickly got ready. He called 30 minutes to the second and I was about to head out the door before the girls stopped me.

"Where are you going?"

"Out to clear my head, and I don't know when I will be back, so don't wait up for me."

"Wait Sammy." I quickly went out the door and went downstairs. I saw Pete's car and was about to hop in until he told me to stop. I crossed my arms as I saw him get out of his car and open my door for me.

"Well, aren't you a gentleman."

"I try." I gave a shy smile as Pete closed my door. He hopped back into the drivers seat and took off. "So do you want to see a private concert today?"

"Sure who's playing?"

"Some loser band."

"Fall Out something?"

"Yea something like that." He drove until he got to this house outside of town.

"So where are we?"

"We are at a friend of mines house." He got out of the car and opened my door. He then led us up to the door and knock on the door. The door opened up and a guy with a hat and glasses looked at Pete with anger.

"Pete you are close to an hour late and I wanted to practice some of our new songs."

"I know I am sorry, but I had something to pick up." He stepped aside and revealed me.

"Hi, I did not know he had practice and if I did I would make sure he wasn't late."

"She's cute Pete, was he late picking you up?"

"No."

"Go figure he is always late to practice. Sorry where are my manners I am Patrick."

"Samantha." I shook his hand and he looked at Pete.

"Pete has told me so much about you. Like how you would never give him the time of day. I guess he was wrong."

"Guess so. But I was promised a private concert with some loser band."

"Yea the band is a loser but the lead singer is pretty awesome."

"Really is he here, so I can meet him?"

"Yea right this way." He moved out the way to let us in. He led us down to the basement where two other guys were talking but seemed to stop when I followed behind Pete and Patrick.

"You must be Samantha. I must say you are much hotter in person than on the phone."

"And you must be Joe, you are much of a pervert in person than on the phone."

"Burn!" Everyone laughed and I turned to the other guy who I wasn't introduced to.

"And you must be...?"

"Andy, and no I am not a pervert like Joe."

"Good. Where is this concert I was promised?" They all laughed and played some songs that they recently just written. After they were done they all turned to me for my opinion.

"What do you want me to say? I only listened to your music once before and I thought you guys were good."

"And now?"

"That was pretty amazing for some loser band."

"Really?"

"Yea, you guys sounded pretty amazing. But in that one song 'Thanks for the Memories' the drums need to hold off until Patrick gets to the second part of the verse. It makes for a more dramatic effect." The guys look at each other and began to play the song again. After they realized I was right, they turned back to face me.

"You have a good ear."

"Yea thank my mother for that."

"I thought your mom died when you were younger?"

"She did, but she left a very detail list of what she wanted me to do. And music lessons were on the top of the list.

"Thank God for your mother." Pete said. Yea I thought. Years of all different music lessons paid off when I went to college my old life. I got a full scholarship for my music as long as I played in the marching band and that's where I met Derek. I was on drumline my first semester and he was my line leader. I thought he hated me but he asked me to stay and practice one day which turned out to be a date. He was a great guy I thought to myself but I blocked him out.

"So what instruments do you play?" Joe asked.

"You should ask what instrument do I not play. I played almost every instrument when I was growing up especially drums."

"Prove it." Andy says handing me his drum sticks.

"Ok." I took his drum sticks and sat in the stool. I closed my eyes for a minute and started to drum. After the set I dropped the sticks on the floor and got up. "Anyone else what me to prove what other instrument I can play?" Everyone shook their heads no and I smiled to myself. After the guys finished their practice, Pete took me back to my dorm. He parked the car and turned towards me.

"Any other surprises I should be aware of?"

"Yea my real name is not Samantha." He laughed and I rolled my eyes. If he only knew. "But seriously, thank you for today. I haven't listened to decent music in awhile and haven't played any instruments in about 6 months. So thank you for the amazing day."

"No problem." He smiled and looked down.

"What?"

"Nothing, it's just I would love to kiss you right now but I know my boundaries and know we are just friends right now."

"Right now?"

"Yea, maybe once we get to know each other then maybe we can be more than just friends."

"Maybe." I was about to get out when he stopped me and got out. He opened the door and helped me out of it. I smiled at him and gazed into his eyes. Without thinking I kissed him and he smiled into our kiss. I pulled away and smiled at him. "Goodnight Pete." I walked into my dorm and thought to myself maybe I am finally safe and ready to move on from my old life. Finally I thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story