Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Athazagoraphobia, And Other Things I've Forgotten

Owt

by Sticky 4 reviews

Pete and Marie hang out for the second time. Or do they?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-07-07 - Updated: 2007-07-07 - 749 words

1Exciting
After that day at the coffee shop I didn't see Marie again for a while. Well, that is I didn't see her in person for a while. I saw her every time I closed my eyes. When I went to sleep and night she was there in my dreams staring at me with that precious grin of hers.
The next time I saw her was on a warm spring morning. The birds were chirping and the smell of freshly cut flowers perfumed the air. I slicked back my hair and approached my darling Marie. Upon noticing me she leaped into my arms and we began the most passionate love making session ever recorded in human history.

Okay. I got carried away. That's not even close to what happened.

The next time I saw her occurred on a frigid December evening. Fresh snow and ice blanketed the road. The smell of frostbitten limps lingered in the frozen air. I decided to stay in my apartment for the night. My roommate Clare had gone out to the store leaving me alone. I was flipping mindlessly through the television channels when I heard a knock at the door. Expecting it to be a group of fans looking for autographs I grabbed a pen and slowly opened the door. Instead of a squealing preteen girl I was greeted by Marie's stern face.

"What are you doing here?" She asked coldly.
"Well. This is my house. I kinda live here. What are you doing here?"
"I came to see Clare. She didn't mention anything about you being here."
"Oh. Okay. She'll be here in a minute. You wanna come in or something?"
"Uh. Yeah" She said pushing past me and wandering into the apartment


Marie sat down on the slightly disgusting green couch and stared back at me with her huge make-upped eyes. She made me uncomfortable, but I loved every second of it.

"Can I get you a soda or something?" I asked shyly
"No, but you can get me a beer."
"Um, okay."

I walked into the kitchen leaving her alone in the living room. I rummaged though Clare's and my refrigerator in search of something alcoholic. Just as I grabbed hold of a half empty bottle of vodka I heard a noise from the living room. Someone was playing Panic! At The Disco's "Build God, Then We'll Talk" on bass guitar. With a Pepsi and shot glass of vodka in hand I walked towards the source of the noise. I nearly fainted at what I saw next. Marie had taken my bass off its shelf and was playing it. I set the drinks down on the coffee table and sat next to her on the couch. Anger pumped through my veins. No one touches my bass without asking. I wanted with every fiber in my body to rip her part with my bare hands. I opened my mouth to yell at her but the wrong words came out.

"Wow, you're really good" I exclaimed.
"I know" Marie laughed as she handed my baby back over to me
I watched Marie throw her head back and chug the shot. She obviously didn't care that I didn't bring her exactly what she had asked for. I didn't drink that night. I don't drink any night. Marie and I watched television for almost an hour. I gracefully draped my arm around her. She gave me a look like she was angry, but then she leaned in and kissed me. Just like that she kissed me right on the lips. She tasted like cotton candy and I couldn't help but want more. "Bye" she cooed just before kissing me for the second time.

"Wait what?" I said getting up and following her to the door
" I said bye." She repeated

Just as she was leaving Clare was coming in. The two girls smiled at each other but held no real conversation. Marie was on her way. Bewildered by what had just happened I asked Clare about her friend.

"Clare, What do you know about Marie?"
"Who?"
"Marie, that girl who was just here."
"Um, I just got home. I don't know who you had over while I was out."
"What? You just saw her as you were coming in she was leaving."
"No. I didn't see anyone."
"What the hell you even smiled at her and everything."
"Pete, I didn't see anyone."




(Author's Note: You're terribly wrong if you think this is a ghost story.)
Sign up to rate and review this story