Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Ninja's life of Confusion (revised)

Chapter 2: Entering the Hidden Leaf Village

by raptor102092 0 reviews

chapter 2 of kailah's story

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-fi - Characters: Iruka, Kakashi - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-07-09 - Updated: 2007-07-09 - 1327 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2: Entering the
Hidden Leaf Village

"Finally, I made it from the land of wind to the land of fire. Now, Kenya is in the hidden leaf village for training. I should start there, I hope she takes it well." I said to myself. Walking for about two days I made it to the village were my sister is staying. I looked at the gate that I was approaching, and that's when I realized I never thought of how to get in...do I need papers? Can I just go in? or...what?
"Halt, I must not allow you to proceed without the Hokage knowing so." The first guard said then continued, "Well, I can get a guard to come and take you to him."
"Well, thank you but I implore you I am of no danger. I am in search of my sibling you may know her, her name is Kenya." I'm pretty smart, but I'm not so sure if I should show it so much, from now on I'll try to hide it...from everyone.
"Oh, that is all fine and dandy but you still can't pass here without being from this village or having an escort from this village, Kina go find Kakashi to take our guest to the Hokage."
"Yes sir, right away." Kina, the second guard, said going though the gate. I waited for about 5 minutes thinking to myself.
I do not need to see that old Hokage I need to tell her. This is a waist of time, but I guess I shouldn't give them any reason to not trust me...it'll just be even longer then.
Kina returned with the man said to be Kakashi. He was tall; he seemed mysterious, mostly because his face was completely covered except his left eye.
"Is this the traveler Getsume?" Kakashi asked.
"Yes sir she says that she is looking for Kenya." he responded.
"Well, you must be Kailah am I right?" he asked, but before I could answer he continued. "well, in case you haven't noticed it's late. She is resting for her mission tomorrow I could wake her up but she gets touchy when woken up to early, is it important?" he asked. I haven't really paid much attention to the time...I have such good night vision, a dark night can seem more like sunset or late afternoon to me, I glanced up at the night sky, it really was late, the moon was really high in the sky. I looked back at Kakashi.
"Yes it is, I really need to talk to her." I said.
"Well, I guess I can wake her, but I blame you if she bites my head off.," he said all calm, cool, and kind of cocky. We walked through the village, I took it that it was busy during the day and calm at night, while it's almost the opposite back home because of how hot it gets during the day, I actually like the heat so it never bothered me to go out and play...when I was younger. We walked to a large house, we went in and the house was dark.
"Well, let's go wake her up, but I am telling you she won't like it." Kakashi said turning the lights on.
"Fine then I'll wake her up if you're so afraid of her yelling at you." I said.
"No. I will, I think she might yell more if you do It." we walked up stairs, in the third room I heard snoring, Kakashi stopped in front of the fourth door. "Alright wait here." Kakashi went into her room and said, "Hey Kenya I need you to wake up, come on get up HEY! HELLO ARE YOU ALIVE?!? KENYA GET UP!" Kakashi said getting louder.
"Hey! What's going on Kakashi sensei it's 1:35 AM we need our sleep...HEY WHO ARE YOU?" ask a girl that just came out of the third room half-asleep.
"I'm Kailah, who are you?"
"I'm Keiara, I live here, what are you doing here and Kakashi can you please stop yelling at Kenya to wake up she wont until morning like she always does."
"What do you mean she won't awake until morning? I need to talk to her now it's urgent."
"It's the way she is she hates being woken up so she doesn't get up." Keiara explained. that's odd...well maybe not, considering I was always able to sneak in and out of the house at night, and she wouldn't even stir.
"Alright she won't wake up so you will have to wait for morning. You'll have to sleep in Keiara's room, her room is larger and already has an extra bed in it, so is that ok?" Kakashi asked as he walked out of Kenya's room and closed her door.
"I suppose, just show me where to sleep and let me be." I replied just then I realized just how tiered I was, so I was more then happy when Kakashi showed me to Keiara's room and left me and her to sleep.
So, the next thing I knew was Kakashi, Keiara, and Kenya standing around my bed. And Kakashi was lightly shaking me. As I sat up in the bed, and fully woke up I remembered exactly where and why I was here, the message that I had to give Kenya.
"KENYA IT'S AN EMERGENCY I NEED TO TALK TO YOU NOW. It's about mother, father and the rest of the family!!!"
"now, Kailah just calm down, tell me what's up with mother and father." Kenya said.
"Well the thing is, they might be dead, or going to be and they think so to, the animals told them that there is someone after them. They told me to come and tell you they said not to come home but to stay here and, that you might not be old enough to run the house yet so they want us both to stay here if that is possible Kakashi?" I asked, looking at him.
"What? oh yea, you can stay here, I can talk to the Hokage to get your records transferred here, how long have you been a ninja?" Kakashi asked.
"What? ah...well, none but that's because all this started to happened, I'm only 12 years old, I was supposed to go into Suna's academy last year but...ummm..." I can't tell him the really reason why I couldn't go that year. "something, came up...so I couldn't start".
"Well can you perform any jutsu?"
"I am good at taijutsu and a little ninjutsu." I said
"Not as good at Lee." Kenya mumbled under her breath.
"Who is Lee?" I asked.
"Oh, just another ninja. Now they're going out or something like that." Kakashi said smiling.
"wait! what?" I said completely confused.
"Well, you can take the up and coming chunin exam with your sister." Kakashi said. They're ignoring me...oh well.
"That sound fine but what about passing the academy and stuff like that." I asked.
"oh right I can work with that I might be able to get you a spot in time for the graduation exam we only do that if it is an emergency but I think this is an exception." Kakashi responded.
"There you go Kailah that sounds good, what do you think Keiara?" Kenya asked
"Good I guess but I'm still confused who she is?" Keiara said.
"I am Kenya's younger sister, now what about you? Who are you?" I asked.
"ok well I was half asleep last night but, you already know my name so I'll just come out and say it I'm on your sister team and we train together to become stronger." she replied.
"Alright Kailah I say we go talk to the teacher, Iruka, and see if you can take the exam with the rest of the class, does that sound good?"
"Yes that is ok." I said quickly getting my shoes on.
Sign up to rate and review this story