Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Ninja's life of Confusion (revised)

Chapter 3: Meeting Naruto and Starting the Academy

by raptor102092 0 reviews

kailah get to try ramen for the first time as well as the academy, and she also meets a new friend.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Sci-fi - Characters: Iruka, Kakashi, Kazekage, Kiba, Naruto - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-07-11 - Updated: 2007-07-11 - 1808 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3: Meeting Naruto and Starting the Academy

Kakashi and I were walking around the village to find this Iruka person while Kenya and Keiara were training. Wha...oh we stopped. At a noodle shop?
"Kakashi is this were we'll meet Iruka?" I asked looking up at him.
"This should be the place but I don't see him, or Naruto." answer Kakashi.
"Who's Naruto?" I asked with a confused look.
"You'll see." he said with a smile that was hidden by his mask.
Great a secret, oh well, I will see soon enough. I looked around. Hmm some people are coming I wonder if these are them.
"Ahh, good Iruka so you did get my message, well, is there room in your class for Kailah?" asked Kakashi to the approaching man.
Ok so if the man is Iruka that must mean that the boy is naruto.
"Yes there is, but why did you want me to bring naruto?" asked Iruka.
"So they can get acquainted to each other."
"Ok, Naruto take Kailah and go sit over there you can order any kind of Raman you want but no more than 3 bowls. ok?" Iruka said, then he and Kakashi walked to another table and started talking about something, I couldn't hear them, even though I have excellent hearing...
As Naruto and I sat down Naruto showed me the menu. Hmm I will try the shrimp that should be perfect.
"Well what would it be?" asked the waitress a few seconds later.
"I'll have the chicken ramen." answered Naruto.
"And I'll have the shrimp ramen please." the waitress left to start our order.
"shrimp? not many people choose that," Naruto said looking at me oddly.
"so? I'm not like most people"
"what do you mean by that?" Naruto asked.
"its hard to explain really, I guess you could say I've been though something that most others wouldn't understand." I looked at him, knowing that wasn't really the answer he was looking for, in fact I think I confused him.
"and what does that have to do with ordering shrimp ramen?" he looked really confused.
"Here's your food would you two like anything else?" asked the waitress as she approached the table.
"No thank you" Naruto and I said.
"Ok then you two enjoy the food just give me a call if you need anything." then she walked off.
"oh, sorry I though you were asking why I was not like most people...I just happen to like seafood. that's why I got the shrimp" I just looked at him and smiled, he wouldn't understand even if I could tell him the whole truth. "It's good." I said starting to eat the ramen. "there aren't any places back home where I live that you could get something like this."
"your not from this village? Well I guess that explains why your entering the academy so late. So then what village are you from and why are you here to enroll in this academy?" Naruto said with noodles hanging out of his mouth.
"I'm from Suna...umm, my parents sent me here for extra training, as well as my sister" I can't tell him the whole truth, so I have to be careful on what I do tell him.
"...oh so this is one of those alliance things between our villages?" he asked swallowing the noodles and going for more.
"I guess you could say something like that" that's good I can use that as an alibi if any one else starts to question me too much.
When Naruto and I were done eating Iruka called us to tell us it was time to leave. I looked around as Iruka was talking. Where's Kakashi? He must have already left. Oh well, time for some training at the academy. Iruka turned and started to walk off fallowed by Naruto and me.
after about 15 minutes we arrived at a large building, the academy.
"Here's the academy Kailah" Iruka said as the three of us approached it. I followed them in and into one of the class rooms. "you'll sit next to Naruto since you already know him." instructed Iruka. I nodded, then fallowed Naruto to our seats.
"Ok students time for a test but, first a new student has joined us today, Kailah please stand up." I did, almost every one started at me in confusion and even a bit of whispering started up, then I sat down and Iruka continued. "now for the test you are all required to perform the transformation jutsu to pass. Any questions? No, good then first up Naruto Uzumaki."
Naruto stood up and went to the front of the class and the other students started to giggle.
"Why are people laughing?" I asked.
"Because Naruto is a complete loser and the class clown." a boy from behind answered my question.
"That's right." barked the dog that was sitting in front of him on the table. And the boy was right, Naruto was bad, he was supposed to change into the Hokage but instead he transformed into a really short old guy, well even though I don't know what the Hokage looks like I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a giant lower lip and a hunch back with slanted eyes. The way he acted at breakfast I didn't think he would be this bad.
"Hey what's your name?" I asked as Iruka called some one else up and Naruto walked back to his seat looking like he meant to do that.
"my names Kiba and this is Akamaru"
"cool nice to meet you." I said turning back to talk to Naruto about his little 'joke'
"are you really that bad? Or was it really just a joke?"
"...haha, it's a little of both really. But one day I'm going to be Hokage, so I don't need to pretend by transforming into the old man." Naruto said confidently.
"well, if you can't even do a simple transformation jutsu, how can you be so sure?" I asked.
Naruto just look at me with full confidence and said "because to become Hokage is my dream, its my goal."
I looked at him, thinking about the Kazakage, and his daughter, and his two sons, and how I missed being 6 years younger. I laughed a little.
"what are you laughing at?" Naruto asked looking offended.
"oh I'm sorry, no, no, no, I wasn't laughing at you." I said very quickly. "I was just...thinking about someone I use to know...back home. A long time ago." I said slower and sadly.
"oh, is something wrong?"
"no nothing really, well at least nothing you would understand."
"try me." Naruto said. He really wants to know...but I can't tell him. I'm forbidden to tell anyone.
"No, its to hard to explain." Iruka called up another person.
" what do you mean?"
"...its to hard for me to explain...just that. Hey Naruto I have some advice for you..."
"what?" he asked a bit eager
I smiled at his enthusiasm. "One day the goal of those who have one will be reached, and as for those who don't, they'll find one." I smiled again, "well, at least that's what my dad told me."
"Kailah Biatha." Iruka called my name.
I got up and walked to the front of the class to perform the transformation jutsu, problem was I didn't know what the Hokage looked like. Iruka would change it for me, right?
"Umm Iruka" I whispered awkwardly, "what does the Hokage look like? I have never seen him, could you change the person I have to change into?"
"sure try transforming into me." Iruka whispered back.
"Thank you" I said. I did a few hand signs and yelled "transform" I transformed perfectly...if it wasn't for the fact that I was the same height that I normally am.
"good enough you can go back to your seat." I turned and walked back.
"why didya transform into Iruka-sensei?" Naruto asked after I sat down. "you were really short too."
"oh...I don't know what the Hokage looks like so I asked if I could do some one else, and as for being to short...well, that's the only thing I can't fix when ever I do the transformation jutsu." I replied.
"Ok, oh and thanks for that advice...your dads must be a really smart man" he said. Iruka finished up with test and continued on with explaining other types of jutsu.
I smiled, "he is..."
finally school was over, every one got up to leave, and so did I. I started to fallow the class out but then Iruka called me and told me to stay. Once every one was gone I asked.
"Iruka-sensei why do you want me to stay?"
"Well, since you joined so late in the year, I'm going to teach you how to use some of the village hidden in the leaves jutsu here's a list choose one and we'll begin."
All I have to do is choose one sounds easy enough let's see. Umm I know.
"Ok how about the substitution jutsu." I said. That would be perfect in cause I'm under attack and I can't dodge.
"Starting with the basic, that's good common sense Kailah, ok now here is where we start."
Iruka and I went though about half of the list and before I knew it, our time was up and Kakashi came in to get me.
Back at the house Kakashi was off doing something while Kenya, Keiara, and I were out in the backyard somewhat training.
"So, what now? I practiced the clone and substitution and I tried transformation but I'm still my same height. what do you think Kenya?" I asked.
"Well you did well in the other two but considering you're about to graduate I think it is time you work on your Kekegenkai what do you think Keiara?"
"Uh? Oh...ah sure why not" Keiara looked up from her shrunken throwing.
"Keiara did you even listen to what we were talking about?" asked Kenya.
"Uh...no"
"Alright then whatever. hey Kailah, Kakashi won't be home for a bit and he said we could go to the training field if we need more room or some thing."
"Yea right, you are probably hoping Lee is there aren't you Kenya?" asked Keiara
Kenya blushed. "well of course I'm hoping he'll be there, after all, my sister needs to work on some of her taijutsu."
We continued to train a bit more, Keiara with her aiming, Kenya just watching over me trying to figure out how to use the Methugan, every now and then using it her self so I could see how it was done, but still nothing happened when I tried. Once Kakashi came home and we had permission to go to the training field, we left.
Sign up to rate and review this story