Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Mad By Association

Chapter 4

by poser 2 reviews

Mikey's got a friend or something like that

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-07-10 - Updated: 2007-07-11 - 1011 words

0Unrated
Number 4 : Hey man !

Another morning, of sour brotherhood. I'm sitting across the breakfast table from my brother, he's his unusual self today. Seems that whenever Gerard has a bad day, his foul persona rubs off on the rest of us. I'm so tired of this. At least Frank and Ray have their own homes to go to after, but I have to share a room with this sulky dude. Sometimes I just can't take it, and today is one of those days.

"Mikey, aren't you waiting on your brother?" my mother asked as I made a swift exit out the kitchen door. No, wasn't planning on walking to school with the grim reaper. "Yeah, I was gonna wait outside," I mumbled and walked away. I could swear I heard my mom say, 'have a good day', little does she know that my favourite day of the week is Saturday not any other day inbetween.

Leaning against the wall on the outside of our house, I waited. "Tried to ditch me?" I watched Gerard out the corner of my eye, as he walked ahead of me. "Everyday Gee, everyday," I told him what he wanted to hear, sarcasm as always, but today I did mean it. "It's okay to depise me Mikey, everyone else does," he claimed in a whatever attitude. "I don't despise you," I replied soon after, I'm not in the game of making my brother feel sorry for himself.

I walked behind him to avoid anymore of the conversation. He's just Gerard Downer, one dark cloud shadows him. The depressed boy and I parted our ways, when we entered the school court yard. He went to his building and I went to mine. Then we'll meet at lunch or where ever we bounce up in this pathetic prison. I feel sorry for him more than I do for myself. It's not like if he goes out of is way to be this way.

Kids are just fucked up and they don't give a shit about who they put down. I just wish there was a way to erase all his heartache. A simple thing comes to mind, that would be burning down the school, but who am I kidding, it'll be rebuilt in a weeks time. I took my normal path to my locker. I'm invisible in this school, no one notices me, or dare wastes their time hasling me. To Gerard this may be a blessing, but I figure it's a curse.

I wouldn't mind if someone calls me a freak, well I would, but at least my come back would be 'yeah I know, and I love it.' Call me weird but being a teenager is what I crave. "I'm alive," Frank said in his happy mood as always. You've got to like this guy. "Yeah it's pretty obvious," I walked up to Frank whom was waiting on me by the staircase. "Since when did the school get a male nurse?" Frank paused.

"The man was touching me inappropriately, then he gave me a lolly pop, so I changed my mind about reporting him to the cops," Frank joked as we headed upstairs. "All right," was all I could say. At least I'm in a better mood than this morning thanks to a little Iero humour. "So you're good otherwise?" I questioned. "Yeah, yeah," I took one look away from Frank and when I looked back at him, he went walking into the wall.

"I take it you're back to your normal self," I continued to walk up to the second floor. I left Frank ;who got caught up in a conversation with some other guy, so I went to my first class. Information Technology, not my favourite class, the AC is cold as Alaska and it just sucks. Why would I want to learn what 'http' means? Pretty useless crap is fed to me here, I rather chug a beer.

I look for a free computer that I can call my own for the next three quarts of an hour. On my way, I was called out with a, "Hey Man !" I turned around to see this jock gesturing for me to come near him. I cautiously walked towards him. Standing two feet away, I waited for his next move. "Can you help me, it froze?" he said tapping the keypad like an ape. Note that, I already consider jocks to be apes, but his attitude just confirmed my analysis.

"I don't know shit about computers," I said, and he said, "sure you do." "Just because I wear glasses doesn't make me a nerd," I stated, where is this confidence coming from? I better shut up before I too have to visit the male nurse. "I wasn't implying you were a nerd, man. No disrespect or anything to you, I just saw you walking by and I called you out Mike," he explained and only one thing he said stuck out to me, like spots on stripes.

"Mike?" I said in disbeilef. "That is your name right?" he questioned and I nodded. "Yeah, yeah, it is," I don't even know his name, but he knows mine, and all this time I thought I was a nobody. "All right, well I guess I'll have to endure Mr.Gibbs lecturing me about messing with the computer again," he went back to punching the keypad. "Oh I think I can help," I dropped my backpack on the floor and walked closer to him.

Pressing a few keys on the keyboard the problem was fixed. "There you go, good as new, or old, or whatever," I backed away when he stood up from his chair. "And you said you're not a nerd," he tugged me playfully on the shoulder and of course it did hurt. "Well I'm semi," I joked, picking up my bag and walking away before he patted me on the ass or something a jock would do.

Name : Mike or Mikey

Age : Old enough to get my own car, mom !

Goal : Has been achieved for the day
Sign up to rate and review this story