Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Athazagoraphobia, And Other Things I've Forgotten

Ruof

by Sticky 3 reviews

Chaos errupts at the Fall Out Boy show while Pete and Marie have fun at the carnival

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2007-07-14 - Updated: 2007-07-15 - 893 words

0Unrated
"I won't skip the entire show. I'll get there about half way through. I'll even stay after and sign autographs and take pictures with everyone to make it up to the fans. It will be okay." I told myself as Marie and I got ready for a fun filled night.

"It will be okay"

I looked in the mirror one last time. Perfecting my hair and outfit. I told Marie to wait in the living room while I ran next door to ask my neighbor a question. I knocked strongly on Dave's door. He came quickly to the door.

"Peter? Hey man? Are you okay..."
"Yeah. Hey I haven't been in town for awhile and I was wondering is the carnival still at the park on Main Street?"
"Yeah. They'll be there for the next few weeks."
"Thanks. See you around."
"Bye."

I was I walked back to my room I could hear my neighbor's conversation with his girlfriend.

"Who was at the door?"
"Pete. He wanted to know if the carnival was in town. I think he was high. He had a weird mismatched outfit on and there was make-up smeared all over his face. Plus his hair was all gelled to the side."


I got back to my apartment and Marie and I set off to have some fun at the carnival.
We had a marvelous time. She even got me to go on the ferris wheel with her. I'm afraid of heights but she makes me feel safe. People kept taking my picture and pointing at me the entire time we were there. It was strange. Usually fans come and say "hi" and ask for a picture, but these people didn't act like fans. They whispered to each other and pointed at Marie and I. Some took random pictures without saying anything to me. I'm pretty sure those pictures are already up on the Internet.

After a few hours I decided to go to the show. I asked Marie if she wanted me to drop her off at her house but she told me she wanted to come and watch me play. I happily drove her to the show with me. My ego glowing brighter than our high beams. Upon arriving I parked my car in the back and quickly walked into the building.

"It will be okay"

I opened the door and instantly heard the screaming. It wasn't the excited roar of the crowd it was a heart-breaking scream that echoed through out the concert hall. Suddenly Patrick came barreling backstage his face drenched in sweat and rage. He made eye contact with me and stopped dead in his tracks. "There you are! You better have a good excuse for this one. Do you have any idea what you just caused out there?" He shouted at me. I didn't know it at the time, but when Patrick said "Do you have any idea what you just caused out there?" he was referring to the now world famous fall out of Fall Out Boy. Now I obviously wasn't there as I was at the carnival with my precious Marie, but I have been able to piece together what happened from various people's stories. It all started fifteen minutes before show time. The boys were flustered and nervous, as I was not there.

"He'll be here" Comforted Andy as he sat on the couch eyes fixated on the door
"What he's not? Who will play for him?" Asked Joe
"I guess we could ask Jon from Panic! To do it." Replied Andy

With five minutes until show time Andy asked Jon to stand in for me. He agreed. The Three remaining Fall Out Boys and Jon traipsed out onto the stage they were greeted by a confused crowd.

"Pete is very sick. He will not be playing tonight, we have Jon Walker instead. Give it up for Jon everyone!" Explained Patrick wearily

They played the first song without a hitch. The next few didn't go off as smoothly. Jon didn't know the songs perfectly, but he was trying. Frustrated with his mediocre performance Jon spoke into the microphone

"Look guys. I'm sorry, but I can't do this. You'll have to play with out bass or go find Pete."

He walked off stage leaving the other boys dumbfounded. The crowd stood in silence. A few arrogant fans shouted "Boo!". Knowing he had been caught in a lie Patrick turned to Joe and shouted

"This is your fault! If you had gotten Pete addicted to meth he wouldn't be here instead of wondering around the city and getting wasted!"

"My fault? I didn't even give him meth! I gave him one blunt that's it! If it's anyone's fault it's Andy's he always complained about us smoking pot!" Retorted Joe the microphones picking up his every bitter word.

"Just because I care about your and Pete's health it's my fault that he doesn't show up? Come on! We could have expected this! He hasn't been to practice as much as he used to!" Screeched Andy.

It was around here that Patrick stormed off stage and I walked in the back door.

"There you are! You better have a good excuse for this one. Do you have any idea what you just caused out there?" Shouted Patrick after noticing me.

"It will not be okay."
Sign up to rate and review this story