Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Athazagoraphobia, And Other Things I've Forgotten

Xis

by Sticky 3 reviews

Peter goes home. Clare as plans for him.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2007-07-17 - Updated: 2007-07-18 - 1097 words

0Unrated
"I better drive" she sad staring at me empathetically.
I did nothing to fight back I simply handed her my keys and moved over into the passenger seat. We didn't talk for a good ten minutes. I was still trying to take it all in. I could not believe I had been kicked out of the band. I was in shock. I wasn't crying I wasn't even that upset I was only a bit shaken. Marie handled my car beautiful she took the turn coming into my apartment building's driveway smoother than I ever had. She parked the car and just before we got out my phone rang. I picked it up nervously. It was Clare.

"Peter? Are you okay? I just saw it all on the news. And. And. I'm really sorry sweetheart. Are you okay?"

"Wait, what? Saw what on the news?"

"The show and the band breaking up and your speech to the fans. It's all over the news. I'm glad you decided to get help. Ever since you mentioned seeing a girl in our house I was worried about you."

"What? It's on the news already? I never decided I was getting help. I don't need fucking help!"

I slammed the phone shut as dramatically as you could slam a cell phone. Then I led Marie up to my apartment. She didn't ask any questions. She just smiled back at me and held my hand tightly. I liked that about her she knew exactly how to handle me. Once we got to my door she suddenly kissed me on the lips and then announced that she had to go home. Dumbfounded I said my good byes and walked into my home. Clare wasn't home yet, which was good, I didn't feel like looking at her just yet.
I turned on MTV and watched the gossip the phony newscasters where saying about me. While listening to the television I began to sketch a drawing of myself on a piece of scrap paper I had left on my coffee table. I hadn't drawn in awhile, but I decided it would help me vent. I shaded the eyes and then looked up at the TV for a few minutes when I looked back down at my drawing I was slighting surprised. It looked like me, but it looked even more like someone else. The shape of the eyes and the firm lips looked more like Marie's than my own. I continued sketching the person not fully sure if I wanted the end result to be of me or of her. As I was perfecting the hair Clare came in the door.

"Peter." She said firmly. I looked up at her and then back at my drawing.
"I just want you to know I'm doing this because I love you." She sighed and then continued. "Tomorrow morning I'm taking you to psychiatric hospital. I think it will really do you some good." My heart stopped but my hand kept drawing. What was she thinking? I'm not crazy. Sure I was going through some hard times, but I wasn't crazy.

"Clare, I appreciate everything you do for me, honestly. But you need to back off on this one. I'm perfectly fine. I have a girlfriend who's there for me when I can't depend on myself and I have great friend like you who will always have my back. I'm not crazy."

"Your girlfriend's always there for you? Peter, she's only there for you! She isn't there for anyone else. You know why? Because you're the only one who can see her. She's not real! You have an imaginary girlfriend!"

"Marie is not imaginary! She's the realest person I know. She's beautiful and smart and everything I always wanted to be. She's perfect. You have no idea 'cause you've never met her. Trust me she's great! And she doesn't think I'm a fucking lunatic like most people around here!"

At that I grabbed my sketchpad and stormed off to my bedroom. I laid on my bed drawing until I had fallen asleep. Then in the middle of the night something woke me up. I rolled over to see Marie standing just in front of my door.

"I'm sorry I woke you. I was just worried about you." She confessed walking over to me. I grinned and allowed her to curl up in bed next to me. I didn't bother asking her how she had gotten into the house past Clare, I was just glad she was here with me. I ran my fingers through her hair, it was slightly curly and a pretty light brown color. I kissed her delicately on the lips and before I knew it I was having sex with the most gorgeous girl in the world. I went to sleep completely satisfied. It was as if Fall Out Boy had never existed. I woke not so pleasantly, to the sound of Clare's loud voice on the telephone. I strained to hear her conversation while I rested my head on my warm pillow.

"No. It can't wait."
"Yes. I understand that, but sir last night I accidentally walked in on him ...doing...well.... you know.... with a pillow."
"No, he's not a sex addict! He's under a lot of stress and he's made up this imaginary person in his head."

I rolled over to see if Marie was awake yet. Her side of the bed was empty. In her place was a tiny note.

"Dear Peter,

Sorry I had to leave so soon. Last night was great.
Hope to see you soon, Marie

P.S I saw your drawing, it's beautiful."


I held the note in my hand slowly running my fingers over her every word. Then my door burst open and in marched Clare.

"Please, get dressed." She said cleverly
"Why? It's like 6am. I have nothing to do today."
"Yes. You do. Hurry up get dressed."
" I don't feel like picking out and outfit."
"Then I'll pick one out for you. I'll even put the clothes on your body. All you have to do is corporate with me."
"All right. Tell me when you've got an outfit."

I shut my eyes as she disappeared into my vast closet. Seconds later she returned with a hideous t-shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. I didn't feel like fighting so I let her put the tropical themed t-shirt on me. It had little palm trees and flamingos all over it. Once dressed she drug me out the door not telling me where we were headed.
Sign up to rate and review this story