Categories > Celebrities > All-American Rejects > The Letters

Letter 5

by JMSBBHB 0 reviews

A mysterious author begins to write letters to a friend telling the story of a girl named Mara and how meeting a boy supposedly named Ryan changed the life of her and her bandmates.

Category: All-American Rejects - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-07-18 - Updated: 2007-07-18 - 3058 words

0Unrated
Dear Sexy

How have you been? I understand school has started again; therefore, I must write more often so you can entertain yourself during those boring classes you are forced to take. Well, to inform you of the latest of my whereabouts. I am now in Rome and I could not be safer. The holiest of men took me in. I hope you understand what I mean by that for I'd hate to be any blunter in the off chance this letter falls into the wrong hands,

Now I do realize I have not informed you why I am on the run and who it is that is chasing me. The reason is that I fear getting you involved in this mess. The less you know the safer you'll be! When all is settled I will tell you but for now I need you just to be the recipient of my letters for writing keeps me sane; therefore, you keep me sane. And I love you for it. But now let's get back to Mara for her life just got a lot more interesting. So I believe she just proved her new neighbor is Tyson Ritter of The All American Rejects, right? Okay, well, let's see what will happen. And the story goes on:


The sun was bright this mourning. Mara could see it shining through her eye lids trying to prod her awake, but she refused to obey it. Mara felt around her bed for her blanket, which had fallen off during the night, and when she found it, she pulled it over her head to block the blinding light. Now that it was nice and dark again she tried to go back to sleep, but she heard a sigh come from the other side of her room.

'Some one's in here,' she thought. So coming to that realization she opened her eyes and woke up because obviously some one was waiting for her to. After letting her eyes adjust to the dim lighting underneath her blanket, she dared to brave the light in her room and pulled away the cover. She soon found out just how bright the sun was and pulled the cover right back over her head.

A quick, quiet laugh came from the opposite side of the room. Mara was annoyed now because she didn't like anyone being in her room while she was sleeping let alone watching her. That's just creepy! So Mara once again pulled the blanket away from her face. This time with her eyes closed, and once she was ready, she slowly opened them. It stung for a second, but it was okay after that. Finally, she got a good look at the person sitting in her room, and she honestly couldn't say she was surprised.

"Good morning," the figure said rather cheerfully.

"Hey," Mara mumbled as she struggled to sit up. "What's up? Why are you in my room?"

"Um ...I need to talk to you," he stated awkwardly.

"Tyson, you couldn't wait 'til I was actually ready to get up?" Mara yawned.

"If you're always like this then you're gonna have a hard time being in a real band," he responded to her comment.

"I am usually not. Most of the time I am actually quite awake in the morning," she told him as she got up. "So what is it?"

"Um...," Tyson was a little thrown off by her frankness. He took a minute to collect himself. "Well, obviously now you know who I am, so I can't really hide that from you any longer, but I was wondering if you could like ..."

"Not tell any one else," Mara finished.

"Yeah," Tyson replied. "It's just it's so hard to get some peace when you are famous, and especially when the majority are teenage girls."

"I understand," Mara replied sympathetically. "I will make sure Tyson Ritter's presence goes unnoticed in this town." She smiled at him and he smiled back in relief.

"Thanks," he sighed.

"Anything for Tyson Ritter!" She joked then wondered why she kept using his whole name. "So how did you end up here anyway?" Mare asked.

"Well, after our last show of the tour in St. Louis, we decided to take a break for awhile before we started recording again," Tyson explained.

"Awesome, so there is going to be another album?" Mara questioned eagerly.

"Yeah, of course," he answered.

"Oh, sorry, go on," she apologized when she realized she interrupted him.

"Oh, it's fine." He waved off her apology. "So ... um ... oh right, well, I didn't want to go back to my house in (insert some big city Tyson would live in) because it's so crazy with people following you all the time, you know?" Mara nodded her head to show she understood and so Tyson went on, "So I thought I would go back to my parents' house, but I realized that by now everyone knows where that is too." Mara smiled and laughed because she knew that was more than true. "Well, so then I figured my best bet for some peace and quiet would be my aunt and uncle's house since they live in 'Nowheresville, USA' and so basically I changed my hair and stuff to make it harder to recognize me and then headed here," he finished.

"I see," Mara said soaking it all in.

"Yep," Tyson mumbled, "but I guess the hair cut and stuff didn't help, though, 'cause you could still tell it was me." Tyson looked a bit depressed.

"It's okay!" Mara encouraged him, "because now you have me to help, but with nothing left to say, the atmosphere suddenly became very awkward.

"Um..." Neither of them knew what to say next. Mara really wanted to take a shower and change into some normal clothes, but she felt weird asking Tyson to leave, She didn't want to be rude. Tyson, meanwhile, didn't want to leave because he was bored and felt sitting in awkward silence was better than going back to an empty house with nothing to do. He figured, though, that he had to break the silence if anything was going to happen. "You want to do something, today ... or like now?" he inquired hopefully.

Mara stood there for a second trying to become conscious enough to respond. Her day hadn't even begun yet, and he already wanted to go somewhere. Her brain hurt. A lot had happened in the last few hours and it didn't really hit her yet exactly what was going on. She didn't have to wait long, though, because two seconds later her brain finally kicked on. 'What the hell is wrong with you?' she yelled at herself in her head. 'Tyson Ritter, The Tyson Ritter, is asking you to hang out, and you're hesitating!' She hit her head in anger at herself. Tyson, who was patiently waiting for her answer, was a bit confused as to why Mara was hitting herself.

"Um ... do you?" he asked again afraid she had forgotten he asked her a question.

"Oh, Yes!" she replied quickly. "Sorry, I was trying to wake up," she laughed trying to brush off her moment of insanity. "But, of course. Let's do something. What do you want to do?"

"Um... I don't know," he admitted, but then he remembered, "Oh, do you have a mall or something. I need some new Chucks. Mine are falling apart," he cried.

"Yeah, of course we do," she smiled, "but do you mind if I take a shower before we go?"

"Oh, no," Tyson replied realizing (finally) that he did wake her up and didn't even give her time to get ready. "Sorry," he apologized, "I didn't even realize..."

"It's fine!" Mara reassured him. "Um..." awkward silence again, "Well, you can watch TV downstairs if you want while you wait," she offered trying to politely kick him out of her room so she could take a shower and change.

"Oh yeah," Tyson said as he got up realizing he was intruding again. "Okay, I'll be downstairs." He left the room, and Mara headed for the shower.

Okay, Moving on. No one cares what happened in the bathroom. You know your shower ritual so there is no need to go into it.

Mare found Tyson in the living room flipping through the many channels on the TV (yeah, all 6 of them). 'Dude, Tyson Ritter is sitting on my couch! This is so weird!' Mara thought. She shook it off, though. She knew she'd have to get used to it. Of course, for all of a sudden becoming a rock stars closest friend, she was handling it pretty well.

"Hey, ready?" she called over to him.

Tyson looked up surprised. "Yeah. That was quick1" he said as he pulled himself of the couch. "Man, I have not watched TV in a long time! There are so many things to watch. I can never pick one," he told the confused looking girl. She was obviously stunned by this information. "Well, when you're on the road it's hard to find time for television."

"Oh yeah," Mara said realizing that that was quite logical (or in lay-man's terms: DUH!) "That makes sense."

Tyson laughed at her. "Well, ready to go?"

"Yep." Mara grabbed her keys, and they both headed out the door, Tyson following Mara. Mara's car was just out in the street in front of her house.

"Yay!" Tyson yelled, "I love small cars!"

Mara looked at him in amusement and confusion.

"Yet again, it's a tour thing. When you travel on big buses for months at a time, you learn to appreciate small cars," he informed her.

Mara smiled and nodded her head to show she understood. 'Duh!' she thought again.

They hopped into the car, and Mara started the engine. When the car turned on, so did the CD player, and Tyson's voice came booming through the speakers. Mara blushed and hit eject immediately. "Sorry," she said, "I am sure you're sick of hearing that."

"No, that's awesome," he reassured her as he pushed the CD back in. "It's the old one, though, so it's cool 'cause I haven't heard these songs in awhile. Well, except for the really popular ones," he smiled. "Plus, it's nice being the one listening to it for once."

Mara smiled and nodded her head again. "You know I've always wondered that," she mumbled as she turned right onto to highway.

"Wondered what?" he asked.

"Well, whether or not you guys, that is musicians, ever listen to their own albums?"

"Not really," he answered. "I mean, of course, we listen to it a couple times after we record it to make sure everything sounds good, but for fun we listen to other bands, not our own. I mean we perform it almost every night so there's really no need to 'cause we hear it so often."

"I thought so," said Mara and she fell silent as she tired to concentrate on driving (not wanting to be the cause of the death of a major pop icon).

"Happy Endings" came on and Mara without realizing it began to sing. Tyson secretly began to smile. He loved hearing her sing his songs (no matter how bad it was at times). Mara had looked over at him, though, and seeing his smile realized that she had been making a fool of herself, but it's Mara. She did not care in the least and kept singing. She sounded like she was having so much fun, Tyson decided to join in. Mara loved it. She was actually singing AAR with Tyson. This was surreal. Was she really awake?

"I need to be pinched," she stated aloud. Tyson, though confused, complied and pinched her on the arm. "Ouch!" she screamed which scared Tyson. "Okay," she said after a second, "it's real."

Tyson didn't even bother asking because they had reached the mall, and he was too distracted by the sheer size of it. "Are we gonna be able to find them," he joked.

"Don't worry I know where to go!"

Mara parked and jumped out of the car.

"Think anyone will recognize me?" he asked starting to rethink the going out in public thing.

"Probably," Mara answered honestly, "but don't worry if they do I know what to do."

Tyson felt a little better, but was still scared of being mobbed. He sucked it up, though, and faced it like a man. They walked into the mall entrance, and Mara led the way to the shoe store. Tyson saw a few people look at him, but none of them looked as if they recognized him. "Thank God! Some peace," he thought.

Supermarket of Shoes came up quickly on the right. As he looked in the window and saw a good amount of Chucks, he got really excited and bounded into the store. Mara found it funny that no matter how old they are guys still act like seven year old boys. When she finally walked into the store, she saw Tyson was already staring at the many colors.

"So many colors which one should I choose?" he pleaded for help.

"Well, if you want to be classic go with the black, but if you want to be cool go with purple," she joked.

"No, black is boring and ..." Tyson pretended to look around, "Oh, darn, they don't have purple in my size!" he cried sarcastically.

Mara laughed, "I'm just kidding. Um ...I like the green and I think they'd look good on you," she said and Tyson gave her a funny look.

"Oh, do you?" he said seductively.

"Shut up," she replied. It was weird having him hit on her, but not bad. "Well ... what do you think?" She held up the shoes to him. He smiled and nodded to show he agreed. Tyson looked down the number of boxes to find his size. While he was looking at the boxes, Mara was looking around the store. She noticed the cashier, who was some teenage girl, was staring in their direction. She knew that stare and kicked Tyson. "Found it?" she asked.

"Yep, here it is." He stood up and held the box up as to display it.

"Awesome because we have a crazy, so you need to hide your face as much as possible and we need to get out of here before she has enough time to assure herself it's you. So Hurry," she said urgently because she knew if this girl figured it out some how the rest of the mall would find out. Tyson tried on the Chucks, and they fitted like a dream. "Okay, awesome! We're set," he said as he stuffed the shoes back in the box. Him and Mara walked up to the counter and set the shoes down.

"Did you find everything okay?" the crazy asked professionally as she scanned the shoes.

"Yes, thank you," Tyson replied as he handed her money. She smiled at him as she placed the money in her drawer and got the proper change. Tyson took the money and put it in his pocket.

Before he and Mara walked off, the girl stopped them, and Mara thought, 'Don't do it!' "Um..." the girl sheepishly said, "this might sound stupid, but are you ... um ... Tyson Ritter?"

"Smile," Mara whispered to him quickly. "Ha, no, he isn't," Mara laughed and Tyson followed suit. "But he does look like him doesn't he? Haha!" The girl agreed. "Between you and me," Mara whispered to the girl, though, it was still audible, "I'm only dating him because he has Tyson's good looks, but I'm not lucky enough to get the real thing so I had to resort to the second best."

"Hey, babe, I can hear you, ya know," Tyson played along.

"I'm just joking, hottie," Mara said as she walk over and gave Tyson a hug. When they saw she totally bought it, they left.

"That was fantastic!" Tyson exclaimed once they were a good distance away. "I would have never thought of a lie that simple, but perfect."

Mara smiled. She had to admit she was proud of herself, and she definitely didn't mind hugging him either. (hehe)

"Well, you better be ready to make it up to me," Mara complained sarcastically, "because it was definitely not fun playing your girlfriend!"

"I know. I'm sorry," Tyson pretended to be depressed. "Ooo, I know. I'll get you something for being so awesome."

"No, you don't have to," Mara wined.

"Too Bad! I'm going to," Tyson countered. He started to search around for a store where he could buy her something amazing. He actually just wanted to get her something because he liked her, but he figured saying it was because she helped was a better excuse. 'She needs something that really reflects her beautiful craziness,' he thought.

He ran around a little more than he found it. It was there in plain sight, right in the window.

I am sorry but the story must stop here for now. It is prayer time in the Chapel now, so I have to relocate. My hope is that I may stay in my current location for awhile, but, unfortunately, you never know what will happen. Especially when it comes to these people, they are smart and I don't doubt that they will find me soon. And I fear not even this holiest of places will be able to protect me, but no matter what happens I will keep writing. Before I write the next part I need you to do something for me. Here it is (your assignment): Write what it is you want Tyson to buy you on the back of a (new) very cute picture of Ry and Bren. There is a condition to what he buys you: it has to be something that lasts and there is no need to worry about money (remember he is a rock star worth millions). Give that picture to the girl who normally drives you and no matter what happens she'll be able to find me.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Yours Forever,

Beautiful



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sexy wrote an e-mail informing the author that a ring would be a perfect present for Mara as long as it was kind of crazy and fun. Pictures of Ryan Ross and Brendon Urie were attached.
Sign up to rate and review this story