Categories > Celebrities > All-American Rejects > The Letters

Letter 6

by JMSBBHB 1 review

A mysterious author begins to write letters to a friend telling the story of a girl named Mara and how meeting a boy supposedly named Ryan changed the life of her and her bandmates.

Category: All-American Rejects - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-07-18 - Updated: 2007-07-18 - 3102 words

0Unrated
Dear Sexy
This time I'll be brief and get right back to the story. I'm still in Rome, but I am not hiding in the Vatican any longer. The Cardinals felt my presence was becoming too dangerous for their peaceful life style; therefore, I had to find a new safe haven, which my comrades found for me. I am not sure where I am now, some strange building in a strange city. So at this moment I am just sitting here bored waiting to be moved again and this is why I write to you.
Before we go on, I want to say thank you for the pictures. It's been so long since I've seen their beautiful faces. One of those things I'm home sick for. ::sigh::
Okay, well, back to Tyson. I believe he had just spotted something for you ...

Tyson was staring in a window when Mara had finally caught up with him.
"What are you looking at?" she asked him as she walked up beside him to take a look for herself. A huge smile stretched across Tyson's face.
"What do you think?" he asked while pointing at a ring that was beautifully displayed. Mara couldn't answer him. She was preoccupied by the sheer beauty of the ring he was speaking of. Tyson's smile grew larger; he knew that her concentrated silence meant she loved it. "Come on," he laughed as he pulled her away from the window and into the store. Mara was reluctant to let the ring out of her sight for even one second, but she obediently followed. Mara stretched out her hand toward the ring like a child being dragged away from a puppy.
Once in the store Mara separated from Tyson so she could keep an eye on the ring while he inquired after it. Mara watched him as he caught a suave looking man's attention. "Yes, sir, how can I help you?" the man asked in a smooth sophisticated fashion.
"Um, I would like to buy that ring displayed in the window, please," he replied with just as much sophistication, throwing the jeweler off guard. He had not expected a boy as casual as Tyson to act just as proper as he without being sarcastic.
"Yes, sir," Mara heard the man say, "just let me get the key to the case." He walked away from Tyson and went behind the counter which was in the back of the store. While she waited, Mara looked around and out the window into the mall. She found two girls looking in the window eying something in the direction of the ring. Feeling threatened, she gave them a dirty look as if to say 'Back off. It's mine!' The girls were frightened so much, they instantly moved along.
When Mara turned back around, she found Tyson and the jeweler walking toward her. A smile quickly grew on her face again for she could not be more excited.
As the jeweler moved next to her he asked, "Are you the lovely lady this ring is for?" in his suave manner. Normally Mara would have found this extremely corny, but she was too happy to care.
The jeweler gracefully and carefully slid the petit key into the small round key slot cut perfectly into the glass, and turned it slowly as if to build suspense. Mara heard the faint click-click of the gears that indicated it had changed positioned and unlocked. Mara, realizing that opening this case was taking longer than it should, screamed at the annoying jeweler in her mind. Finally, he wrapped his delicate fingers around the glass door to the case, and as if performing surgery softly and gently pulled it towards himself opening the case of ...

Originally there was a weird little round creature with a bow here yelling: "Get On With It Already!"

Excuse me, little ... round creature!
Ok, so obviously the man took the ring out in his slow, careful fashion as Tyson and Mara both thought, 'Good God, man! It's not like it's real!' The man was expressing too much caution with something that didn't even possess anything remotely close to a diamond or ruby; it was ridiculous. It was just sterling silver and some pretty rocks there was no point in treating it like a relic. The jeweler finally passed the ring over to Mara to confirm her approval. She slipped the beauty onto her middle finger for it seemed to be the only one it wouldn't fall off of. It was almost a perfect fit, and it looked five times prettier on her finger than in the case.
"I love it!" Mara told Tyson, and he smiled.
"Wonderful!" the jeweler replied getting back to business. "Shall you be paying for it?" he questioned Tyson, who replied, "Yes," as they moved back toward the counter along with Mara this time.
The suave man rung them up, and the lovely total appeared on the tiny costumer screen but we won't get into that. Tyson paid the man with cash, of course, still wishing to keep his secret, and they bolted out of that store for they were already sick of it.
As they walked up and down the rest of the mall, Mara did nothing but stare at her hand.
"It's So Pretty!" Mara exclaimed.
Tyson laughed at her, but was proud he bought her something she loved so much. "I'm glad you like it," he smiled at her.
"Are you kidding me?! I adore it!" she told him finally pulling her eyes anyway from it to smile back at him.
"Well, where to next?" he asked wishing to actually reach a destination.
"Umm ..." BEEPBEEP BEEPBEEP! Mara pulled out her phone which was the object that was making all the racket. She flipped the top open and read the alert message flashing on the screen. "Umm ... we have to leave actually," She replied coolly. "I have band practice in like twenty minutes. Do you want me to drop you off at your uncle's house?"
"Actually, can I come with you? Or would you rather not have me crash your practice?" Tyson asked sheepishly. "Please, don't abandon me to boredom," he added quickly.
"Oh, of course, you can come. I just didn't know you be interested," Mara replied. "Well, let's go, then," she smiled and started to walk back toward the doors they enter the mall through.
Ok yadda, yadda, yadda! Mara pulled the car into her driveway, flicked it into park, and hopped out while she told Tyson she'd be back in a second. And she wasn't kidding because a second later she was running back to the car with a case in hand. She opened the trunk, gently threw the case in, (if there is such a thing as gently throwing) and hopped back in the car. "Ok, let's go!" she said as she flicked the car into reverse and headed back onto the street. And again yadda, yadda, yadda, Mara is driving, exciting!
After about ten minutes, they pull up to a bar with a large green sign that says South Side. "Dang, you guys practice in a bar?" Tyson cried.
"Yeah, it's Mickie's mom's bar. We would have practiced in a garage but this just seemed better," Mara joked.
"Yeah, I'd say so," Tyson said as they both got out of the car.
Mara walked back to the trunk and popped it open. She yanked the case out of the trunk, but Tyson stopped her and offered to carry it for her. "Aren't you adorable?" she joked as she handed him the case. "Thank you." He smiled, and they walked toward the back door of the bar and walked in.
Everyone was already there. Mickie was on the stage sitting on a box strumming on her guitar and singing something that sound vaguely familiar. Mara and Tyson just caught the words, "and I'll keep you my dirty little secret. Don't tell anyone or you'll be ..."
"Huh, that's ironic," Tyson mumbled, and Mara just laughed at him.
The other girls in the band, Eliza and Alex, were sitting at the bar while Mickie's mom got them some drinks. Alex was tapping her fingers on the counter and Eliza was intently listening to the beat. "That sounds awesome," Eliza told Alex when she had stopped.
"Hey chickas!" Mara yelled to them all.
Mickie looked up from her guitar right away and yelled, "Sexy!! What's up?"
Tyson gave Mara a look as if to ask, 'Sexy?' "It's a long story," Mara explained, so Tyson just nodded his head in acceptance.
"Hey, Sexy, who's the boy?" Mickie asked as she hopped off the stage.
"Umm ... this is ..." Mara began but was rudely cut off by Alex.
"Holy shit, you're Tyson Ritter, aren't you?" she cried.
Mara looked at Tyson unsure of what to do. She knew Alex would know right away that she was lying, and there was no chance she'd be able to trick any of them. Tyson gave her a nodded to say it was fine to tell them which made Mara feel so much better.
"Umm ... yeah, but you guys have to promise to keep this secret. No ones suppose to know he's here," Mara pleaded.
"Yeah, sure," they all replied but with puzzled looks on their faces as to why he wanted to be so secretive.
Mara got the hint and decided that she would explain it to them. "Well, right now they are taking a break before they start recording again, so Tyson came here to get away from all the craziness that comes with being famous. So the less people that know the better."
Every single one of them understood right away, and promised that their lips were sealed.
Mara smiled happy to have people to share this with. It was too exciting. Then she realized her manners. "Oh sorry, Tyson this is Alex, " she said as she pointed to the tough looking hottie to her right, "She's our drummer, and then this is Eliza," indicating the tall skinny blonde next to Alex, "she's the 'Nick' of our band," Mara laughed, "and this is Mickie, our lead singer," Mara pointed to the girl standing next to Tyson. "She's already been introduced in this story but you weren't in that part, so you wouldn't know her."
All the girls said some sort of greeting, all with some tone of amazement.
You know, you'd think if you met some one famous, you'd scream or faint or something extreme like that. You know, like in the movies when they babble excessively or flip out, but it's nothing like that. It's more like what was happening with Mickie, Eliza, and Alex. A silent wonder. A moment of disbelief. It's understandable even to Mara. For her, everything happened so quickly she never had this time of disbelief, but she still got it.
Mickie as always was the first to break to silence as she said, "Well, this is insane. Haha." She laughed she didn't know exactly what to say; she just felt the silence needed to be broken.
Tyson finally decided to talk, though, it wasn't that impressive. "It's really good to meet all of you. I just hope I'm not intruding too much coming here." He received many vigorous head nods to assure him that he was welcome.
After they talked to him for a bit asking him question about whatever came to mind, Mickie looked down at her watch and reluctantly interrupted, "Hey, you all, we better practice 'cause I have to go that hell hole of a job soon."
They all agreed and walked over to the stage. Mara told Tyson he could just sit where ever he wanted, as she headed over to the stage with the rest of the girls. Eliza already had her guitar on and was strumming something unfamiliar to Tyson. Alex did her finally check on her drum set then she sat down and twirled her sticks in her hands. Mara and Mickie talked while Mara got out her bass guitar from her case. Mickie was messing with her guitar the whole time, adjusting this and that. Mara tuned her bass, and once she was ready, they all decided on a song and began to play. Eliza started first with a light melody then Mickie softly hummed with it into the mic. A few seconds later, she began to form words.

"I hear you ...
I am listening,"

She sang slowly and beautifully while Eliza's singing guitar got a little louder.

"What about me?
Can you hear me?"

Now Mara's smooth beat entered in and Mickie and Eliza got louder.

"Don't you understand?"

Alex powerful drums jumped in and add the perfect emphasis.

"I've sat here ...
Listening,
Hanging on to every word.
I've hugged you,
And let you cry.
My shoulder's wet
But do I mind?
You know I'm here,
And you know I care.
I'd stay up late.
And wake up early.
I'd do anything for you
But would you worry?
Would you care for me
Like I did you?
Would you listen to me
When I'm blue?
Will you be there
When nothing's right,
And let me cry
And not mind?"

Mickie's voice with the beautiful combination of the instruments gave the song its amazing bitter sweet quality. Tyson was amazed. How had they gone undiscovered? The song filled his ear and pushed all thoughts out of his head.

"Wasn't I there for you?
So wouldn't you be there for me, too?" Mara cried.

"You're mad at me when I'm not perfect.
You expect me to say the right thing.
To always understand and be nice.
But I can't always be perfect.
I can't always be nice.
I am who I am
I hope that's fine."

Alex's booming drums finished the song off with a powerful effect. Tyson thought it was fantastic, and he wasn't the only one. The girls look pretty pleased with themselves. "You all, I think we finally got it!" Mickie smiled.
"Oh my God! You guys, that sounded awesome!" a voice from the back of the bar yelled. It was Arielle, the band's unofficial manager. She as always was impeccably dressed in her cute skirt and top. Arielle was an interesting character, kind of a paradox, for she was all business and fun and exciting at the same time, which made her a great manager.
"Ah! Merci, love!" Mickie sang back. "What news do you have for us, darling?" she asked as she and the rest of the band jumped off the stage. Arielle looked pretty pleased with herself, so they knew it was fabulous news.
"I am amazing!" she stated first to make sure they all understood that fact first. "I just got off the phone with the manager of The Nights, and he wants you to pay at his club tomorrow!"
"Honestly?"
"Shut Up!"
"No Shit?!"
"Holy Crap!"
Needless to say the girls were in shock. The Nights was THE club to play in. Most of the famous band who came out of their town got their start there. This was huge news.
"How did you get it?" Eliza questioned.
"Oh you know, I used my feminine wiles," Arielle joked which all the girls laughed at but knew she wasn't serious.
"No really," Mara said.
"I didn't have to do anything. Someone heard you all here, asked about you, then told The Nights' man. You guys left quite an impression."
"Holy Crap! This is awesome!" Alex cried.
"Seriously ..." Mara sighed, "Umm ... well, we need to practice some more then. Anyone else have any objections to staying later? Mickie?"
"No, I can call up Ryan to cover my shift. He owes me a favor anyway," Mickie replied as she walked over to the bar to call him.
"Eliza? Alex?" Mara questioned.
"Nope, I'm just missing a long night of watching T.V." Eliza replied light-heartedly.
"Me too," Alex agreed.
"Awesome! Let's get back to it then," Mara said and the three of them got back on the stage. Each picked up their instruments (or sat behind it) and started to practiced the instrumental parts of their songs while they waited for Mickie.
Mickie successfully got out of work and closed her phone. Just then she realized Tyson was sitting right next to her which freaked her out. It was too weird being this close to a celebrity.
"Oh, hello," she said unsure exactly what to say to such a person. "Do you like what you hear so far?"
"Yeah, that song was amazing," Tyson replied enthusiastically which made Mickie happy.
"Really? You think so?" she asked in amazement.
"Really, what is it called?" he questioned.
"Oh, It's 'I'm Listening ... Are You?'," She told him sheepishly. "It's not the most creative of titles but it seemed to fit."
"No, it's good," he reassured her. "Will you sing it tomorrow?"
"Yeah, most likely." Mickie hopped off her stool. "Sorry, I have to go sing," she smiled and ran off.
Tyson watched as she jumped back on the stage where she seemed to gain all her confidence back. He could tell that's where she felt most comfortable. He could actually see it in all the girls. The stage was theirs. They had great control of it, and knew just how to use their space. They started another song. Alex began it this time with her smooth beat. The rest of the girls jumped in right away. Eliza with her beautiful melody, Mickie with her soft but strong voice, and finally Mara and her amazing rhythm. While they were amerced in their song, Tyson pulled out his cell phone, searched through his contacts, and pressed 'phone.' The ear piece started ringing and after three "brrrriings," a voice answered with a loud, "Hey!"
"Hey, dude,' Tyson replied softly, "Where are you right now?"
An inaudible reply came and Tyson respond, "Well, can you get here tomorrow afternoon?"
Another inaudible reply and Tyson said, "Awesome, I'll call you again tomorrow." And with that, he closed his phone and went back to listening to the girls.

I'm sorry this is where I must end it for now. Timothy, my comrade, is here; therefore, it's time to move again. Please, as always write me back soon and tell me your thoughts. I eagerly await your reply. It's what keeps me entertained. I trust by now you know to whom the letter goes. I will write again soon and inform you of whom the mystery person on the other side of the line was, but for now I must go with great hast.

With Great Love,
Beautiful
Sign up to rate and review this story