Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > An Unexpected Birthday Present

A Different Kind of Meet & Greet

by awe-or-sympathy 3 reviews

A fan's golden birthday turns out to be more than she ever imagined when she attends a concert for Panic! At the Disco.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-07-18 - Updated: 2007-07-19 - 953 words

0Unrated
Ryan's POV
I'd been sitting in the room for what seemed like a long time, but unless I was constantly watching the clock, I could never keep track of time. After a while, I didn't even remember why I had gone to the room. Did I feel inspired after the show, or did I just want to be alone? Maybe both or maybe neither, but I was still there alone for the time being.

Footsteps always made me paranoid. I left the door unlocked, so anyone walking by could easily step inside, and it just made me nervous. As soon as they would fade, however, I wouldn't think much of them. Nothing was enough to be concerned with until I heard an odd sound that more than anything sounded like a collision. Then, a voice apologized. By then, I was listening intently, hoping that whoever it was would go away and leave me alone. All of those hopes were shot down once the door opened and a girl appeared to be shoved in the room by the other person.

She didn't seem to notice that I was there, so I stayed hidden for as long as I could, watching her as she desperately attempted to open the door. Then, she began shouting furiously to the person that had been on the other side of the door; I believe the girl was saying "Abby." Another minute passed, and the girl was still yelling and pounding at the door. Some part of me couldn't help but feel sorry for her, so I offered her some help, praying that she wouldn't start screaming and run up to me right after I finished speaking. "I don't think she's there..."

I watched her carefully. At first, she froze, and then slowly turned around, eyes wide as they looked directly at me. That was when something clicked in my mind. I realized that I had seen her somewhere before, but the location, I didn't know. But solely on that fact, I was put at ease. She didn't look all that threatening anyway. "Sorry if I scared you." I trailed off quickly. "I'm-"

"Ryan Ross?" she cut me off. I nodded slowly, not showing how her words really made me feel. I was slightly disappointed. I mean, I couldn't even introduce myself without her going off and saying my name. It seemed impossible to really meet someone now that fame had come upon me.

Amanda's POV
I still didn't believe it. I had attempted to drill one thought in my head; that I was dreaming. I must have been dreaming. To me, the fact that I was standing a few feet away from the actual George Ryan Ross was beyond me. Sure, I had seen him on stage, but that was so much different. On stage, he was still so far away and out of reach, but there in that room; I could have gone up and kissed him if I wanted to. There was another thought floating about in my head, though, and that was that you only get one shot at a first impression. If I would have gone and kissed him or done something that was completely out of my own normal behavior, he would get the wrong one. So I merely stood there, my gaze softening on him as he began to speak again.

Inwardly, I swooned. Just the sound of his voice as it was directed to me made my heart skip a beat. It wasn't even anything personal. We hadn't even met properly, but I still got shivers at his own genuine words. "Sorry if I scared you. I'm-"

I knew what he was about to say, and in my head, I said it, but for some reason the name had slipped out of my mouth, and I mentally berated myself for it afterward. He nodded and smiled a cute little half-smile at me. At the sight, I gave one of my own in return but then looked down at my orange Pumas, still rebuking myself inside. For as long as I can remember, I have always been shy. I guess you could say that I'm afraid of what other people think of me, and that fact was definitely true at that moment. It was Ryan Ross. You don't meet such an amazing person every day.

A few moments of silence passed before he spoke again. "What's your name?"

Eyes still glued to my shoes, I replied. "Amanda." My confidence was rapidly dropping by the instant. I kept asking myself in my head why I had to be so shy, but nothing ever came up in return. This was a once in a lifetime chance that I was in, and I might as well have been tossing it out the window at the rate things were going. But I was determined. After the next thing he said, I promised myself that I would give a confident answer.

"I might be wrong, but I haven't I seen you somewhere before?"

It couldn't have been a better question for me to answer. I looked up, eyes searching for his, and smiled. "Tonight, at the concert you looked at me. My friend let me sit on her shoulders." I hesitantly took a step toward him as I spoke. After all, there was quite a bit of distance.

Ryan nodded in response, as if he was recalling exactly what had happened. "Oh, yes, I remember." His smile matched mine. "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Amanda."

My smile broadened, although I refused his words in my mind. There was no way he had just said that. "It certainly is, Mister Ross, but I believe we're locked in."
Sign up to rate and review this story