Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Confessions of a Punk Rock Princess

We'll get lost on this dance floor

by AshleyxHollywood 3 reviews

charity event.breakups.possible shotgun wedding.possible hook up yes/no?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-07-19 - Updated: 2007-07-20 - 1037 words

1Insightful
Two months later

The press eventually gave up. I kept away from Ryan and he kept away from me. It wasn't hard according to teen magazines, Panic was recording in some Las Vegas woods. I didn't know Las vegas had enough trees to make woods. I was fully enjoying my new rights as an 18 year old. I was getting involved with Rock The Vote 2008, I started doing charity work, I even allowed Frank and Bob to take me into a porn shop. As soon as I saw Penis pops I ran out of there though. They had a creamy marshmellow center. I was freaked out.

"Miss Ashleigh, I have your dress for the ball tonight" Tamara said walking in my room with a garment bag.

"Thanks, you can lay it on my bed" I said straightening my hair. Tamara sat down on my couch.

"So yous got yourself a date for the ball?"

"Ha, no. Boys make life complicated"

"yes they do Miss Ashleigh but let me tell you. Nothing's better than finding that true love."

"One day, I hope I will find it. If not I'm buying all of Bunny's offspring and breeding them"

"Yous gonna breed cats?"

"Sure, you can breed dogs, why not cats?"

"Yous a crazy white girl" She said shaking her head. I ran my fingers through my now straight hair. I took my time doing my make-up. According to Mikey I had enough MAC make-up to make-up the entire country of Hungry. I pointed out that people in Hungry are probably hungry for Chile. I don't think he got it cause he didn't laugh. I slipped into my long sky blue ball room dress. Tamara did a really good job picking out my accessories for this dress. I'm horrible when it comes to accessorizing. Thats the whole reason behind me getting a stylist. I some how learned to believe that pink and brown actually look cute together.

"Miss Ashleigh, your limo is here" Tamara yelled from downstairs. I walked downstairs feeling like it was Prom all over again.

"You look gorgeous" Alicia said smiling at me.

"Yeah, you look stunning" Jamia nodded in agreement. I got in the limo and told the driver to leave. I arrived at the ball, I, just like all the others had to walk the red carpet. I got out of the limo and guess who I saw...

No I didn't see Ryan Ross or panic at the disco. I saw Pete and Ashlee and Ashlee was rubbing her stomach like she was pregnant. My jaw hit the floor. William walked up behind me.

"You might want to check out her rock" he said walking with the guys down the carpet. I still had my jaw dropped. Engaged and Pregnant???? Travis walked by and pushed my jaw up.

"Didn't your mom tell you its rude to gawk at people" he said laughing at me. I walked down the carpet. Tons of interviews asked me the same questions over and over again.

"Who are you dating?"

"Whats your next career move"

"What do you think about Britney Spears shaving her head?"

I finally entered the ballroom and immeadiately was approached by none other than Ryan Ross. I tried to engage a conversation with Daniel Radcliffe but he was too busy with Emma Watson to listen to me, so I had no choice but to face Ryan.

"Hey" he said

"hello" I said being polite. Three hours later I was sitting at a table talking to Ryan like we were the best of friends. My phone kept vibrating inside of my clutch. I finally shut it off after awhile.

"So Ryan, hows things with you and Kelsey?"

"Keltie? We broke up a month ago"

"Sorry to hear...why what happened?"

"She cheated on me while we were writing and recording"

"Ick cheating. It sucks being cheated on."

"Yeah, hey um, do you wanna...you know...dance?"

"Um, sure" I said taking his hand and following him onto the dance floor. We danced to some random techno song. In the heat of the dance, my lips quickly met Ryan's. I don't know why but I felt a sudden urge to kiss him. Immeadiately my heart started racing and my stomach doing flips. As the song ended, a slow one started playing.

I've got a funny feeling
The moment that your lips touched mine
Something shot right through me
My heart skipped a beat in time

There's a different feel about you tonight
It's got me thinkin' lots of crazy things
I even think I saw a flash of light
It felt like electricity


Ryan put his arms around my waist and pulled me close.

You shouldn't kiss me like this
Unless you mean it like that
Cause I'll just close my eyes
And I won't know where I'm at
We'll get lost on this dance floor
Spinnin' around
And around
And around
And around

They're all watchin' us now
They think we're falling in love
They'd never believe we're just friends
When you kiss me like this
I think you mean it like that
If you do baby kiss me again

Everybody swears we make the perfect pair
But dancing is as far as it goes
Girl you've never moved me quite
The way you moved me tonight
I just wanted you to know
I just wanted you to know

You shouldn't kiss me like this
Unless you mean it like that
Cause I'll just close my eyes
And I won't know where I'm at
We'll get lost on this dance floor
Spinnin' around
And around
And around
And around

They're all watchin' us now
They think we're falling in love
They'd never believe we're just friends
When you kiss me like this
I think you mean it like that
If you do baby kiss me again
Kiss me again


The song ended and Ryan held onto me for a moment longer.He looked me in the eyes, as if he was waiting for an answer to an important question. I smiled and thanked him for the dance. I walked away and went into the girls bathroom. At a time like this a girl desperatly needed her best friend.
Sign up to rate and review this story