Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Romance Is Dead

Chapter Nineteen

by rainydaykid13 1 review

I despise this story :D

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-07-28 - Updated: 2007-07-29 - 879 words - Complete

0Unrated
Patrick sat at the table, tapping away at his laptop, diligently working on a new track on his GarageBand.

For once he was alone. Naiya and Pete had taken Petey to the doctor for a check-up, Kendall was in school, and Joe had to work.

Where Andy was, Patrick didn't really care, just as long as he wasn't there with him.

He nearly jumped when the doorbell rang, jerking him back to reality.

He slowly made his way to the front door as the visitor impatiently rang the bell again.

Patrick felt his face fell as he opened the door to find Addie standing on the other side, nervously tapping her toes.

He tried to keep his cool, but he was surprised.

Consciously he tried to refrain from showing emotion as she silently watched him from just outside the threshold.

Patrick adjusted his glasses and fiddled with his hat, stepping aside to let her in.

"Patrick, hi," she smiled softly, as he crossed his arms over his chest defensively, leaning against the back of the sofa.

He laughed nervously,"Why are you here? Leave something in Andy's room? Or are you just looking for some action on your lunch break?" he scoffed.

"Actually I wanted to talk to you," she said, not once taking her eyes off her shoes.

"You wanted to talk to me?" he said disbelievingly,"You actually expect me to welcome you here with open arms after the shit you've done to me?"

"Patrick it was an accident."

He raised his eyebrows,"Oh really?"

"I was in our room," he shook his head,"Your room. And I was putting something away, and he came in."

"And then he fell on you," Addie shook her head, still staring at her shoes.

"And he... Then we... Patrick he was... flirting with me."

"And then he fell on you?"

"He just came on to me and... yeah."

"So if someone hits on you you just let them get in your pants just like that?"

"No, I'm not that way, I just couldn't help it. I was vulnerable, and you weren't there. It was just... convenience."

"So what, you sneak around behind my back and sleep with one of my best friends, and then when I get home you want more?"

"No! You got onto producing that album - that fucking album, and it was like I wasn't even there. You were never home, and when you were your attention focused on your damn laptop or Kendall. You just kind of forgot about me."

"I didn't forget about you!" he shouted, throwing his hands into the air. Suddenly it was as though a bubble of energy had burst somewhere inside of him, "I hate to break it to you but my job and my family come first!"

"And where exactly did that put me?!" she retaliated. She had come with the intentions of apologizing with Patrick, and breaking up with Andy. She had no feelings for him whatsoever.

"In case you forgot, if you hadn't screwed around on me, you would be family!" he reminded her, "But no. And the worst fact of the matter was that I had to hear it from my daughter. My nine year old had to tell me that she walked in on you two! And then I find out that you came to her door, blackmailing her so that she wouldn't tell!"

"It's not like that," was all Addie could manage.

"Ok, then how is it?"

"I was just tired of having to compete with Kendall and your job. You were already and accomplished musician, and a producer, and a father, I was just waiting for you to prove yourself as my boyfriend. Didn't I mean anything to you?"

"Of course you did!"

"Then why?"

"Unbelievable," Patrick sighed,"You come here, probably thinking that I'll just take you back - just like that - and have the nerve to stand there and tell me that you're more important than my music, and my daughter. And then, on top of that, you try to make it sound like this is my fault! Unbelievable!"

"No, that's not what I'm doing -"

"-You are wasting my time. You're never going to be more important than my music, and definitely not my child. Don't even flatter yourself. You're not worth it."

"So what was I supposed to do?! Just stay off to the side, and whenever you were in the mood suddenly I was everything?! Just an easy fuck?!"

"It would help if you would have supported me!"

"You didn't need anyone to support you, Patrick! You had -"

Finally Patrick couldn't take it anymore, he missed her.

He needed her in his life, and he was going to get her, no matter what it took.

And this time, he wouldn't let her get away.

He leaned forward, his lips crashing down on top of hers, his hand landing on her hip, the other knotted in her hair, pressing her against the wall.

Seconds passed, and caught in the heat of the moment, she opened her mouth slightly, allowing his tongue to caress hers.

Just then, the door opened, and Kendall entered the house, immediately dropping her books on the ground, as well as her jaw.

"Dear God," she said, "This is redundant."
Sign up to rate and review this story