Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > No Matter What They Say, Don't Believe A Word

Chapter 12-Daddy Shortlegs

by xxACoalminexx 3 reviews

Kristina goes through a set of events (have i told you how much I suck at summaries?)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2007-08-13 - Updated: 2007-08-14 - 835 words - Complete

0Unrated
Todd came and picked us up, except this time I sat in the back with Pete and kept up a steady stream of stories about the concert, trying not to brag about my autographed hoodie. Pete seemed to be in a much, much better mood now.

"You should've have been there, Todd! At this one point, Peter Hook threw a guitar pick into the crowd and Kristina caught it!" he exclaimed

I pulled the pick out of my pocket to show him, "Yeah, see, here it is."

"Wow! Sounds like you guys had a good time," Todd looked back at our excited faces through the rearview mirror.

"Yeah...we did," Pete smiled at me and took my hand. I blushed but thankfully, it was dark and nobody saw.

"The next thing to do is successfully get into my room without getting caught," I said when we got back. Todd had gone inside to give us 'some alone time' as he had said, grinning cheekily. So Pete and I were standing right in front of his house.

"Yeah, unless they haven't already found out you're not there," He looked at me mischievously.

"Don't scare me Pete, 'cause if they do find out, I'll be locked in my room for all eternity and they'll probably bar the windows and I won't be able to sneak out for the dance!"

"Oh...well, I just wanna say sorry again for saying you might cheat on me. I know you won't," he looked down.

I smiled, "I thought we'd already talked 'bout this? Don't worry about it," I lifted his chin to look at me. "Well, g'night."

‽G'night,” he smiled back.

I started towards the fence, but he caught my arm, "Hey, don't I get a good night kiss?!"

I blushed and gave him one on the cheek, then ran. I got into the room and then peeked back out; Pete was still standing there, smiling. I smiled back and waved, then got into bed. Well, now I knew that I hadn't been caught.



I awoke to my dad shaking me, "GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE! TIME TO GET UP!"

Curse his cheerfulness. How can anyone be so perky at 6 AM? I sat up groggily, rubbing my eyes, "How did you get in? The door was locked."

"I picked the lock." He said, as if it was perfectly normal for a 49 year old to do so.

I shook my head. I have the strangest dad on the planet.

"Kristina," his tone suddenly got serious, "...what are you wearing?"

I looked at my hoodie, "A hoodie?"

"Why does it have writing on it?" he raised his eyebrows.

OH DAMN! I had forgotten to take it off last night. I thought of something quickly, "My friends signed it,"

"Peter Hook," he read.

"Yeah...uh....that's the guy who lives next door. The one who kissed me," this was probably a bad time to bring that up...

"Really? I thought his name was Peter Vents or something,"

"His name's Peter Wentz....but he calls himself Peter Pan sometimes. So the day he signed this, he called himself Peter Hook, you know, a crossover between Peter Pan and Captain Hook." I don't know how I came up with that so fast. I'm improving on my lying skills! But I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing.

"Stephan Norris, Gilian Gilber, and Bernard Summer?" he read off the other names, or attempted to.

"Stephen Morris, Gillian Gilbert, and Bernard Sumner," I corrected.

"Who are they?"

"They're...other friends," I lied.

My father smiled, "Hon, you may be able to fool your mother with your lies but you can't fool me! I know that those people are not your friends; they're members of your favorite band. I just wanted to see if you were going to tell me the truth or not. Oh, and I also knew that you weren't going to get a job long before your mom actually found out."

I opened my mouth and started babbling, "How? When? You know about New Order? That's so cool! Wait, why didn't you tell mom? Or did you? She's gonna kill me!"

He laughed, "I'm not as out of the music scene as you think I am! And, no, I didn't tell your mom. I didn't like what she said about you not standing a chance in soccer. It's pointless to crush a child's ambition. It might be hard, and extremely so, for you to be a pro soccer player, but it's not impossible. With all the practice you're putting in and everything...it's cruel to say you can't do it,"

I smiled and threw my arms around his neck, "I love you, daddy!"

He patted my back, "Get changed, Kris. If your mom finds out, you're in huge trouble."

"So you won't tell her?"

Did you hear anything I just said to you?!" he shook his head in mock-annoyance.

I laughed as he shut the door behind him. I have the best dad on the planet...
Sign up to rate and review this story