Categories > Celebrities > All-American Rejects > The Letters

Letter 7

by JMSBBHB 0 reviews

It's a big show for the girls and Tyson is going to be there with a guest. Who is this person that Tyson thought should see the girls play?

Category: All-American Rejects - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-08-15 - Updated: 2007-08-15 - 2338 words

0Unrated
My dearest Sexy,

As always I will inform you of my whereabouts. Timothy, my other comrades, and I are now in China. This time we are all together, and let me tell you it’s much nicer to hide with friends than just myself. We felt being together would be a lot safer so we can look out for each other. I must tell you about our house, though, for it is amazing. We are staying in the old home of a Geisha. It is quite beautiful and it is fascinating to be in a place that has seen such interesting history. It is funny that being on the run can be so cool.

But let’s get back to the story. I believe I left you at practice with Tyson who called some mystery person. I wonder if you have figured out who it is yet. If not, I still think you won’t be surprised. From what I hear you are pretty good at guessing so I guess I’ll just have to be sneakier. Okay, well, let’s see what’s gonna happen to the band:


TIME LAPSE

“Hey, Tyson?” Mara questioned into the mic of her phone. A second later she received an enthusiastic hello as his reply. “Hey,” she said again this time with confidence, “I was just wondering if you wanted to drive with me to The Nights tonight?”

“Um … actually … No,” he told her and she wasn’t exactly sure how to take that. Should she feel insulted?

“Oh,” she simply replied not sure what else to say.

Tyson, understanding that he didn’t exactly explain himself well, quickly added, “I mean I’d love to go with you. It’s just that I have a few things I need to do before tonight, but I promise I’ll be there tonight!”

“Oh, okay!” she replied almost laughing about that misunderstanding. “Well, I’ll see you tonight, then.”

“Yep,” he responded simply.

“Alright, bye!”

“Bye!”

They both hung up. Tyson threw an a shirt and headed out to his car, and Mara went back to the impossible task of deciding what to wear. ‘Ahh!’ she screamed in her head as she stared at the pile of clothes on her bed, ‘This is impossible!”

TIME LAPSE

It was amazing! They were actually getting ready in the same dressing room so many of their idols had changed in! Though, of course, it wasn’t as cool as meeting one of their muses, Tyson Ritter. Mara was actually friends with a rock star girls would give anything to just touch! Not only that but he also loved their music and was coming to their gig! How Cool?! Well, at least, she could have sworn he was coming. He had promised, but none of them had seen him yet.

‘Well, isn’t that always the case,’ Mara thought then laughed at herself for using such an old phrase, ‘It happens all the time someone promises to be there for you and they never show up!’ Now, she was upset until she realized that isn’t actually the case, though storytellers would like you to think so. It apparently keeps the reader in suspense. (Well, I think that’s bull, honestly. All it does is make the reader angry!) ‘What’s probably going on is that Tyson is there (or here) and is in a shady corner. That is why we can’t see him from the stage,’ Mara thought hopefully. And guess what, she was right because it was only logical that Tyson would want to sit in a place where not too many people would see him and his guest. That could cause a lot of distraction which he really didn’t want to happen.

So being reassured that Tyson wasn’t a jerk, Mara was ready to focus and rock which was good because the clock just turned 8 o’clock and that meant it was time to go on stage.

“Alright, girls, let’s kick some ass!” Mara said nervously, though, she was absolutely ready. They were all excited and ready to have an awesome time, so they walked down the hall to the stage.

“I’d like you all to give it up for this band. They are the best girl rock band I have ever heard and I hope some day to be able to say they were discovered in my club!” the manager of The Nights announced enthusiastically. “So here they are … The Reeds!”

The man jumped off the stage as the four girls walked on and went to their spots. Eliza had her beautiful new guitar already slung over her shoulder and was strumming a nice melody while the rest of them set up.

Once they were all ready, Mickie went up to the mic and started speaking, “’Ello! How are you all?” A good amount of people whooped in response. “That’s awesome,” she laughed. “Well, we are gonna play a song that we just perfected last night and we like it, so we hope you do too.” Right then Eliza skillfully transitioned from strumming to the melody of “I’m listening, are you.”

In the back of the club Tyson and the other man sat listening. It was clear to anyone who was actually looking that the cute guy with Tyson liked the song.

“Hello,” said a girl as she slid in the booth with Tyson and the man. “Enjoying the show?” she asked.

Neither of the boys knew who this girl was, and Tyson was getting worried that people were beginning to recognize him. “They are good,” he replied hoping to hide the fact that he was nervous.

“Haha, relax Tyson,” the girl said when she saw his failed attempt at looking calm. “I’m Mel. I work with the band like Arielle. Mara told me you’d be here, but she never said you’d be here,” she said now looking at Tyson’s guest.

“Yeah, I didn’t want Mara to know Pete was coming. I was afraid it would make them too nervous,” Tyson told Mel. She agreed with him. Knowing that Pete Wentz was watching them could ruin their confidence.

“So are you like an unofficial manager too?” Tyson asked her curious what exactly it is that she did for the band.

“Yeah, I guess you could say that,” she answered. “I pretty help with whatever I can.”

“I see.”

“Ah, man. I love this song!” Mel sighed as she heard Mickie’s voice announce “The Artist.”

Eliza had an acoustic guitar now, and she and Alex started off the song with a nice light rhythm and melody. After about thirty seconds of that Mickie began to softly sing. Going into the chorus Mara joined in with another guitar and continued through the next verse. Then the chorus came but this time with Mara’s voice adding beautiful harmony. After the chorus Mickie took over again. Finally, Mara joined back in to sing the last two choruses. After the last beat of the song was played, Alex smoothly transitioned them into the next song as Eliza and Mara quickly grabbed their other guitars and Mickie sat down at the small piano behind her. Once settled Mickie, Eliza, and Mara all hummed into their mics while playing their instruments and began the next song which was a cover of P!ATD.

TIME LAPSE

The girls were in the backroom again quite proud of themselves for putting on such a good show. They were waiting for the boss guy to tell them that the club was empty and they could take down their set. While waiting they decided eventually to read out load parts of Arielle’s latest romance novel. All of them were pretty much rolling on the floor laughing.

“…And he ran his hand down her …” Arielle read right before being interrupted by a quite large man clearing his throat. He had the most uncomfortable expression painted on his face so it was clear he had been standing there a good amount of time.

“Umm … excuse me,” he said after collecting himself, “I just wanted to let you know that there are only a few people left so you can pack up now.”

“Thank you,” Mara told him then he darted off. The second he disappeared the girls burst into laugher. It was one of those moments that was so awkward it was hilarious.

Once they calmed down they put the book away and walked out the door and down the hall to the stage. Alex was the first to break through the curtain that hid backstage, and when she looked out into the club, she stopped dead.

“Yo, Al, keep walking,” Eliza said trying to get around Alex to her crap. She looked in the direction Alex was staring and saw that only three people were left. Two of them she knew and met, the third she knew but never thought she’d meet.

“Mel! Tyson!” Mara yelled as she ran out from behind Eliza who was also now slightly immobile. “I was starting to think you didn’t come.” Just then Mara looked at the third person. “Holy Shit! Pete Wentz!” she mumbled, and he just smiled at her (well all of their) amazement. “God! I can’t believe you are here!” Just then it occurred to her why exactly he was there with Tyson. “Did you watch the show?” (Umm … Duh!)

Of course, Pete put it a little nicer: “Yes, and I loved it. Tyson called last night and was telling me about this girl band that was apparently fantastic and how I had to come see them. It was just lucky that I was so near because it would have been a tragedy if I had missed this.”

Both Tyson and Pete were smiling, and Mel who unfortunately had been ignored so far (it’s nothing against her. It’s just Pete kind of stole the spot light). Well, she looked very excited and if anyone had looked at her, they would have noticed that something very big was about to happen.

Okay, this is where I stop for now. Sorry!
No! Just kidding! Hehe though sadly that probably didn’t freak you out … oh well, on we go:


“Well, as I said I loved you guys,” Pete smiled and all the girls were now near him intently listening, “and I feel this world needs more girl rock bands, if you know what I mean.” The girls were pretty sure they knew what he meant, but were too scared of being wrong, they didn’t really say anything.

“He wants to offer you a contact!” Mel yelled finally getting the spot light back. “He wants to sign you!”

“Fuck, are you serious?” Alex asked in disbelief.

Pete just smiled and nodded his head, and at that slightest of movements, every single one of them freaked out.

“Haha,” Mickie laughed, “this is so Panic-esque haha!” Mara laughed with her agreeing with her comment. “We have to celebrate!” Mickie exclaimed. “We have to go to South Side! I’ll call my mother and tell her to leave the bar open.”

Everyone thought it was a great idea to celebrate in the bar that had been their concert hall for so long. They all thanked Pete with a huge hug and, of course, invited him to party with them which he accepted happily.

So they all brought down the set extremely quickly (though Tyson and Pete had a little trouble since they hadn’t taken down their own set in years.) and they all jumped into cars and headed to South Side to have the time of their lives.

HUGE TIME LAPSE

Mara stared out the window at the endless desert and its amazing rock formations. ‘Narture is able to do the craziest things,’ she thought. She tore her eyes away from the orange sandy waste land and looked behind her. The silver mini van was still following behind the comfy little sudan she was in. Tyson was next to her driving and Eliza was in the back seat slipping through a magazine. Mickie was driving the other girls in her van which they dubbed “Smokey.” Alex was in the front with her and Arielle and Mel were in the back and what space was left was taken up by equipment. The band was moving to LA with Tyson and the rest of the AAR boys to start recording. It had been a month since they heard the big news and now it was actually happening. They were going to become famous. Woo!

I must go. It’s time for dinner, and the boys are starved, and of course none of them are any good in the kitchen. So it’s up to me. Oh well, boys will be boys! I suppose.

Anyway I hope to write again soon. Please forgive me in advance if it takes longer than normal, but you know playing mom to seven full grown men is not an easy job. Men require a lot of attention! But I guess it will be interesting, if you know what I mean. Wink wink nudge nudge. Ha just kidding this isn’t an episode of the Real World. Which by the way was NEVER any thing like the real, real world that’s probably why it pissed me off so much.

Okay sorry, I’ll stop rambling. Back to business: As always contact me to let me know you got my letter and you want more. But however you contact me try to some how send me those pictures of Tyson you had spoken of. I miss his so much it will be nice to see him again! Down side to being on the run!

Oh Crap! The boys are getting restless so I’d better go before they try to cook something themselves and start a fire. Well, I hope to hear from you soon!

Love Always,
Beautiful
Sign up to rate and review this story