Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Evil Step Monster

Talking to Orpheus

by irish_ping-pong 3 reviews

The titans go to the Underworld and ask Orpheus about how Cronus his liar.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-08-30 - Updated: 2007-08-31 - 778 words

0Unrated
Okay...so obviously it didn't take as long as i thought it would to update...but here it is. By the way, thank you to those few who reviewed my stories...DON'T FORGET TO R&R PLEASE! (no flames please!) :D



“Uh, I think Orpheus is just around the corner here…oh my,” Theresa said and stopped when she saw Orpheus. He was surrounded by pictures of his wife and Theresa in golden frames. He was staring at one particular one of Theresa

“Oooo, that’s disturbing,” Neil said. Theresa whacked him in the stomach. “Hey!” Theresa walked over to Orpheus and tapped on his shoulder.

“Um, hi Orpheus…” his eyes brightened as he saw her and stood up and brought her into an enormous hug.

“My beloved. How I missed your presence and your beautiful face.” Archie laughed and Theresa shot him an angry glare. He let go of her and took her hand and kissed it. Theresa looked at her friends were snickering. Orpheus looked into Theresa’s eyes and melted. Theresa coughed nervously as Orpheus still held Theresa’s hand.

“Orpheus, we have a question for you,” Theresa told him.

“Ask me anything,” he replied dreamily.

“Oookay. Um, we wanted to know about how Cronus stole your lyre, because I need to play it to put Cerberus to sleep so Hades can return him to…Hades,” Theresa said.

“The one that you played with your hands?” Orpheus reassured.

“Uh, yah, that one,” Theresa said, gently taking her hand from his own. Orpheus seemed to snap out of his trance thing.

“Oh, yes. He had come disguised as Theseus, a close friend of mine,” Orpheus began sadly, “He said that he needed to borrow my lyre for something, and I gave it to him. As soon as I did, he transformed back into Cronus. He went through his portal and disappeared with my lyre.”

“I see. So I guess we know that he can change his form into someone else’s which could be a problem,” Theresa said.

“You could get Persephone to teach you to do the same, and then we’ll have an advantage, just like Cronus does,” Archie suggested.

“I guess I could ask her. I just hope she won’t get mad.”

“Did he say anything after he became Cronus again?” Jay asked.

“Yes, he said he wanted to get it before seven young titans came and got it to put Cerberus to sleep,” Orpheus replied resting his head on his hand. “He said that one of them knew how to play it…and…”

“And what?” Herry said looking at Theresa.

“He needed someone to play it for him,” Orpheus continued, “He said he found himself very persuasive.”

“Only the gods, you and Theresa know how to play it though,” Odie pointed out.

“There might be someone else but it is unlikely. Therefore he needs one of us. The gods are protected, I am dead and someone in Hades ought to see if I am abducted, soo…”

“That means Theresa is in danger,” Jay said looking at her.

“The poor girl,” Orpheus said. Theresa groaned and put her hand on her head.

“We can get the lyre back for you,” Theresa suggested, but as soon as she did, she knew it was a mistake. He almost hugged her but Theresa escaped.

“I am not your wife,” Theresa said slowly.

“But of course you are!” Orpheus said, managing to get a hold of Theresa this time. Theresa sighed. “I am so sorry for letting go back to Hades.”

“I am not your wife! My name is Theresa! I’m one of the titans that Cronus mentioned,” Theresa tried to tell him but he chuckled.

“I know it’s hard to think about it dear, but I’ll sing to you and play you music forever.”

“So excited,” Theresa muttered. Theresa pulled out of the hug. “Once again I am not your wife. Eurydice is somewhere else in Hades.”

“I love you.”

“Say what?” Theresa asked.

“I love you,” Orpheus repeated.

“Um…okay…” Theresa stuttered. Jay’s eye twitched in the background. “How about we go get your lyre back…and leave now.”

“Of course, anything for you,” Orpheus said. Theresa sighed with relief and walked away with her friends.

“Come back and visit me anytime my beloved!” Orpheus yelled to Theresa. She turned and waved good-bye. As soon as they turned around the corner, Theresa’s friends started laughing, except Jay.

“It’s not funny!” Theresa exclaimed as the climbed on the boat.

“Yah it is!” Neil laughed along with the others. Theresa groaned and remained silent the rest of the boat ride.
Sign up to rate and review this story